Demaryius Thomas of the Broncos thinks the Nuggets will make the playoffs

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Demaryius Thomas of the Broncos thinks the Nuggets will make the playoffs

I find his comments about this as believable as his comments about how good the QB situation is currently in Denver.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/After-helping-to-bring-Paul-Millsap-to-Denver-Demaryius-Thomas-predicts-Nuggets-playoff-berth/47041598-89ff-47b3-80bb-b58a564b2f36

Quote:
After helping to bring Paul Millsap to Denver, Demaryius Thomas predicts Nuggets playoff berth

The Broncos wide receiver wasn't shy about his expectations for the Nuggets.

DENVER — Count Demaryius Thomas as yet another member of the Denver Broncos who helped recruit former Atlanta Hawks power forward Paul Millsap to Denver.

The Broncos receiver said Friday he spoke with Millsap, who played in a city with which Thomas is quite familar. Thomas grew up near Atlanta and played college football at Georgia Tech.

So yes, Thomas knows a little bit about the transition from the Peach State to the Mile High City.

“I got a phone call from [Nuggets director of pro personnel Jared Jeffries], who told me to show up to get Paul Millsap, and I took the call and it happened,” said Thomas on Friday at his youth football camp. “That day, Paul Millsap was here, and that was it.”

Linebacker Brandon Marshalland wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie also assisted with the pitch.

Millsap, who signed with the Nuggets on Monday, couldn’t ignore the Broncos’ full-court press. And as Thomas — one of Denver’s best offensive weapons in any sport — put it, the decision wasn’t so tough.

“Everybody knows Denver’s one of the best cities to play sports in,” Thomas said. “Especially [for] a football player. And as football players, we like to watch basketball. So to get a person like Paul Millsap — the caliber of player he is — it’s amazing.”

With Millsap, Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray all on the Nuggets’ roster, the team seems to have enough firepower to get back to the postseason. That opening-round playoff series wouldn’t happen until next April, but Thomas is already marking his calendar.

“I’m calling it: We will make the playoffs.”
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Makes sense for the Donkeys. Need the Nuggets to do well to distract attention away from the (bleep) that is the Denver QB situation.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Makes sense for the Donkeys. Need the Nuggets to do well to distract attention away from the (bleep) that is the Denver QB situation.

I didn't think of that

Even 2015 Manning doesn't seem so bad to their fans now.

Its amazing how irrelevant the Broncos quickly became.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: