OFFICIAL BROOK LOPEZ THREAD (Signs 1 yr deal with Bucks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I love Lopez's game. I don't know how anyone can say if we resign him its a failure (especially not knowing the terms). If we signed Lopez for South of 20 million, I think it would be a great signing. The guy is a talent and I for one do not think its a forgone conclusion that he will not be a Laker next year. He is going to have a BIG year this year. He is going to lead us to respectability and being close to a .500 team.

IMO, the plan was to always get 2 max guys (LeBron and PG) and then convince Brook into taking a smaller deal to make it work with the 3 of them + Lonzo + BI + Kuzma + Nance.

(LeBron and PG are both in situations where they are every incentive to stay-- Including winning. Us Laker fans should root for hard for Cleveland and OKC failing majorly.)

But in that situation Lopez is almost the perfect center, amazing shooter, post game, great size, and could play 24 mins a game and then allow us to play small ball.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I love Lopez's game. I don't know how anyone can say if we resign him its a failure (especially not knowing the terms). If we signed Lopez for South of 20 million, I think it would be a great signing. The guy is a talent and I for one do not think its a forgone conclusion that he will not be a Laker next year. He is going to have a BIG year this year. He is going to lead us to respectability and being close to a .500 team.

I really like Brook but he would have been a UFA anyways in 2018. He’s also going to be 30+ and has a history of injuries with now a back issue. Big men at that age is a risky proposition for around 20m a year.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

IMO, the plan was to always get 2 max guys (LeBron and PG) and then convince Brook into taking a smaller deal to make it work with the 3 of them + Lonzo + BI + Kuzma + Nance.

(LeBron and PG are both in situations where they are every incentive to stay-- Including winning. Us Laker fans should root for hard for Cleveland and OKC failing majorly.)

But in that situation Lopez is almost the perfect center, amazing shooter, post game, great size, and could play 24 mins a game and then allow us to play small ball.

I'm sure it's every team's plan in the NBA to sign two max superstars . Falling short of that isn't a failure. Come on. That almost never happens. Orlando with TMac/GHill, Miami with the superfriends, and? You put yourself in a position to do it and hope for the best.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

Lopez has been underrated for a very, very long time. Part of the reason why is because he's been under the radar on a terrible Nets team but he can play. He is one of the best players in the league. When I say that I mean top 20-25. This is not an exaggerration. He can give you scoring and defense. He is amazing for spacing, especially for a team like the Lakers that really needs it.

Don't sleep on him. He will average 22-24 ppg this year. Along with some 6-7 rebounds and 2 blocks. He's been at around 20 ppg for a while now but this year I think he improves that.

I absoulutely do see him as a piece on a contending team.
However since this will likely be his last big contract we won't get a discount and if we aren't in the conversation for playoffs come february I can see us trading him. But still, I do think he is a very, very good player.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

Lopez is the key to the Lakers season. He is the most proven scorer. The next is who?
Hopefully, next year he will take a below the max contract if he performs this year.
KCP doesn't seem a proven scorer. Randle and Ingram have possibilities. Lopez is he only proven scorer in the NBA with Lakers.
Lonzo is a distributor not a scorer.
This also makes Kuzma very valuable. The Lakers have only two good shooters Lopez and Kuzma.
Why is that so?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

This guy is good.
I love how he just steps out into the open spot.
Opens up the lane for guys to drive or dish.

I wish he'd take about 7 3s a game. But I dont think he'll have enough playing time to do so.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject:

It'll never happen, I know, but because Deng and Randle need to play (for obvious reasons) and Ingram, I think, should play almost exclusively at PF, I'd strongly consider benching both Lopez and Nance.

Deng and Randle should get all their minutes at center, while Kuzma and Ingram should get all their minutes at PF.

I really like Lopez a lot, but I think Deng, not only needs to play in hopes of making it easier to trade his contract later, but also because I think playing him at center actually improves the team's overall team defense and gives the team the best chance at winning consistently against these "new-age" teams.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
It'll never happen, I know, but because Deng and Randle need to play (for obvious reasons) and Ingram, I think, should play almost exclusively at PF, I'd strongly consider benching both Lopez and Nance.

Deng and Randle should get all their minutes at center, while Kuzma and Ingram should get all their minutes at PF.

I really like Lopez a lot, but I think Deng, not only needs to play in hopes of making it easier to trade his contract later, but also because I think playing him at center actually improves the team's overall team defense and gives the team the best chance at winning consistently against these "new-age" teams.

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

Let's not play our best player so we can give more minutes to our worst player
Mirjalovic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

classic sign of ptsd
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

I've read 3 of his posts now and they are the top 3 hottest takes I've ever seen
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

I wonder if the idea has always been to make him part of the team going forward.

I've heard more than one cap guru state that next year is going to be a really bad year for free agents in terms of available money. Especially for traditional centers as the game seems to be moving away from big post players.

Those same cap gurus throw out the idea of Lopez signing a small one year deal for next season, so the Lakers are eligible to exceed the cap to retain him long term the year after. He's what, 29? His game should age well too.

And just to take a small hit of the crack pipe, he would be perfect next to LeBron.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

So now that the fantasy of Paul George or LeBron James wanting anything to do with this team has been dissipated.

What's the chances that Lopez wants to come back to this?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Weird game by Lopez, 20 points on 19 shots. And DJ rebounded like Lopez wasn’t on the floor, it was 5 on 4. Easy to see why his teams don’t win much with him as their first option.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Lopez will be the next in line to not want to be on this team next year
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Bad outside shooting. Took it more to the hole in the 3rd.
People complain about his rebounding, especially Chris Webber during the telecast. These national guys are pretty unaware. Brook boxes out. If the rest of the team boxes out, we'd get more team rebounds.

There were so many missed shots, I'm not surprised Jordan had over 20 rebs.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I really like Brook but he would have been a UFA anyways in 2018. He’s also going to be 30+ and has a history of injuries with now a back issue. Big men at that age is a risky proposition for around 20m a year.

We're gonna see a lot more pick n pop with Lonzo/Lopez. This guy might be a keeper
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

We're gonna see a lot more pick n pop with Lonzo/Lopez. This guy might be a keeper

If he was the reason we traded DLO however, that's not a long term win for us at all. Again, he's going to be 30. How is he going to look at age 31-34?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

If he was the reason we traded DLO however, that's not a long term win for us at all. Again, he's going to be 30. How is he going to look at age 31-34?

If Magic and Pelinka do not land 2 max stars then there was absolutely ZERO reason to make that trade. I’m extremely concerned about that plan. Who the hell would join this team after seeing what we all saw last night.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

what an upgrade this guy is from the corpses Mitch and Jimbo got like Roy Hibbert, Mozgov and even Rob Sacre who was basically a 3rd string d-leaguer forced to start in the NBA because Mitch and Jimbo run out of options. lol
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Lopez is solid as a rock. He is a leader, a scorer and plays decent defense.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

great game tonight. should have made that freethrow though.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

He gets 18 on the down low. So easy for him.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject:

shout out to brolo for the low-key solid performance. most consistent Laker so far. I hated the dlo trade as much as anyone, but not gonna lie this guy is going to help lonzo's rookie year sooooo much
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject:

11 boards!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 19 of 56
Jump to: