Still Hating Odom?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
wo mihm we have been posting LO and he's done well with one arm...
Finally! I've been dying to see him in the post...now if he could ever get any calls...
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Still Hating Odom?

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
17 points, 9 rebounds, 8 Assists. Near triple double

its been since 2005 since someone could actually praise LO while having a clear and honest conscience about it. I'll take the bait. He had a nice game, but if you separate the 2 halves you will see it was LO at his inconsistent finest. I was one that actually thought and hoped he was going to get a triple double. 9-7-7 in the 1st half, he was a big reason for the lead.

However, when the lead started to crumble he was invisible except for the occasional bucket. How do you not get a triple dub when you have the start he had? Thats whats puzzling. Swap the #'s per half and then we can talk about LO having a great game. Getting worse when the games get hot is what he does
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject:

Well,from bounty that is equal to jumping up and down! The rebounds, I have no idea but, man did he set up some guys with some great looks. If the potential by the shooter isn't met when LO gives him the spotlight what can he do about that?

Are you complaining about narrowly missing the 3D bounty?

Don't do it...
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
:lol:Well,from bounty that is equal to jumping up and down! The rebounds, I have no idea but, man did he set up some guys with some great looks. If the potential by the shooter isn't met when LO gives him the spotlight what can he do about that?

Are you complaining about narrowly missing the 3D bounty?

Don't do it...

I was actually calling for it, but you cant argue his #'s and involvement dramatically dropped off. Sure guys dont hit, but thats the team. Like I said, if you swapped his #'s from 1st and 2nd half he would have had a great game. He had a nice one. Im with it, he pumped me up, he and kobe were rolling defensively early, BUT lo relaxed and became a spectator. LO "narrowly missing the 3D" is what he does. Its kinda of a microcosm(however spelled) of his career. He has it in range, just cant manage to to take it, just watches it pass him by.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject:

IMO Sasha did alot of what Odom did in the first. Utah doubled Odom in the 2nd, Kobe was bricking, and Kwame was useless besides the occassional O board.

He had 8/2/1 in the 2nd half. So what. Its a decent half. Not his best, but he played within the game and did not make stupid mistakes. Sasha put up 8/6/5 I believe.

I think it is clear some people go out of there way to nitpick Odom's game apart and do not do the same to other Lakers. I mean Kobe does the dumbest stuff and takes the stupidest shots. But you know what, its Kobe, and thats what makes him great. Odom plays within the Offense, does dirty work, plays solid D, scores, passes, and is a great rebounder. Sure he is not the most clutch and he makes bonehead plays. But you accept it as his shortcomings and hopefully he can get better.

How could anyone piss and moan about Odom's contract with Kwame on the team. Odom makes what he should for what he produces. I wish he could play like he deserves a 2nd max contract, but that just isn't reality.

By the way, I think Sasha could put up 9/7/6 in Smush's minutes. I like the offensive flow with Sasha in the game. What do you guys think?
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

No. LO did have a nice game (he was freaken due). BUT we need him to play well when games get hot. 2nd halves. When the lead shrank so did he. he had bone headed plays in there, it wasnt all "Playing within the offense".
G1 Hydrogenic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

He had a great game...and more importantly he had an impact on the game itself. There have been plenty of games where he's racked the stats us but didn't have an impact on the game.

That said, I hope this breaks him out of his post-Sacramento funk and he'll be more consistent. There was definitely a concerted effort on his part to be more aggressive with the ball on offense and definitely more presence on defense.
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

It seems the team is going to cyclical with performances. Saturday was Kwame, Monday was Odom. Who's next? Sasha?
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject:

I agree with everybody.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject:

He needs to stop trying to finger roll it home and starting dunking that thing.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:
I agree with everybody.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
What I'm talking about Wolfy is fans who have a genuine interest in this club, who suffer with every guy on the squad, fans who pull for our guys, and hold out hope before every game that the kids are going to start coming together...

Just to set an example the other day I admitted to Odom struggling and making a bad decision towards the end of the game. Even though there were other players in that mess to bring that final loss completely into focus. I'm trying to understand why we have this developement of camps over Odom who look forward to having "chest beating rights" over his shortcomings. Hell, we lost the damned game! Why would anybody be so enthusiastic to jump on folks who support a guy on our team when he struggles?

I guess the sentiment was developed on forums all over the world...
Sad...

It was against Butler last season, Shoes. The one's that wanted him to be traded so Lamar could play 3 and we get a PF (That worked out soo well didn't it?)

It's pretty much the same crowd. The want a player traded and they will make it their life mission on the boards to get that point across.

To tell you the truth - Who the (bleep) cares? They are sorry excuse for fans and a great fan like you shouldn't waste time on them,

There are some though - that have genuine concern for and against Lamar. Those guys I have no problem with. Many can actually be both appreciative and critical of Odom. They don't have a hate agenda going on or some sort of smear campaign.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Still Hating Odom?

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
17 points, 9 rebounds, 8 Assists. Near triple double

If he comes close to this every game and averages this for the rest of the year, I won't "hate" him.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Muad'Dib wrote:
He needs to stop trying to finger roll it home and starting dunking that thing.

Amen to that. Any guy over 6'5 should never do a finger roll. That really is one of my pet peeves as well. That is why I love Amare! When you get close to the hoop bring it down so hard that it scares people. If you break a mans arm for getting in the way just once you'll send out a clear message to the league. "Stay the hell out of my way!" There is nothing more tender than a big man doing layups and finger rolls anywhere near the hoop. Horace Grant used to make me crazy doing that...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject:

^
While guys like Kwame and Odom should dunk it more often - Being a dunker can cause many injuries

Amare is out for the season or almost that much
Carter is injury prone

You have to be smart with your body.

Odom dunked it two-three times yesterday. The problem with LO is that he likes to take shots off the board. Be it layups or shots in the post - He seems to like taking shots that rely on the board to go in. Sometimes you just need to dunk the ball. Odom atleast has decent hands. His dribbling is good in the post and he does have problem with excessive contact.

Instead of going hard he looks for a call (and then loses it when he doesn't get it)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Thats true Wolfy but, man I just sometimes see where the slam would have been more effective as you watch the defense rape a man underneath and, it just appeared to have been preventable... You're right though. Slammin can get you hurt. All the best of them are out for a lot of stretches it seems...

Sometimes I think that is why Kobe has fallen so deeply in love with the J. He hasn't missed much time this season so I guess you can't knock it. Refs won't always protect him coming in hard either so, I can see his point...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Thats true Wolfy but, man I just sometimes see where the slam would have been more effective as you watch the defense rape a man underneath and, it just appeared to have been preventable... You're right though. Slammin can get you hurt. All the best of them are out for a lot of stretches it seems...

More important than the slam, Odom should stop worrying about calls.

He needs to just take the contact and expect it not to be called so he just mantains focus on the basket.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject:

tru dat... He has seemingly addressed that issue to some degree however. Jax called it on him early in the season when he would just "mad" himself all the way out of a contest. He still doesn't know when to hush though and, I'm surprised he doesn't get "T'd" up more often...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:

^
He doesn't cuss at refs that much. Kobe starts cussing and same with anyplayer that picks up T's.

Most refs will tolerate complaints but T you up if you cuss them out.

LO still has the problem of taking contract though. He expects the call to be made everytime instead of actually looking to keeping the shot/play going.

An adjustment on that trait alone - should increase Odom's production on points by 4-6 per game.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin, have you see the numerous other threads already discussing Lamar Odom and his pros/cons?

Might want to cnsider posting in those, or reading through those, rather than starting another "Odom had a great game" type of thread.
I don't mind seeing another, it's just that there's a lot of fans with differing opinions. I think they've been consolidated nicely into a few threads.

I don't have as much time to read all the Threads and posts like some of you. I'm just trying to justify my former thread that Odom isn't the problem with this team.

You sure do have a lot of time reading through and commenting on this one.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
But in terms of post up ability? The guy is much better than Kwame in the low post. And if we are going to Kwame 5-7 times - We are just pushing him to fail and get down on himself. Give those oppurtunities to Drew and Lamar.

Except Bynum can't do that against good defense. Mihm and Odom are far better options than Bynum in the low post.

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Sure even Drew and Lamar are not "dominant" post players. But I like my chances with them in the post far more than I do Kwame.

Kwame isn't being asked to post up.

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Also, just because Bynum doesn't know some important fundamentals does not mean he isn't good.

He really isn't that good. He doesn't know how to box out, defend on or off the ball, and many other little things. He's nowhere near ready. Therefore, there is ZERO reason to give him the ball in the low post as often as he's in. Let those opportunties come with the right matchup, not forcefed.

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Oh, and for ever 1-5 or 1-4 game Bynum's had recently, he's also had 2-2, 7-7 and 3-3 games too.

Not really. He's shooting 43% on the year. Uh, yeah.

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The kid had no above the rim game coming out of high school.

You never watched him in HS.

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Saw that pass from Vujacic? A bad player does not convert that into a basket. It was a terrible pass that Bynum scooped up because he has good hands and then was able to finish. No Jazz player was even able to come close to stopping him on that play. A smal play - sure - but it shows how his length, size and good hands are helping him score.

Seems you only value dunkers.

Actually no, I value good players, and Andrew Bynum is not a good player. He has a lot of time to develop. So far, he's not good enough to make anyone's playoff roster. That's just fact. We'll see if he improves.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject:

These LO famboys don't give a rat's tail about winning

LO sucks, live with it !

This is getting annoying, how can you overrate a ROLE PLAYER like that ?
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
These LO famboys don't give a rat's tail about winning

LO sucks, live with it !

This is getting annoying, how can you overrate a ROLE PLAYER like that ?

Moron, you type the same thing every day, 11 times a day. You are annoying as heck. Time for you to get a nice warm cup of STFU. And I would love to not have to say it from here, but rather right to your pimply little face. Effing loser!
Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject:

i don't HATE odom. I never hated odom. I just want him to get a new brain
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject:

Like what Magic Johnson said," I guy that brings 15 points and 10 rebounds a night i will take any day! I mean to have that as your secondary to Kobe? Works out well. " I mean we all know that Magic may be the most bitter about Shaquille is gone but let's face it ain't no point dwelling on it. Gotta move on and work with what we got. I think what he is trying to say that Lamar pretty much bringing 15 and 10 a night is a great complementary to Kobe's 30 plus a night. Which if you do the math is good news. I mean to add even more proof this disastrous road trip which we finnaly got over with Lamar was a huge reason for the loses for his absence. True stuff and you all know it. I've never hated on Lamar . I've always been a Lamar Odom fan even since the Clipper days. Now the next step is to stop bringing hate from all the Odom haters. face it or not he is gonna be a Laker and that is how the cookie crumbles. So if you gonna hate on Lamar your pretty much hating on the Lakers. Why don't jump on the CLipperground.net or something. Like some bandwagon bastards who jump to the cross town rivals. I got the Clipper flag burning in flames in backyard as the Laker flag glows proudly hanging.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: