FA Guard/Wing

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: FA Guard/Wing

In all the draft success that the Lakers have seemingly had so far this season, there are still some holes that need to be filled. In order to clear some cap we sent Russell over to the Nets in exchange for a Top 5 Big in Brook Lopez. This was a great addition for our team, but now we're void services at the 2 Guard or Wing position. I have listed some seemingly affordable FA Players the Lakers could pick up to solidify that position.

Arron Afflalo - Recently released from the Kings, solid defender on the wing, can create his own shot and offers some veteran balance to align with Lopez. I think he should be atop our list and he could be an affordable get, if the Clippers don't try to bamboozle him... At 31 years of age, he's ripe and ready to be a good solid Locker Room/Vet presence on a team that needs it.

Tyreke Evans - A bit of an enigma, he maybe worth a look for cheap. I doubt anyone overpays to keep him around, it's just not feasible at this time. I'm not quite sure what type of Locker room guy he is, but maybe worth a look.

Ben McLemore
- Is young and has a ton of potential. Sacramento was a bad place for him as a rookie, simply because he had Boogie there hogging up everything and there wasn't much that was going to happen with him in the way. When Boogie left it was a bad climate and no place for McLemore to establish his worth. However there have been flashes of potential, but too inconsistent to really tell. He maybe worth it for the Lakers on a deal that won't break the bank.

Ian Clark
- This guy right here is my favorite and well suited for major minutes on a team that's looking to get up the floor. I think the Lakers would be a perfect fit for him. He can truly play and score from the perimeter. I think he would fit well with Ball in the back court and would be a nice find. He maybe suited for a bigger deal, but if Luke has any influence from his Warrior days, we maybe lucky enough to get him in the Purple and Gold.

Others to Mention:

Dion Waters
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Anthony Morrow
Brandon Rush
Rudy Gay (Not a 2, but maybe able to play that position and could offer great balance and symmetry alongside Lopez until PG comes in)

What's you're thoughts on an affordable wing player from the FA pool? The Lakers definitely have to fill this spot, Clarkson is not the guy in the starting rotation for this position. I'm a huge fan of his, but I think he's better served off the bench as a backup 2/Combo Guard.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

Good list.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Take whoever will accept a 1 year deal. Lakers aren't going to sign anyone to more than a 1 year deal as their plan is to sign 2 max free agents next year.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

I like Clark and Hardaway from this list. But, Hardaway will likely get around 17 or 18 million for at least 3 or 4 years. Would love to add him, but, don't see how it happens. Plus, with Dwight's contract out of the way, I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta ponies up and keeps him. Clark could be a good target depending on what type of offers we would be competing with. It's a shame that Afflalo's athleticism/speed has dropped off so much. The younger version of him would be a great addition.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

what about Young?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: