TSA
52%
 52%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 36

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Which is worse: DMV or TSA?

Of the two most hated government bureaucracies, which provides the more miserable experience?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject:

I don't fly and I drive without a license so I can't vote.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject:

Despite its terrible reputation I've not yet been personally inconvenienced by the TSA. The people they hire to ape-handle your laptop bag and throw away your aquanet are genetically destined for failure, but you can usually avoid feeling it.

I've never paid a visit to a DMV office and had a good rest of the day. If you're there, chances are it's for an annoying reason. The TSA recruits the people who wait in the non-appointment line at the DMV.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Despite its terrible reputation I've not yet been personally inconvenienced by the TSA. The people they hire to ape-handle your laptop bag and throw away your aquanet are genetically destined for failure, but you can usually avoid feeling it.

I've never paid a visit to a DMV office and had a good rest of the day. If you're there, chances are it's for an annoying reason. The TSA recruits the people who wait in the non-appointment line at the DMV.

What's your explanation for why customers inside the DMV are always so dirty and disheveled? Like, shouldn't it just be a subset of the general population?...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

I've personally had no problems with the TSA but the DMV has taken years off my life
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

They both are terrible but only the TSA offers free cavity searches.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject:

In my experience the DMV is far worse. You're literally walking into hell.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

The TSA, because it shouldn't exist.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject:

TSA by far. With the DMV, you know you're in for a long wait just like everyone else. No special treatment for anyone. With the TSA, as a POC, you are wondering what ludicrous reason they will have to stop and/or search you this time. Not to mention the preposterous practices they impose: removing belts, shoes, etc. before going through a FULL BODY SCAN MACHINE.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject:

Had to vote TSA. I avoid problems at the DMV by making appointments. Waiting in line without one is excruciating. When I renewed my license I was in and out in less than a hour.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject:

TSA. For the DMV I can make appointments to lower my wait times, and often there are places I can sit and just read my Kindle while waiting for my number. TSA I'm stuck waiting in a long ass security line, sometimes stressing about a rapidly approaching boarding/takeoff time, carrying a couple bags while trying to take off my shoes, belt, sweatshirt, whatever.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject:

DMV for me. I have TSA pre-check so I'm in & out in under 15 min usually
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

As long the DMV office is in the hood or a barrio, I'm good. If it's in the upper-middle class area, I wouldn't got my CDL at all.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Yep, I'm registered with Global Entry, so I don't even have to worry about the TSA gropers. And it makes dealing with customs & immigration on the other end a breeze as well -usually just a single question 'How Long Is Your Stay" and you're on your way.

Here in WA, we've a Quasi-Private DMV. The govt office just handles issuing licenses/ID cards and Private Offices handle registrations, vehicle transfers, Drivers Testing, etc. Both outfits have a good online footprint that allows you to get around most of the things that used to require waiting in long lines. The only time you really have to show up in person is when doing private party vehicle transfers, and that's usually never more than a 15 minute wait. I made an appointment for my out of state Drivers License Transfer and was in & out in about 15 minutes. (Of course going setting an appointment for an optimal time slot like 10:30am helps I'm sure)
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
22 wrote:

Yep, I'm registered with Global Entry, so I don't even have to worry about the TSA gropers. And it makes dealing with customs & immigration on the other end a breeze as well -usually just a single question 'How Long Is Your Stay" and you're on your way.

Here in WA, we've a Quasi-Private DMV. The govt office just handles issuing licenses/ID cards and Private Offices handle registrations, vehicle transfers, Drivers Testing, etc. Both outfits have a good online footprint that allows you to get around most of the things that used to require waiting in long lines. The only time you really have to show up in person is when doing private party vehicle transfers, and that's usually never more than a 15 minute wait. I made an appointment for my out of state Drivers License Transfer and was in & out in about 15 minutes. (Of course going setting an appointment for an optimal time slot like 10:30am helps I'm sure)

Dang that DMW situation sounds really nice up there Aussiesuede!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

DMV, but I haven't been there in years thanks to AAA.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

DMV, because the TSA actually expects to get you through the line at some point.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DMV, because the TSA actually expects to get you through the line at some point.

Make appointments for anything DMV related. Can you imagine standing in line waiting to get inside for hours. You get to the door and security shuts it saying no more allowed?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Make appointments for anything DMV related. Can you imagine standing in line waiting to get inside for hours. You get to the door and security shuts it saying no more allowed?

I was there last week. I made an appointment a week in advance. I was missing one thing. They made me get back in the non-appointment line and wait another two hours.

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
In my experience the DMV is far worse. You're literally walking into hell.

Try the non-appointment line sometime. Make sure you have 7 hours to spare to fill out a form available online.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

You made an appointment? Lol. I didn't think you would believe ocho when he told you that you needed tabs for your rascal scooter.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I got TSA Pre-Check last year. Haven't waited more than 10 minutes to get through security in any airport. What I hate more is that they randomly give some passengers Pre-Check status and they don't have to pay for it and don't know the routine, so they still take their shoes off and wonder what's going on.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject:

DMV is far worse. Surprised the vote is this even. One's a pain in the ass, the other's a pain in the ass that lasts for hours. I remember last having to do the traditional eternal wait bit at the DMV in mid August and it was hot as (bleep) even at 8 and the line was around the first corner of the building before they even opened the doors. I did that in 2010 and it still feels too soon to do it again.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject:

DMV by far for me.

Havent really had any issues with TSA.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject:

TSA by far. They do t speak loud enough to people and they seem to go through the motions and for us to read their mind. They have 0 customer service. Dubya (bleep) us over be creating this organization
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: