OFFICIAL BROOK LOPEZ THREAD (Signs 1 yr deal with Bucks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Jiggling Jello wrote:
LVLAKERFAN wrote:
There should be more excitement for Lopez. We a get a 7 footer that just averaged at least 20 PPG, 1.7 BPG two seasons in a row. Can't really rebound, but can pass, shoot 3's and FT's . Great attitude and still in his prime. If Randle turns into a rebounding beast, we will surprise a lot of people.

Can there really be excitement about a player whom we are all expecting will be gone in a year?

Exactly...he's 29 so he doesn't exactly fit into the rebuild. It would be funny though if the two max players we sign next season are randle and Lopez lol
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
LVLAKERFAN wrote:
There should be more excitement for Lopez. We a get a 7 footer that just averaged at least 20 PPG, 1.7 BPG two seasons in a row. Can't really rebound, but can pass, shoot 3's and FT's . Great attitude and still in his prime. If Randle turns into a rebounding beast, we will surprise a lot of people.

Can there really be excitement about a player whom we are all expecting will be gone in a year?

Exactly...he's 29 so he doesn't exactly fit into the rebuild. It would be funny though if the two max players we sign next season are randle and Lopez lol

It wouldn't be funny at all, It'd be pretty depressing though

unless Randle someone is looking like a superstar in the making and Paul George takes 1 dollar less then the max
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

I really think he will surprise many here that think of him as a one season throw away player for us. He is better than you think.
Jiggling Jello
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
I really think he will surprise many here that think of him as a one season throw away player for us. He is better than you think.

The question is if Maginka thinks of him as anything other than a one season throwaway player. They seem so fixated on their "2 max players" plan that I doubt there will be any room on the Lakers for Brook come the 2018-2019 season if they sign the max players they want, unless Brook decides to take a massive hometown discount (or those max players take a discount). Seeing as this is probably Brook's last chance at a long and fat contract, I highly doubt that happens.

Don't get me wrong, though. Brook is a great player and will easily be the Lakers' best player out of the gates, and I would love for him to be signed for a 3 year, <$20 million/year contract. However, it just doesn't seem like Maginka got him for anything other than cap relief.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
LVLAKERFAN wrote:

Yeah, I feel a little bad for Brook. Only on page 4 of his official thread. Lonzo's over 200 and they've been Lakers for basically the same amount of time.

I'm sure it'll rebound in time.....

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

Even if this and other signings are one-year rentals, people underestimate the impact that good, established players can have on the young guys. I'm not even talking about the positive locker room and work ethic influence, but the fact that a stretch 5 like Brook can open up Jules' slashing game all of a sudden. Just in general, things are easier when you have other veteran players drawing the defense's attention and creating better scoring opportunities for you. It's why a guy like Booker could solely focus on scoring with Bledsoe by his side as a set-up man, versus DLo who had to create his own offense for the most part.
Big Game Jeff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

Really warming up to the Brook Lopez acquisition.

Kudos to Magic & Rob 'Lowe' Pelinka...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Brook Lopez Highlights

have fun
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Brook Lopez Highlights

have fun

We should be able to put up point for sure...just hope we can get stops
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Brook Lopez is such a steal for the Lakers... they basically gave up nothing to get him!

Kudos Magic and Rob!
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Brook Lopez is such a steal for the Lakers... they basically gave up nothing to get him!

Kudos Magic and Rob!

Bro, this trolling just to get a reaction from people. Knock it off.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Kudos Magic and Rob!

I was not. Lakers drafted Ball to replace Dlo, kinda equal trade off there.
But then, only gave up Mozgov for Lopez, lopsided in the Lakers favor...

how is that trolling? Giving props to the Lakers is now trolling?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Brook Lopez offense by plays:
Transition: 1.25 PPP, 66.7% eFG, 76.5 percentile, 6.3% frequency
Isolation: .89 PPP, 43% eFG, 61.6 percentile, 6% frequency
PnR Roll Man: 1.08 PPP, 52.3% eFG, 61.5 percentile, 16.7% frequency
Post Up: .97 PPP, 52.3% FG, 75.8 percentile, 27% frequency
Spot Up: 1.02 PPP, 52.3% eFG, 63.8 percentile, 20.9% frequency
Cut: 1.32 PPP, 65.7% FG, 63.4 percentile, 6% frequency
Off Screen: .77 PPP, 36.8% eFG, 26.5 percentile, 4.3% frequency
Put Back: 1.17 PPP, 53.4% FG, 69 percentile, 6% frequency
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Kudos Magic and Rob!

So Lonzo is equal to Russell?

You know this and he hasn't even played in 1 NBA game?

I don't think it will be an issue but what if Lonzo busts? Is it still an a smart trade? Is it still a steal?

What if we don't get any max or we agents next summer. Is it still a great move?

What if Dlo has a break out season. Is he still nothing?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:

Yes, if you ignore defense and rebounding. My only hope is that he stays healthy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Jiggling Jello wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

The question is if Maginka thinks of him as anything other than a one season throwaway player. They seem so fixated on their "2 max players" plan that I doubt there will be any room on the Lakers for Brook come the 2018-2019 season if they sign the max players they want, unless Brook decides to take a massive hometown discount (or those max players take a discount). Seeing as this is probably Brook's last chance at a long and fat contract, I highly doubt that happens.

Don't get me wrong, though. Brook is a great player and will easily be the Lakers' best player out of the gates, and I would love for him to be signed for a 3 year, <$20 million/year contract. However, it just doesn't seem like Maginka got him for anything other than cap relief.

His cap hold is around $45 mil, he will be renounced.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Drifts wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Kudos Magic and Rob!

I don't think it will be an issue but what if Lonzo busts? Is it still an a smart trade? Is it still a steal?

What if we don't get any max or we agents next summer. Is it still a great move?

it will be called "meaningless" cause he's in Brooklyn and gets "all the offensive opportunities"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

I think it's around a 30m cap hold.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Drifts wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Kudos Magic and Rob!

your response is full of "ifs"... when those "ifs" materialize , then I'll have a different opinion.

see, my opinion is based on the present ... actually, I believe Ball is going to be a lot lot better than Russell, factoring all things. Only concern is his father, but I don't really think Lavar will be a problem, since, his kid looks ok so far.

by the way, we also got a pick out of the trade... making more lopsided in the Lakers favor.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

No way it is that much.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Brook is as good as a mentor as you could probably get if you are grooming Zubac to be the next center.

The two actually have similar games -- Brook's is a lot more refined obviously and he can put the ball on the floor a little bit. I think Brook might even be a little better of an athlete than Zubac is.

There's some similarities though (the shooting touch, floater in the paint etc)

I'm excited to see what this team looks like in pre-season. They should be able to play any style they want to. They can run-and-gun with Lonzo where he can also be recipient of some Dirk-like trailing 3's .. OR if a play breaks down.. he's someone you can dump it into and he can make something happen.

I really, really like the Brook Lopez acquisition.
Jiggling Jello
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

I think it's around a 30m cap hold.

Yeah, I was under the impression that it was 150%, or around 34 million. Still doesn't bode well for his longevity with the Lakers.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
LVLAKERFAN wrote:

Yeah, I feel a little bad for Brook. Only on page 4 of his official thread. Lonzo's over 200 and they've been Lakers for basically the same amount of time.

I'm sure it'll rebound in time.....

I'm afraid not. Rebounds and Brook Lopez are not compatible.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Drifts wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Kudos Magic and Rob!

your response is full of "ifs"... when those "ifs" materialize , then I'll have a different opinion.

see, my opinion is based on the present ... actually, I believe Ball is going to be a lot lot better than Russell, factoring all things. Only concern is his father, but I don't really think Lavar will be a problem, since, his kid looks ok so far.

by the way, we also got a pick out of the trade... making more lopsided in the Lakers favor.

The idea is to build upon your picks, not replace it. 2015 is now wasted. Unless the super team dream comes true. The end result of this trade after losing Brook will be the 27th pick. So tempter your excitement, hatred, etc.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Brook Lopez Highlights

have fun

Might be the best Center on the offensive side.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 5 of 56
Jump to: