***OFFICIAL Piss & Moan Thread (All Negative Venting in Here Only)***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Yes, the past has nothing to do with the future. At least it shouldn’t, but all this talk about Showtime and the next Magic and Worthy has me worried.

So you would give up the experience of living through the championships to have the Clippers future?

I don’t deal in stupid hypotheticals. You do know that living in the past means you have no hope for the present and future? What the organization did 3 decades ago shouldn’t be a factor today but our leadership doesn’t realize that.

The past has everything to do with the future. Lebron is interested in us over the Clips not because of who we are at this moment, but because who we have been and who we will be again. Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys...past is prologue.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
al242 wrote:
Quote:
Mike Trudell
Mike Trudell @LakersReporter
3 minutes ago
Deng’s playing with starters is telling, but doesn’t guarantee that’s where he’ll be on Thursday. Coaches use multiple looks in practice.

I would seriously choke Luke if he is considering starting Deng, I can think of 5 other players on this roster who deserve to start at PF ahead of Deng.

If he for real starts Deng over Kuzma, I honestly am over him. Stevens is out here starting Brown and Tatum with major rotation minutes on a top team in the league meanwhile Kuzma fights for a role among JC and Randle calling their own numbers on a bottom 5 team in the league. Can't begin to explain why Byron is still coaching the Lakers

Could be a couple practical reasons behind this:

1. Lakers trying to juice Deng's trade value early on.
2. Getting Randle comfortable with the bench without feeling slighted that Kuzma is starting. Luke can play the whole "Deng is the veteran/he's earned it" BS, and once Randle embraces being the primary bench scorer, Kuzma can slide into the starting lineup.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Yes, the past has nothing to do with the future. At least it shouldn’t, but all this talk about Showtime and the next Magic and Worthy has me worried.

So you would give up the experience of living through the championships to have the Clippers future?

I don’t deal in stupid hypotheticals. You do know that living in the past means you have no hope for the present and future? What the organization did 3 decades ago shouldn’t be a factor today but our leadership doesn’t realize that.

The past has everything to do with the future. Lebron is interested in us over the Clips not because of who we are at this moment, but because who we have been and who we will be again. Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys...past is prologue.

Lebron is interested in us?
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

I am super sick of all of the Lakers "Fans" on this site using faulty logic and pretending like every move the lakers move it a mistake.

- DLO trade - he is "beasting" in Brooklyn, playing at a near all star level. No he's not, his preseason shooting at least going into the last game was worse than his previous 2 preseasons with us. His assists and rebounds are down as well. Dude is slow, not a great shooter and uninspiring.

- Luke Coach - his rotations suck, he doesn't know how to coach defense, needs to be fired. His record last year was better than the previous, his record this year should be better than lasts. The players are working hard and he is implementing the most successful offense in the history of the league with a team that had a serious lack of talent when he inherited it. No coach could have made last years squad a .500 team, no coach in the history of any sport. This year, no coach in the history of any sport could make this team a championship contender. He's not a defense first coach...so he does probably need some help there but all you armchair experts say "We screwed up by firing Dantoni". Dantoni is and was a joke. His whole philosophy is shoot as many shots as quickly as possible with good shooters....duh. He's not a coach even, he just lets chucker chuck....how is that an upgrade from Walton?

- FO, Magic is inept - You saw the roster they inherited, right? A bunch of lazy offensive first players who just as happy to lose any given night than win. They inherited two albatross contracts and a toxic locker room. Yeah, magic isn't that polished in the media and probably needs to say a bit let but every move they have made has been great. KCP signing, Kuzma and Ball Draft, moving DLO and Mosgov, making sure we didn't throw a bunch of money Swaggy for him to stay, passing on guys like Rondo. Their strategy is clear, get better defensive talent...move on from previous mistakes and make room on the roster for game changers. DLO was not a good team guy and trust me, JC isn't far behind him. They have done an amazing job, would you rather have Jim and Mitch back? Resigning Huertas? Giving Swaggy more years? Giving a 12:01 monster deal to a backup center who isn't very good at anything?

Being on this site makes me embarrassed to be a lakers fan sometimes. I love the team, I support what we are doing right now. Hopefully all of the haters on this site aren't viewed by the fandom outside of LA as representative of our fan base...because they aren't. Every casual laker fan I know, people who wouldn't be on this site, hated how lazy DLO was, hated Dantoni's coaching style and personality and loved this past offseason.

That's my rant...
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It is important to note that there is no real proof out there that Lebron is interested in the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
parsons777 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Lebron is interested in us?

Didn't you make a vow that if Jim/Mitch were replaced last season that you would become a Clips fan or only frequent their sites?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

^ Yes he made the comment and there were many witnesses. I guess he changed his mind.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

Hey, I was unhappy about the DLO trade and all, but at the end of the day, I will always support the Lakers, regardless of who is in control.

I'm rooting like hell for Magic to succeed and for the Lakers to be winners again!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hey, I was unhappy about the DLO trade and all, but at the end of the day, I will always support the Lakers, regardless of who is in control.

I'm rooting like hell for Magic to succeed and for the Lakers to be winners again!

As am I and many others here. The difference is that some of us can see through the PR. I hope Lebron, Westbrook, CP3 and PG come here. I don't believe that they will, though. We have nothing to offer now. The last FO thought that "we are LA" would sell and found out that it didn't. This FO hasn't learned from that. Once we get a real building block to attract other stars, then we can move onto contention.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

As am I and many others here. The difference is that some of us can see through the PR. I hope Lebron, Westbrook, CP3 and PG come here. I don't believe that they will, though. We have nothing to offer now. The last FO thought that "we are LA" would sell and found out that it didn't. This FO hasn't learned from that. Once we get a real building block to attract other stars, then we can move onto contention.

We've accumulated 4 top 7 lottery picks (Jules, DLO, Ingram, Lonzo).

We're about to (likely) miss our 5th playoffs in a row. I'm ok with the FO trying to get the best players. I'm NOT ok with spending that cap space on long-term deals for mediocre 2-3-4th tier players.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

Quote:
- DLO trade - he is "beasting" in Brooklyn, playing at a near all star level. No he's not, his preseason shooting at least going into the last game was worse than his previous 2 preseasons with us. His assists and rebounds are down as well. Dude is slow, not a great shooter and uninspiring.

"Objection, your honor! That's a damn strawman argument!"

Quote:
- Luke Coach - his rotations suck, he doesn't know how to coach defense, needs to be fired. His record last year was better than the previous, his record this year should be better than lasts. The players are working hard and he is implementing the most successful offense in the history of the league with a team that had a serious lack of talent when he inherited it. No coach could have made last years squad a .500 team, no coach in the history of any sport. This year, no coach in the history of any sport could make this team a championship contender. He's not a defense first coach...so he does probably need some help there but all you armchair experts say "We screwed up by firing Dantoni". Dantoni is and was a joke. His whole philosophy is shoot as many shots as quickly as possible with good shooters....duh. He's not a coach even, he just lets chucker chuck....how is that an upgrade from Walton?

It's not like D'Antoni's pace and space philosophy hasn't been incredibly influential in the NBA or anything. But Luke's bound to be better because...he was a successful interim coach on one of the greatest teams of all time?

Also, getting guys to "chuck shots" is pretty key given how 3PAs and FTAs correlate to offensive efficiency while old school coaches who loved long twos like Byron are phased out of the game. What would Luke be doing differently in Houston that would help lead the Rockets to more success than the system that D'Antoni installed last season?

Quote:
- FO, Magic is inept - You saw the roster they inherited, right? A bunch of lazy offensive first players who just as happy to lose any given night than win. They inherited two albatross contracts and a toxic locker room. Yeah, magic isn't that polished in the media and probably needs to say a bit let but every move they have made has been great. KCP signing, Kuzma and Ball Draft, moving DLO and Mosgov, making sure we didn't throw a bunch of money Swaggy for him to stay, passing on guys like Rondo. Their strategy is clear, get better defensive talent...move on from previous mistakes and make room on the roster for game changers. DLO was not a good team guy and trust me, JC isn't far behind him. They have done an amazing job, would you rather have Jim and Mitch back? Resigning Huertas? Giving Swaggy more years? Giving a 12:01 monster deal to a backup center who isn't very good at anything?

"They're better than the last guys, so they're obviously doing great!" It's nice to know with the resources at Jeannie's disposal that the only choices were between an out-of-touch prior regime and a completely inexperienced front office led by a big name hype-man and a former agent.

Quote:
Being on this site makes me embarrassed to be a lakers fan sometimes. I love the team, I support what we are doing right now. Hopefully all of the haters on this site aren't viewed by the fandom outside of LA as representative of our fan base...because they aren't. Every casual laker fan I know, people who wouldn't be on this site, hated how lazy DLO was, hated Dantoni's coaching style and personality and loved this past offseason.

Agreed.

That's my rant...

Good rant.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I have a really bad feeling about upcoming free agency. Magic better not strike out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject:

It won’t be Magic striking out, it will be the Lakers. We won’t have done enough to make ourselves attractive.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Dlo scoring like crazy but still bad defense. So who knows..
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

30/3/5 on 55/50/100

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

And cap space is 0-0-0
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

So glad that bum is gone
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:

DLO trade = Harden Trade.

Going down as one of the worst in NBA in last decade.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
RichD wrote:

DLO trade = Harden Trade.

Going down as one of the worst in NBA in last decade.

Just checking. But were you 2 guys the ones who didn't want Lonzo drafted?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I wanted to draft Tatum but it wasn’t because I didn’t want Lonzo, it was because I wanted Tatum.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I wanted to draft Tatum but it wasn’t because I didn’t want Lonzo, it was because I wanted Tatum.

He should be a good iso player down the line.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Harden, Westbrook, and Melo still haven't won any titles.

If OKC doesn't win this year... I doubt any of them ever will.

What good are spectacular stats if you don't win titles.
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Dlo looked nasty tonight. 30 points in 30 minutes while shooting over 50%
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"Objection, your honor! That's a damn strawman argument!"

Also turned out to be factually incorrect.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 8 of 21
Jump to: