We will win 40 games this season, George or no George
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
LOL

Without George we are going to be worse than last year.

DLo won some games for us with some good scoring outings. Lonzo probably won't even score 30 in a game this year.

He is more of a distributor and he has no one to distribute to.

Yikes... Clarkson is going to be chucking more than ever... which is definitely not a good thing

Someone appears to not have ice in their balls.

Pre order some Z02s playa. Your sins for not believing in the BBB shall be forgiven next year when we make the playoffs.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

Zeus says the lakers will win 48 games.

Can't ignore Zeus message.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Zeus says the lakers will win 48 games.

Can't ignore Zeus message.

Zeus is a known ally of the Big Baller Brand.

We have god on our sides ladies and gentlemen.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
ingle wrote:
People comparing win totals against last season are also not considering we blatantly tanked half of last season. Theres zero incentive to do so this year.

I think free agent shooters are going to gravitate to us due to the Lonzo effect. Weve upgraded at 4 positions ans were gonna run some teams out the building this season.

40!

The Lonzo effect? NBA players already on Twitter mocking Lonzo. He has a target on his back already.

Nobody is going to want to go play with a guy whose dad will be yelling at your from the stands every time you don't pass his son the ball.

How did we upgrade at 4 positions?

PG- Lonzo vs DLo? I'm pretty confident in his first year Lonzo will struggle as do all rookies.

Sg: we don't have one

Sf: Ingram ideally will be better with age but still wouldn't consider it an upgrade.

PF: same players

Center:Lopez is an upgrade... IF he doesn't get injured like usual

Take your negativity to the Nets board.

I broke down why were better at 4 positions already. 3 are givens. The 4th ive got my account riding on im so confident its true
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

Every year we have threads like this. I love the optimism, but no way to objectively say we will win 40 this year. We HOPE Lonzo pans out, but it may not be this season. We HOPE BI improves. We HOPE we don't have significant injuries to the roster.

I remember in right before the 05-06 season someone posted that we would win the title with a lineup of Smush, Kobe, Luke, Lamar, Brown; and that was just because we got Phil. That 06 roster is much better than this roster just for the simple reason we had Kobe in his prime. However, this roster has more talent spread across with more "potential"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

I think WITH PG13 and Brook, and a few FA additions, we could win 40 games. Without PG13, pretty rough year.

But that's why we need to be patient about Lonzo and Ingram. They're 19 FFS.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ingle wrote:
Lonzos the chosen one. If hes not better than DLo was last season ill delete my account.

You wont ever question his effort or motor. That alone elevates him above DLo for me. Your PG has to lead.

Again, why the focus on DLO? What happened to Lebron/Kidd/Melo effect? Quite a downgrade, no?

You brought up DLo. I really dont wanna mention DLo any more than i need to since it pains me to type his name. After all the emotional investment over the last 2 years and how little we got in return.

Im sticking to my view, your transcendent talents elevate their teams regardless of age. To add another one - CP3 - 20 win upgrade in rookie year.
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

Lakers will win more game than 2017!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ingle wrote:
Lonzos the chosen one. If hes not better than DLo was last season ill delete my account.

You wont ever question his effort or motor. That alone elevates him above DLo for me. Your PG has to lead.

Again, why the focus on DLO? What happened to Lebron/Kidd/Melo effect? Quite a downgrade, no?

You brought up DLo. I really dont wanna mention DLo any more than i need to since it pains me to type his name. After all the emotional investment over the last 2 years and how little we got in return.

Im sticking to my view, your transcendent talents elevate their teams regardless of age. To add another one - CP3 - 20 win upgrade in rookie year.

My reason for bringing up DLO/Lou/Swaggy is that if you took them off the team, the Lakers probably win 18 games last year?

So my stating that this team would be lucky to win 30 as currently constructed IS actually saying that I think Lonzo will have a winning effect.

You see it as 26 to 30...I see it as basically 18 to 30.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think WITH PG13 and Brook, and a few FA additions, we could win 40 games. Without PG13, pretty rough year.

But that's why we need to be patient about Lonzo and Ingram. They're 19 FFS.

Exactly. We need to enjoy this upcoming season watching Lonzo develop and that includes watching him make mistakes. It's part of getting better. Looking forward to see BI and his improvements and development. Losing comes with development and that's something we need to remember. Us Lakers fans have NEVER experienced two seasons in a row of not making the playoffs, let alone four. This is new territory for all of us. But we need not put too much pressure on the young guys. I'm looking forward to see if there is a culture change because of Lonzo's presence.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

I like the optimism but give me the under on that all day long.

We end up at 32 wins, barring any other crazy changes and assuming Lopez plays a full season more or less
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

Too early to predict wins/losses without factoring in free agent acquisitions, possible trades. Gotta wait at least another month for the roster to finalize IMO. If we pick up someone like, say, Taj Gibson, then I see the Lopez-Gibson pairing being fairly effective on both ends of the floor. The whole is always greater than the sum of its parts. Team synergy (offensive and defensive), chemistry, fit should be given the same level of importance as talent, at least for this upcoming season. I think the Timberwolves, one of the teams with the best talent, learned that the hard way last season. I'm also skeptical the 76ers, despite their "star power", will put it together next season.

I will say something the "doom and gloom" people here are overlooking - the benefit of drafting Lonzo is that the team might look better than it really is. Sure we'll have some glaring holes, but some projections have him making the most impact out of anyone in the draft. We don't know the full extent of how much he'll enhance, say, Randle's game. Another variable to consider is Ingram's growth, and how he'll fit Luke's transition style with Lonzo. I see the Ingram-Ball dynamic just flat out annihilating teams in transition, in the open court. They will be very formidable in the future.

I think we'll have depth, chemistry, hart, but not necessarily "star power", though I think Ingram will separate himself from the pack starting year 3. The latter will come in a year or two, and hopefully Paul George will ride Ingram's coattails one day.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject:

I'm guessing PG gets dealt to another team this year. I mean not us.

On that premise, 40 wins will depend on which other FAs we can get and how well they can mesh with our youth.

We will be handing out big 1 year contracts to preserve the Cap space next season.

We might end up trading Clarkson and Randle (other teams) at the deadline to free up more cap space.

Deng will also get stretched next year.

2018 will be our Day One.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Too early to predict wins/losses without factoring in free agent acquisitions, possible trades. Gotta wait at least another month for the roster to finalize IMO. If we pick up someone like, say, Taj Gibson, then I see the Lopez-Gibson pairing being fairly effective on both ends of the floor. The whole is always greater than the sum of its parts. Team synergy (offensive and defensive), chemistry, fit should be given the same level of importance as talent, at least for this upcoming season. I think the Timberwolves, one of the teams with the best talent, learned that the hard way last season. I'm also skeptical the 76ers, despite their "star power", will put it together next season.

I will say something the "doom and gloom" people here are overlooking - the benefit of drafting Lonzo is that the team might look better than it really is. Sure we'll have some glaring holes, but some projections have him making the most impact out of anyone in the draft. We don't know the full extent of how much he'll enhance, say, Randle's game. Another variable to consider is Ingram's growth, and how he'll fit Luke's transition style with Lonzo. I see the Ingram-Ball dynamic just flat out annihilating teams in transition, in the open court. They will be very formidable in the future.

I think we'll have depth, chemistry, hart, but not necessarily "star power", though I think Ingram will separate himself from the pack starting year 3. The latter will come in a year or two, and hopefully Paul George will ride Ingram's coattails one day.

Yeah year 3 LonzoGram will be fun to watch. Jules/DLO would have been nice to see year 3 too, but not sure how long even Jules will have on the Lakers.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

We are not winning 40 games without PG.

!...
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

That means there's 42 that we can win! Go lakers
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

Not without DLO. They lost Lou and DLO. I think we're looking at 25 wins again.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Roster isn't close to set, let's wait until there done making moves.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

Yeah too soon a day after the draft
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

I'm guessing there is 5-6 FAs and trades we are gonna do, so we can be way better then what people are expecting.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: We will win 40 games this season, George or no George

ingle wrote:
I just feel with our culture change, riding the wave of the late season win streak and the addition of our franchise player Lonzo Ball we're going to surprise some people this year.

The player that Lonzo gets compared to the most, Jason Kidd improved the Mavs by 20 wins in his rookie year. And like Lonzo, he took his previously mediocre team and improved them by 10+ wins. Just shows if youre good enough, you can have an impact on the W column even as a rookie.

I'd expect a 19-year-old rookie point -- surrounded by lots of young players with a relatively inexperienced coach -- to have struggles, even if he turns out OK.

I also don't believe in putting a "franchise player" tag on someone before they earned it (see D'Angelo Russell).

Anyway, I have no win prediction. I just look for development and slow progress.
HartAttack
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

I think we win 35 games.

PG is better than last year. Lonzo is better than Russell at PG.
SG is worse. Clarkson/Nwaba is not as good as Nick/Lou.
SF should be improved. 2nd year Ingram better than rookie Ingram.
PF - Randle will be the same.
C - Huge improvement here.

I think our defense will be better too with getting guys like Hart and Kuzma in the rotation.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ingle wrote:

Folks seem to think Russell was the major limiting factor on last year's team.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
LOL

Without George we are going to be worse than last year.

DLo won some games for us with some good scoring outings. Lonzo probably won't even score 30 in a game this year.

He is more of a distributor and he has no one to distribute to.

Yikes... Clarkson is going to be chucking more than ever... which is definitely not a good thing

Someone appears to not have ice in their balls.

Pre order some Z02s playa. Your sins for not believing in the BBB shall be forgiven next year when we make the playoffs.

You should create a bit account to do this bit. But it is entertaining.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20
Jump to: