Bill Cosby accused of rape
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Bill Cosby accused of rape

(CNN) --
Quote:
Nasty allegations have been haunting one of America's most iconic comedians, a man with a reputation for moral wholesomeness. For nine years, Bill Cosby has been accused of sexual assault by women who say they were the victims.
Cosby has repeatedly said that the allegations are untrue. And he has never been prosecuted.
But since 2005, a handful of women have made the claim. This year, those accusations resurfaced, and on Monday, a seemingly harmless post to Cosby's confirmed Twitter account turned them into a social media storm.
Cosby's social media stunt backfires
In its wake, one of his accusers, Barbara Bowman, turned to the public once more with an article in the Washington Post. She also spoke to CNN's Don Lemon.
Old allegations put Cosby in new light
Bill Cosby: Evolution of an icon Bill Cosby: Evolution of an icon
Bowman claims she was drugged then raped, though she said she never saw drugs.
"I woke up out of a very confused state not in my clothes." She said she knew her body had been touched without her permission. This occurred several times in the course of their contact, she said.
She said to CNN that Cosby told her she had been drunk.
Bowman was 17 and an aspiring actress when she met Cosby in 1985. She considered him to be her mentor.
She spent time in his home, which included dinners with the star.
She said the abuse began after she turned 18.
Despite what she said was happening to her, she kept coming back. And Cosby and her agent financed her apartment in addition to supporting her acting ambitions, she said.
She was afraid to talk to her agent about her concerns, and she felt Cosby's influence over her was too powerful.
"I was terrified of him," she said.
"As a teenager, I tried to convince myself I had imagined it. I even tried to rationalize it: Bill Cosby was going to make me a star and this was part of the deal," she wrote in her Washington Post article.
In a Friday morning interview on CNN's "New Day," Bowman said she went to a lawyer in 1989 to discuss legal action against Cosby but "he laughed me right out of the office."
After that, Bowman said, she "just gave up" and moved on with her life. When another woman took legal action against Cosby years later, Bowman decided to lend her support, she said.
"I believe her because it happened to me," she said Friday.
CNN reached out to Cosby's representative for comment on this article but has not yet heard back.
When asked about the allegations Saturday during an interview on NPR, Cosby did not respond -- instead shaking his head "no," according to the interviewer, Scott Simon.
"There are people who love you who might like to hear from you about this. I want to give you the chance," Simon said, to silence from Cosby. "All right."
The Tweet
On Monday, the comedian -- or whomever was in charge of his social media -- put out a challenge with a jovial picture of Cosby in a cap: "Go ahead. Meme me! #cosbymeme."
The Internet immediately reacted, but probably not in the way Cosby expected.
"Claire, have you seen my ... nevermind, found my raping hat!" tweeted Trill Withers over the cap picture.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/14/showbiz/tv/bill-cosby-rape-allegations/index.html
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Puddin' pop.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Puddin' pop.

OMFG. That is the first thing that randomly popped up in my head and you got there in the first reply.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Puddin' pop.

OMFG. That is the first thing that randomly popped up in my head and you got there in the first reply.

Rofl.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Puddin' pop.

Rofl.

I was at a bar many years back and some dude was there wearing an ugly Cosby-esque sweater. I proceeded to bust out a nice half-drunken impersonation. I think the only two words I said were "puddin" and "pop".
Followed by a bunch of in-decipherable gibberish words. LOL good times.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Puddin' pop.

Should have known when I saw 4 replies to this thread that someone had already beaten me to it.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Sad to see if true.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Thought Huxtable was thedoctor not therapist
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Sad to see if true.

I don't know. I can see both sides of this.

First off, it's a nine year old allegation that never went anywhere, no proof, no mention of a police report in the article. Cosby has for decades been known as a mentor, spoken of well by the great majority of people he's helped and worked with. When a woman makes an allegation against a famous rich man in today's environment, it's almost always taken at face value without at least considering the character of the man involved, which in Cosby's case is pretty solid. It does make you go "hmm" that he's been accused of stuff like this before, but the article said a previous accuser was actually convicted of extortion.

This almost sounds like the Kobe situation. How far did the media and outside observers initially go with that story before he had his day in court and before her story was destroyed by Dr. Baden's findings? I remember Shelley Smith actually giving the most hyper-dramatic outcomes of Kobe getting convicted. It was disgusting, that cow said that he could be barred from access to children and PETS, the allusion that he had the capacity to abuse an effin animal and his kids. All that even before he had his first appearance in court. Again, I'm not saying Cosby didn't do these things for certain, because I don't know, but I tend to be patient when it's a rich man involved because of the specter of someone looking for a payday or a pay-OFF (a la Kate F).

On the other side, there's a chance all or at least SOME of their stories are true (it might be true that he had a teen girl at his house and gave her a Halcion or something), it's just impossible to know without proof. The guy from 7th Heaven, there was actually a recording by his wife where he admitted to some abuse of kids. That's the kinda thing that gives me reason to consider the women's side as well. From all indications, the 7th Heaven guy's public persona was clean too. It would just be much more convincing if there was an initial police report. That even happened in Polanski's case, the girl's mother made sure to get that accomplished and there was evidence to at least force him to admit to "consensual" sex. Even though there wasn't a sex crime in Clinton and Monica's case, Billy got caught up because he left a love stain. That's a linchpin in these kinda things. Probably why Cosby is acting confident.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Sad to see if true.

First off, it's a nine year old allegation that never went anywhere, no proof, no mention of a police report in the article. Cosby has for decades been known as a mentor, spoken of well by the great majority of people he's helped and worked with. When a woman makes an allegation against a famous rich man in today's environment, it's almost always taken at face value without at least considering the character of the man involved, which in Cosby's case is pretty solid. It does make you go "hmm" that he's been accused of stuff like this before, but the article said a previous accuser was actually convicted of extortion.

This almost sounds like the Kobe situation. How far did the media and outside observers initially go with that story before he had his day in court and before her story was destroyed by Dr. Baden's findings? I remember Shelley Smith actually giving the most hyper-dramatic outcomes of Kobe getting convicted. It was disgusting, that cow said that he could be barred from access to children and PETS, the allusion that he had the capacity to abuse an effin animal and his kids. All that even before he had his first appearance in court. Again, I'm not saying Cosby didn't do these things for certain, because I don't know, but I tend to be patient when it's a rich man involved because of the specter of someone looking for a payday or a pay-OFF (a la Kate F).

On the other side, there's a chance all or at least SOME of their stories are true (it might be true that he had a teen girl at his house and gave her a Halcion or something), it's just impossible to know without proof. The guy from 7th Heaven, there was actually a recording by his wife where he admitted to some abuse of kids. That's the kinda thing that gives me reason to consider the women's side as well. From all indications, the 7th Heaven guy's public persona was clean too. It would just be much more convincing if there was an initial police report. That even happened in Polanski's case, the girl's mother made sure to get that accomplished and there was evidence to at least force him to admit to "consensual" sex. Even though there wasn't a sex crime in Clinton and Monica's case, Billy got caught up because he left a love stain. That's a linchpin in these kinda things. Probably why Cosby is acting confident.

If it was one accuser, maybe.

There are way too many women accusing him for this not to have some validity in my opinion.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Sad to see if true.

If it was one accuser, maybe.

There are way too many women accusing him for this not to have some validity in my opinion.

And it's not like this is some startling new revelation either. The accusations have been going on for years.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Bill's 77 years old. I don't think sex is high on his list of priorities.

Why are these allegations resurfacing? I believe it's for money.

I hope Bill's satisfied his family's need to be assured the past is the past.

I don't blame him for not adding fuel to the fire by answering questions about something that happened nine years ago.

He's one of the few comedians who can make me laugh without using profanity and a Black comedian who doesn't use the N word.

I hope he allows this latest interlude to die and rebooks on David Letterman's and Queen Latifa's shows.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Sad to see if true.

Good post. I have no idea what or how things transpired and we all know that appearances are deceiving.

Cosby has pissed me off in the past with some of his comments. But at his best, he was Cliff Huxtable and I am making sure my daughters are steeped in that show. It was transformational and revolutionary and a gift. That's my overarching memory of Bill Cosby.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I don't blame him for not adding fuel to the fire by answering questions about something that happened nine years ago.

He's one of the few comedians who can make me laugh without using profanity and a Black comedian who doesn't use the N word.

I hope he allows this latest interlude to die and rebooks on David Letterman's and Queen Latifa's shows.

A lot of women just chose to come after poor ol' Bill for his money eh?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
jodeke wrote:

A lot of women just chose to come after poor ol' Bill for his money eh?

I don't know. Do you?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

It seems like it might have started to resurface because of Hannibal Buress, a stand up comedian who started bring it up in his new routine.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It seems like it might have started to resurface because of Hannibal Buress, a stand up comedian who started bring it up in his new routine.

Cosby went on twitter as well, asking his fans for memes....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Bill Cosby’s brief response to sexual assault allegations

LINK

Maybe Buress used some comedy that will somehow come back to haunt him.
He does standup. I bet he gets some serious heckling.

I'm not familiar with him. The stand up he did accusing Cosby wasn't funny to me.

Does anyone know anything about him. Is he funny?

I thought heard on the news Cosby did a show tonight. I thought I heard it was in Philly.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Cosby went on twitter as well, asking his fans for memes....

Yeah, he hit SUBMIT a little too hastily on that one.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

I'm not familiar with him. The stand up he did accusing Cosby wasn't funny to me.

Does anyone know anything about him. Is he funny?I thought heard on the news Cosby did a show tonight. I thought I heard it was in Philly.

Actually, I caught his act at the local comedy club here in town a couple of years back. He's pretty damn funny.
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Does anyone know anything about him. Is he funny?I thought heard on the news Cosby did a show tonight. I thought I heard it was in Philly.

Actually, I caught his act at the local comedy club here in town a couple of years back. He's pretty damn funny.

Yeah, I've seen him the last 2 years at the Oddball Comedy Festival (a national tour). He's one of several top comedians who opened up for Dave Chappelle, Louis C.K., Sara Silverman, etc. during the tour. His performances stood out to me even among those stars. Used to write for SNL. IMO, he's an up-an-coming star...not sure how this controversy will affect him though.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

Does anyone know anything about him. Is he funny?

I thought heard on the news Cosby did a show tonight. I thought I heard it was in Philly.

I think he played the cop in Neighbors.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yup, I think he brought it up in a standup routine, leading to twitter and other social media picking it up, and eventually mainstream media. Seems like this hasn't impacted Cosby's public persona much in the past (heck I was surprised because I couldn't remember this ever being brought up years ago) so he's probably going to take the same approach as then; silence followed my more silence on it.

I do think if there's that much smoke, there may be a fire, but I can see both sides of this as well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject:

CBS New at 11:00am reporting dozens of women in the past made the same allegations. Maybe Bill was a PLAYA back in the day.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12
Jump to: