***** Clippers @ LAKERS ***** SL Game 01 ***** 07/07 - 5:30 PM PT *****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 1122

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
MJST wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Lonzo had a bad shooting but overalll I like the way he ran the offense. Could have licked his chops with Marshall in front of him but his passing instinct came first. Everyone inside was yelling shoot and he did but just could not get his 3 ball going.


would have rather he took it to Kendall the way Kendall took it to him, being effective and keeping the pressure on the defense while also keeping the ball moving.

That was the difference in their approaches tonight.


Yeah that was the most disappointing part. He blew past him twice and could have just layed it in but he kicked it out. I like for him to take advantage of whatever defense gives him.


He will learn. He's nowhere close to what he will be this time next year imo; I'm sure there will be similarities to what BI did tonight (maybe not scoring wise just game impact wise)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Nov 2012
Posts: 3441

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
JonnyZero wrote:
cmon Lonzo...show us why we chose you over Dlo


Never should have been an either or. Why not have both?

I don't think DLO would have settled for second fiddle.


Thats an assumption, but he wold be freed up to score more. His play could have made him not be second fiddle.

If Zo really makes everyone better then DLo could have looked better and we could have at least got more for him.

Pure Panic
_________________
Llluuukkkeee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Nov 2012
Posts: 3441

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:
Wish we packaged 2nd pick and Mozgov for Brook instead. Terrible terrible debut.


Would have been happy just not panicking. Period.


Exactly this. We would have been happy staying put and signing an above average FA to a 1 year deal.

Knee jerk af

_________________
Llluuukkkeee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Don Draper
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 23821
Location: Magic > Kobe > Lonzo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

GreekTrojan wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
GreekTrojan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
I warned about this before the draft. To draft a guy with a good floor game but average athleticism and one on one scoring ability only works when you have a team full of polished scorers. This laker team clearly lacking in that department, and it makes Lonzo's game that much unbearable to watch.


As did I. Lonzo is not a bust after 1 game and has [a lot] room to improve but everything that had be on the Lonzo critic camp showed up hard in this game. Much like DLo, his 3 ball is going to have to show up to justify his draft position. That said, if he can develop like Ingram showed, Ball can be a good player in this league.


Meh, it was a bad shooting night. Wouldn't read so much into it. Lonzo also did many of the things he was touted for, such as controlling the pace and dolling out what would have been 10+ assists had people made their open shots.


No he didn't. He chucked open threes because no one respected his shot. Did almost nothing off the ball. Couldn't blow by his man and passed out because he wasn't confident at finishing his shot. 90% of his passing was just to someone on the perimeter when he got stonewalled at the arc. Dude didn't do anything of note out there IMO. Hope he shows more tomorrow.


I'll be watching your posts in the future to see how your viewpoint develops.
_________________
Lonzo Ball Projected 2017-18 Stats: 16pts/8asts/5rebs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 4883

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:

F DLO, Lonzo is king of la. My mix brotha
_________________
Now Playing: The Zo Show @Staples
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 5787

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

did anyone notice the defensive effort the last 2 minutes of regulation?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mookielala
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Jul 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I didn't watch him in college, but obviously Lonzo can shoot. If he just makes some of those open shots, the game would have looked a lot different.

I'm just happy BI is continuing to turn into a special player. I'm a total BI stan.

And Bryant looks like a steal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Jun 2016
Posts: 517

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
did anyone notice the defensive effort the last 2 minutes of regulation?


Most certainly did
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 12639

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
did anyone notice the defensive effort the last 2 minutes of regulation?


Clippers kept going for that Marshall/Brice pick and roll and getting Lonzo switched on Brice. Brice was really slowed down when they put Ingram on Marshall and had Ingram switch on Brice in the pick and roll.

Really excited for Ingram's defensive potential. If he gets strong enough he might be able to guard 1 through 5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
0514
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 4670
Location: Cypress

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
F DLO, Lonzo is king of la. My mix brotha

Lul no one is the king of LA yet. That's still kobe/magics title ALSO stay hating jim
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 1122

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
I didn't watch him in college, but obviously Lonzo can shoot. If he just makes some of those open shots, the game would have looked a lot different.

I'm just happy BI is continuing to turn into a special player. I'm a total BI stan.

And Bryant looks like a steal.


This. And BI clearly worked a lot with Kobe, he added Kobe-like moves he didn't have last year, plus was able to push his way into defenders where last year he would bounce off or just crumble onto the floor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jun 2015
Posts: 117

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:
Wish we packaged 2nd pick and Mozgov for Brook instead. Terrible terrible debut.


Would have been happy just not panicking. Period.

I was a huge dlo fan but there is a reason they moved him beyond just moz. We will never know.


Magic is the worst talent evaluator I have ever seen. Dlo should still be on the team. You dont give up young promising assets until you have to. They paniced over next years cap way too early, period.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cccplus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Mar 2008
Posts: 1317

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
F DLO, Lonzo is king of la. My mix brotha


ditto, although Ball had a bad shooting game, BI was a beast! i'm glad dlo is gone so that BI can shine. Magic was right in concentrating on Lonzo/BI combo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vicman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jun 2005
Posts: 2249
Location: Hermosa Beach

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:
Wish we packaged 2nd pick and Mozgov for Brook instead. Terrible terrible debut.


Would have been happy just not panicking. Period.

I was a huge dlo fan but there is a reason they moved him beyond just moz. We will never know.


Magic is the worst talent evaluator I have ever seen. Dlo should still be on the team. You dont give up young promising assets until you have to. They paniced over next years cap way too early, period.
what is so good about dlo his 40% fg or 35% 3 I don't see why people are so high on him. Obviously beats liked the deal as our win total is projected at 35 0r 36 now. Honestly I defended dlo for 2 years because I wanted him to be good but 40 35 with under 2 assists to turnover ration is not that great
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
socalsp3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 853

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

RELAX.... there will be more Lonzo to BI lobs to come. Once his shot falls things will fall in place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 853

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

BI was shooting 20% from 3s until ASB. He's turned the corner and is a stud this year. Give Lonzo some time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jun 2015
Posts: 117

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:
Wish we packaged 2nd pick and Mozgov for Brook instead. Terrible terrible debut.


Would have been happy just not panicking. Period.

I was a huge dlo fan but there is a reason they moved him beyond just moz. We will never know.


Magic is the worst talent evaluator I have ever seen. Dlo should still be on the team. You dont give up young promising assets until you have to. They paniced over next years cap way too early, period.
what is so good about dlo his 40% fg or 35% 3 I don't see why people are so high on him. Obviously beats liked the deal as our win total is projected at 35 0r 36 now. Honestly I defended dlo for 2 years because I wanted him to be good but 40 35 with under 2 assists to turnover ration is not that great


You must not have seen his last month of the season. His game has continually improved, and to give up on a 21 yo after 2 years is nothing short of criminal. Our tanking was for what? To dump Mozgov's bad contract? They should have waited, and at worst they could stretch both contracts next year. Chances are at least one of Dlo, BI and Ball are busts, and we really have no idea who that will be yet!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ch3_young
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
GreekTrojan wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
GreekTrojan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
I warned about this before the draft. To draft a guy with a good floor game but average athleticism and one on one scoring ability only works when you have a team full of polished scorers. This laker team clearly lacking in that department, and it makes Lonzo's game that much unbearable to watch.


As did I. Lonzo is not a bust after 1 game and has [a lot] room to improve but everything that had be on the Lonzo critic camp showed up hard in this game. Much like DLo, his 3 ball is going to have to show up to justify his draft position. That said, if he can develop like Ingram showed, Ball can be a good player in this league.


Meh, it was a bad shooting night. Wouldn't read so much into it. Lonzo also did many of the things he was touted for, such as controlling the pace and dolling out what would have been 10+ assists had people made their open shots.


No he didn't. He chucked open threes because no one respected his shot. Did almost nothing off the ball. Couldn't blow by his man and passed out because he wasn't confident at finishing his shot. 90% of his passing was just to someone on the perimeter when he got stonewalled at the arc. Dude didn't do anything of note out there IMO. Hope he shows more tomorrow.


I'll be watching your posts in the future to see how your viewpoint develops.


#2, 5 points, ok, but 5 ASSISTS???

#4, has 8 rebounds, 15 points, 2 assists, games still going

#5, has 18 points, 5 steals 3 assists, 3 rebounds,games still going

In the future all will improve, but, this 5 assists is BAD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25951

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
jodeke wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
JonnyZero wrote:
cmon Lonzo...show us why we chose you over Dlo


Never should have been an either or. Why not have both?

I don't think DLO would have settled for second fiddle.


Thats an assumption, but he wold be freed up to score more. His play could have made him not be second fiddle.

If Zo really makes everyone better then DLo could have looked better and we could have at least got more for him.

Pure Panic


Would have been the slowest backcourt in the league.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 4195
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
jodeke wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
JonnyZero wrote:
cmon Lonzo...show us why we chose you over Dlo


Never should have been an either or. Why not have both?

I don't think DLO would have settled for second fiddle.


Thats an assumption, but he wold be freed up to score more. His play could have made him not be second fiddle.

If Zo really makes everyone better then DLo could have looked better and we could have at least got more for him.

Pure Panic


Would have been the slowest backcourt in the league.


Its not a track meet its a damn basketball game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fortysixn2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jun 2016
Posts: 666

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

ch3_young wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
GreekTrojan wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
GreekTrojan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
I warned about this before the draft. To draft a guy with a good floor game but average athleticism and one on one scoring ability only works when you have a team full of polished scorers. This laker team clearly lacking in that department, and it makes Lonzo's game that much unbearable to watch.


As did I. Lonzo is not a bust after 1 game and has [a lot] room to improve but everything that had be on the Lonzo critic camp showed up hard in this game. Much like DLo, his 3 ball is going to have to show up to justify his draft position. That said, if he can develop like Ingram showed, Ball can be a good player in this league.


Meh, it was a bad shooting night. Wouldn't read so much into it. Lonzo also did many of the things he was touted for, such as controlling the pace and dolling out what would have been 10+ assists had people made their open shots.


No he didn't. He chucked open threes because no one respected his shot. Did almost nothing off the ball. Couldn't blow by his man and passed out because he wasn't confident at finishing his shot. 90% of his passing was just to someone on the perimeter when he got stonewalled at the arc. Dude didn't do anything of note out there IMO. Hope he shows more tomorrow.


I'll be watching your posts in the future to see how your viewpoint develops.


#2, 5 points, ok, but 5 ASSISTS???

#4, has 8 rebounds, 15 points, 2 assists, games still going

#5, has 18 points, 5 steals 3 assists, 3 rebounds,games still going

In the future all will improve, but, this 5 assists is BAD.


Listen man, this is not directed at you specifically...but can everybody just relax please?

Ball played fine overall, he didn't hit his shots...come back in 2 years and if he is hitting 40% from the field and 35% from beyond the arc and playing no defense, then maybe we can talk about him being a bust. His first game as a pro, DLO was there, all the top prospects were there, dad was there, dude was nervous.

His play is highly dependent on the players he plays with. His numbers will look better when he is playing with players who can hit their shots, he isn't a go to scorer....he's a facilitator. I agree that he looked tentative going to the basket and that his shot was off and that his D was poor, but to me he looked very much in control. Go compare that to DLO's first SL game, totally out of control and over his head. Ball is gonna be great, if he's anything like I THINK he is...bad games are going to encourage him to practice his craft more than anything.

Dude is a winner, I'm sure he's devastated over his performance tonight...watch him put that work in, be patient.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ch3_young
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

0514 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
F DLO, Lonzo is king of la. My mix brotha

Lul no one is the king of LA yet. That's still kobe/magics title ALSO stay hating jim


I hope ball can turns around. Otherwise, LA has no king but long long rebuild seasons. 2 years of 2nd round draft down the toilet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ch3_young
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
RELAX.... there will be more Lonzo to BI lobs to come. Once his shot falls things will fall in place.


If Ball is bad on summer, watch out the regular seasons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 9224
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
F DLO, Lonzo is king of la. My mix brotha

He's not on the team anymore. Who cares?
_________________
Laker 2015-2016 Advanced Stats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 5787

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:
Wish we packaged 2nd pick and Mozgov for Brook instead. Terrible terrible debut.


Would have been happy just not panicking. Period.

I was a huge dlo fan but there is a reason they moved him beyond just moz. We will never know.


Magic is the worst talent evaluator I have ever seen. Dlo should still be on the team. You dont give up young promising assets until you have to. They paniced over next years cap way too early, period.


I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with his talent...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 79 of 81
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB