OFFICIAL BROOK LOPEZ THREAD (Signs 1 yr deal with Bucks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
I really wonder if he is injured, if his back is acting up. Its pretty amazing how poorly he is playing considering he was on fire a couple of weeks ago.

Very possible.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

10scott10 wrote:
I really wonder if he is injured, if his back is acting up. Its pretty amazing how poorly he is playing considering he was on fire a couple of weeks ago.

If he’s hurt, he should sit simple as that, he’s hurting the team in the 1st quarter and if we had a reliable C we likely don’t see a 35 yr old Randolph going off on us, he needs to sit for a few games just to restore some of his game.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

10scott10 wrote:

Very possible. He is not the fastest guy to begin with so, add in a back injury and there you go- not effective. If true I hope he gets well soon.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject:

With possibly Jokic and Millsap out Saturday I can see Brook having a big bounce back game against Denver's depleted front line.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject:

At this point, the Lakers ONLY need jumpshooting from that spot — a guy who can naturally shoot 35% from three.

Only heightened by Ball’s current lack of shooting confidence, the Lakers, although understandably having to to replace the defensive rim protection provided by Lopez, if he’s in fact demoted, desperately need shooting from that position (starting center), no matter how and by any prudent means necessary.

Beyond the obvious trade value benefits, I think it’s time to try Deng at center. He could actually, when compared directly with Lopez, make this overall team a whole lot better.

Deng could conceivably provide more consistent deep shooting over Lopez and, actually, from a versatility standpoint, improve the overall defense.

... And if Deng can’t handle some big, burly, offensive center, simply bench him, out of the rotation, and replace him with Lopez that game.

... And if Deng can’t shoot 35% from three, replace him with someone else who can.

Guys like Spencer Hawes, Yi Jianlian, Charlie Villanueva, Ryan Kelly (a bit of a reach), Montiejunas, or Mike Muscala could cheaply provide this team with the deepball shooting they lack from that center position.

Lopez could still be the guy though. At this point, I don’t see it, but that’d be great, perfect actually. But if he doesn’t show the ability to be a consistent threat from three soon, replace his ass.

Give Deng first dibs on ALL his minutes, then try Hawes or Kelly or Villanueva, if Deng can’t cut it.

Unless you’ve been in love with Brook Lopez’s contribution of late though, there is absolutely nothing to lose here and everything to gain (if they do in fact replace him with a 35% 3pt. shooter).

Simply put, it’s worth a try if Lopez keeps stinking it up.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject:

Yeah, name all the centers in the NBA that can play defense and shoot 35% from three that would actually be attainable by the Lakers.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Yeah, name all the centers in the NBA that can play defense and shoot 35% from three that would actually be attainable by the Lakers.

Defense notwithstanding, I just named eight, and there are even more.

They’ve got one on the roster right now in particular making 18 million dollars a year, who’s at home daily watching General Hospital. He just might help.

If Lopez continues to struggle, no shame giving his minutes to Deng and seeing what happens. The results may surprise everyone.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

Lopez is turning into a disappointing trade. The 20 ppg is not
materializing He is slow and not good on defense.
DeAngelo Russell is averaging 21 ppg with the Nets. And he will be doing that for a few years as he is not yet reached his peak.

The only good thing is that his contract will come of the books
next year.
The Lakers HAVE to stop using past performance on aging players and learn to scout with their eyes.
And giving up great players to dump salaries is the most stupid thing in the world.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
DeAngelo Russell is averaging 21 ppg with the Nets. And he will be doing that for a few years as he is not yet reached his peak.

next year.
The Lakers HAVE to stop using past performance on aging players and learn to scout with their eyes.
And giving up great players to dump salaries is the most stupid thing in the world.

Extremely shortsighted here dude. Classic example of “not seeing the forest from the trees”. This is chess not checkers my man.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Big Mamba Thomas Bryant after a year of seasoning in the G-league.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

next year.

The trade was not to get Lopez. The trade was to get rid of Mozgov, get a first round draft pick and salary cap relief.

Lopez will not be back IMO. Great trade if you ask me, especially considering DLO's continued knee problems and how well Kuzma has turned out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I personally don't think he's lost a step on offense and he's been pretty good on defense (surprisingly, given what the common perception of him has been and the "soft" label since he entered the league). It's just that he doesn't seem to fit our system, if you can even call it that. Luke wants the guys to run, run, run, and that's when we're at our best, especially with the smaller, more hyperactive bench units. That's not Brook's game.

And with the starters, there's not enough shooting and overall structure to make it work, either. It still often devolves into ISOs and improv situations where guys are passing up open outside shots to attack the basket and freewheeling plays. In a more organized offense with better spacing, Brook could still put up 20 a game. The only emphasis they put on him in our offense is forcing post-ups, which is one of the more inefficient forms of scoring in today's league to begin with and even worse given our limited spacing. Too often it seems like he's going nowhere with his moves and only getting in the way of others. And though improved, he's not a good enough shooter to be relying on spot-up opportunities has his primary form of offense, nor does it seem to be drawing much defensive attention to open up things for his teammates.

Unless Luke is magically going to implement an above average offensive scheme and has a tree full of shooters growing in his backyard, this looks like an obvious trade waiting to happen and I hope that's the direction the FO is thinking about going right now.

We would get a minimum of $16.5 mil in salary if we trade Lopez.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Watching Brook's play tonight was painful.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I think we’re better off with Randle than Brookey. Any way we can trade him for some sort of pick? I’m sure he worth at least a late first rounder?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
I think we’re better off with Randle than Brookey. Any way we can trade him for some sort of pick? I’m sure he worth at least a late first rounder?

His value is tankingggggg
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
MJST wrote:

They’ve got one on the roster right now in particular making 18 million dollars a year, who’s at home daily watching General Hospital. He just might help.

If Lopez continues to struggle, no shame giving his minutes to Deng and seeing what happens. The results may surprise everyone.

Deng's a C?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
MJST wrote:

Deng's a C?

Not against guys like Embiid, no, but against 60% of the league, yes.

Deng is (a generous) 6’9 with an over seven foot wingspan. I’d think he could fare well there to improve team shooting and defensive versatility.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject:

I wonder how he averaged 20ppg before.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I wonder how he averaged 20ppg before.

The same way DLO and Devin Booker do it, save all of your energy for offense and don't put much effort in on the D end. That's not a slight on DLO and Booker, but it's a fact...Brook had an 110+ DRTG last season, just asked to chuck 3's and had the stamina/energy all ready because he wasn't playing D. DLO goes to the nets, now his scoring has increased...still playing no D. Booker, all offense, no energy spent on D.

Playing Defense is hard and draining. When your coaching staff just asks you to score and everybody thinks you are a great player when you just score and they don't care about your D, it's easier.

Here brook is asked to actually play defense and use some of that precious energy on the defensive end, can't shoot.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject:

Hard to believe that Brook Lopez is only 29yo. I thought he was at least 33-34 lol
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

Lopez and his 3-point attempts are really starting to piss me off...

It seems like he stays out near the 3-pt line due to either being LAZY and tired of having to go up against a physical center.

Then he needlessly launches his three pointer at a only slight higher % than ZO!

No wonder the Lakers are LAST (or near last) in three pointers!

Yet when Lopez plays 'Near the basket' he gets MORE blocks, rebounds and easier shots!

In baseball, guys who are singles-hitters who suddenly try to hit HR's and thus strike out a lot, are directly to go with their strength and just try to hit singles... LUKE needs to have Lopez play in the paint MORE and limit his 3-point attempts to 2/per game MAX..

Last edited by unleasHell on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

I am glad we have Lopez and Bogut on the squad when we have to fact Embiid. He played OK don Embiid last night, at least he slows him down with his size and length. Had some nice moves on him as well in the first quarter for some dunks.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:

This dude is beyond worthless
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

He needs to get the Deng treatment. This is ridiculous how awful he is.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Nickname is mans not hot
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 34 of 56
Jump to: