Home Theater Thread (Speakers, Display, Configuration, Atmos, Amps, etc.)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Home Theater Thread (Speakers, Display, Configuration, Atmos, Amps, etc.)

I would like to know what kind of setup my brothers and sisters on LG have in their home theater, and how happy they are with it. What is the primary use for your system? Movie watching? Music? Gaming? Channel surfing? Sports?

Four years ago I began researching a beginners setup for a HT after I bought a new TV. My search started off by looking into a home theater in a box, then it evolved into a full blown passion. Needless to say, it can be a very expensive hobby. I enjoy researching products and how it would tie in to what I already have. While keeping future upgrades in mind.

Currently I'm looking into Dolby Atmos. Truth be told, that was the planned endgame when I first caught the bug. Now I feel like I'm finally ready to make the final stroke. I'm wondering if anyone here has an Atmos setup, what gear are you using, and how do you like it?

Right now I have a 7:1 system. (7 speakers, 1 subwoofer)

Receiver - Marantz SR7011
Towers - Polk Monitor 70
Center Channel - Polk CSiA4 (getting CSiA6 soon)
Surround Sides - Polk RTiA3
Surround Rears - Polk FXiA6
Subwoofer - SVS PC13 Ultra

Looking to go with 7:1:4 (in-ceiling) after Atmos.

Again, share your entertainment specs, wants and desires lol.

Lastly, these new OLED TV's are I need to get my hands on one of those.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: