OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
supermegamen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Nov 2003
Posts: 877

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
levon wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Did not know the dude can dunk


From earlier in the thread: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oDtS1wg077E

holy (bleep)


Carusmatic!


They called him AC Fresh in college! Can he just sign with BBB and get his own sub brand already?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 79222
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Uhm, Dude, we're going to need another performance from you.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 594

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

supermegamen wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
levon wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Did not know the dude can dunk


From earlier in the thread: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oDtS1wg077E

holy (bleep)


Carusmatic!


They called him AC Fresh in college! Can he just sign with BBB and get his own sub brand already?!


get your Fresh pair of Caruscos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 16191
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

My favorite quote from last nights telecast.
Luke walks into practice before summer league. Sees Caruso and asks, "Who is the 50 year old guy trying to make the team?"
I love Luke.
The Vatican Taxman can't be denied!
_________________
"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt" - Bertrand Russell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 35467
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Uhm, Dude, we're going to need another performance from you.



The quarterly reports would have to wait. Alex Caruso carefully placed the cap back onto the Bic ballpoint pen and tucked it into its spot in his well-worn cannella brown leather briefcase. He slid the clipboard into one of the pockets and snapped both briefcase locks closed with his thumbs.

Reaching over to the phone on his desk, Caruso pressed the DND button. He held down the Windows key on the keyboard, pressed L, then clicked off the monitor.

One final, slow sip of the lukewarm chai tea latte and he rose to his feet.

He grabbed the sides of his ripaway khaki slacks and with a quick yank pulled them off and threw them to the floor. A white dress shirt landed on top of them a second later. He had never changed out of his jersey the night before. Just no time.

And time is all he thought about now.

Game time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15700
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

maybe he is one of those guys that just plays better without having to look over his shoulder....and will ball out again knowing Lonzo is in street clothes
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 5525

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Uhm, Dude, we're going to need another performance from you.



The quarterly reports would have to wait. Alex Caruso carefully placed the cap back onto the Bic ballpoint pen and tucked it into its spot in his well-worn cannella brown leather briefcase. He slid the clipboard into one of the pockets and snapped both briefcase locks closed with his thumbs.

Reaching over to the phone on his desk, Caruso pressed the DND button. He held down the Windows key on the keyboard, pressed L, then clicked off the monitor.

One final, slow sip of the lukewarm chai tea latte and he rose to his feet.

He grabbed the sides of his ripaway khaki slacks and with a quick yank pulled them off and threw them to the floor. A white dress shirt landed on top of them a second later. He had never changed out of his jersey the night before. Just no time.

And time is all he thought about now.

Game time.




/thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1481

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Uhm, Dude, we're going to need another performance from you.



The quarterly reports would have to wait. Alex Caruso carefully placed the cap back onto the Bic ballpoint pen and tucked it into its spot in his well-worn cannella brown leather briefcase. He slid the clipboard into one of the pockets and snapped both briefcase locks closed with his thumbs.

Reaching over to the phone on his desk, Caruso pressed the DND button. He held down the Windows key on the keyboard, pressed L, then clicked off the monitor.

One final, slow sip of the lukewarm chai tea latte and he rose to his feet.

He grabbed the sides of his ripaway khaki slacks and with a quick yank pulled them off and threw them to the floor. A white dress shirt landed on top of them a second later. He had never changed out of his jersey the night before. Just no time.

And time is all he thought about now.

Game time.


!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1481

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
maybe he is one of those guys that just plays better without having to look over his shoulder....and will ball out again knowing Lonzo is in street clothes


More likely - and this is for people who will be quick to piss all over him if he doesn't carry the team to victory with another great performance - he's just a good role player who is going to have a breakout game every now and then, but in between those games avoids laying major eggs.

Maybe he does have another breakout game in him tonight. But if he doesn't, and they don't win, I think he can still be seen as a good acquisition. I look at the non-breakout games and see that he hasn't had a game where he really played bad. He's usually good for a couple of solid plays each game, even if nothing was worthy of the highlight reel. To me, that's a pretty decent role player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2887

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
adkindo wrote:
maybe he is one of those guys that just plays better without having to look over his shoulder....and will ball out again knowing Lonzo is in street clothes


More likely - and this is for people who will be quick to piss all over him if he doesn't carry the team to victory with another great performance - he's just a good role player who is going to have a breakout game every now and then, but in between those games avoids laying major eggs.

Maybe he does have another breakout game in him tonight. But if he doesn't, and they don't win, I think he can still be seen as a good acquisition. I look at the non-breakout games and see that he hasn't had a game where he really played bad. He's usually good for a couple of solid plays each game, even if nothing was worthy of the highlight reel. To me, that's a pretty decent role player.


He's a solid addition but the real point is that he, like all the others are missing the Ball effect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15700
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
adkindo wrote:
maybe he is one of those guys that just plays better without having to look over his shoulder....and will ball out again knowing Lonzo is in street clothes


More likely - and this is for people who will be quick to piss all over him if he doesn't carry the team to victory with another great performance - he's just a good role player who is going to have a breakout game every now and then, but in between those games avoids laying major eggs.

Maybe he does have another breakout game in him tonight. But if he doesn't, and they don't win, I think he can still be seen as a good acquisition. I look at the non-breakout games and see that he hasn't had a game where he really played bad. He's usually good for a couple of solid plays each game, even if nothing was worthy of the highlight reel. To me, that's a pretty decent role player.


He's a solid addition but the real point is that he, like all the others are missing the Ball effect.


huh?
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2887

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
adkindo wrote:
maybe he is one of those guys that just plays better without having to look over his shoulder....and will ball out again knowing Lonzo is in street clothes


More likely - and this is for people who will be quick to piss all over him if he doesn't carry the team to victory with another great performance - he's just a good role player who is going to have a breakout game every now and then, but in between those games avoids laying major eggs.

Maybe he does have another breakout game in him tonight. But if he doesn't, and they don't win, I think he can still be seen as a good acquisition. I look at the non-breakout games and see that he hasn't had a game where he really played bad. He's usually good for a couple of solid plays each game, even if nothing was worthy of the highlight reel. To me, that's a pretty decent role player.


He's a solid addition but the real point is that he, like all the others are missing the Ball effect.


huh?


Just saying we'll miss Ball tonight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 11722

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

It's Caruso time tonight: http://i.imgur.com/quXuVs0.jpg
_________________
"Stats are killing basketball. This is a very subjective game, a lot of things happen that you can't measure with stats. Very different details matter. The way I see basketball, the most important things don't show up in statistics." - Marc Gasol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15700
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
It's Caruso time tonight: http://i.imgur.com/quXuVs0.jpg



_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 28786
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Uhm, Dude, we're going to need another performance from you.



The quarterly reports would have to wait. Alex Caruso carefully placed the cap back onto the Bic ballpoint pen and tucked it into its spot in his well-worn cannella brown leather briefcase. He slid the clipboard into one of the pockets and snapped both briefcase locks closed with his thumbs.

Reaching over to the phone on his desk, Caruso pressed the DND button. He held down the Windows key on the keyboard, pressed L, then clicked off the monitor.

One final, slow sip of the lukewarm chai tea latte and he rose to his feet.

He grabbed the sides of his ripaway khaki slacks and with a quick yank pulled them off and threw them to the floor. A white dress shirt landed on top of them a second later. He had never changed out of his jersey the night before. Just no time.

And time is all he thought about now.

Game time.

_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 13708

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

we gave a contract to a PG who cant bring the ball up court
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
gr818
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Gave the contract to the wrong person. Blue and Thomas are more deserving. Caruso is trass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bballchinaski
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 115

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

he is scrappy and makes winning plays, just need to polish some of his game, almost had a triple double in the final. im ok with him having a two way deal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15700
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

anyone else concerned that we turned to Blue to run the PG in the 2nd half? Blue has some skills, but operating at the #1 is not really one of them, but it seemed like they didn't trust the ball in Caruso's hands.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1481

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
anyone else concerned that we turned to Blue to run the PG in the 2nd half? Blue has some skills, but operating at the #1 is not really one of them, but it seemed like they didn't trust the ball in Caruso's hands.


Probably just giving him a chance to rest on the court. He wasn't ineffective, 9 ast to 5 to., almost 2 to 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 15214
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Uhm, Dude, we're going to need another performance from you.



The quarterly reports would have to wait. Alex Caruso carefully placed the cap back onto the Bic ballpoint pen and tucked it into its spot in his well-worn cannella brown leather briefcase. He slid the clipboard into one of the pockets and snapped both briefcase locks closed with his thumbs.

Reaching over to the phone on his desk, Caruso pressed the DND button. He held down the Windows key on the keyboard, pressed L, then clicked off the monitor.

One final, slow sip of the lukewarm chai tea latte and he rose to his feet.

He grabbed the sides of his ripaway khaki slacks and with a quick yank pulled them off and threw them to the floor. A white dress shirt landed on top of them a second later. He had never changed out of his jersey the night before. Just no time.

And time is all he thought about now.

Game time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1481

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Somebody around here mentioned Kirk Hinrich, and I think that is a good comparison for Caruso to aspire to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
gr818
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject:

bballchinaski wrote:
he is scrappy and makes winning plays, just need to polish some of his game, almost had a triple double in the final. im ok with him having a two way deal


The first play of the game last night is all you need to know.

How do you lose your man right after the tip-off leading to half-court offense? By doing extra (bleep), yelling to prove how vocal a leader you are and then proceeding to double on a player across the court, back to the basket. This lead to a wide open 3.

The most unbelievable part is that he thought made the right play. It wasn't that he was being hyper aggressive and thought he could get back to his man. It was a remarkable play, not a winning play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15700
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
adkindo wrote:
anyone else concerned that we turned to Blue to run the PG in the 2nd half? Blue has some skills, but operating at the #1 is not really one of them, but it seemed like they didn't trust the ball in Caruso's hands.


Probably just giving him a chance to rest on the court. He wasn't ineffective, 9 ast to 5 to., almost 2 to 1.


but he seems to struggle handling the ball when pressure is applied
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1481

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

gr818 wrote:
bballchinaski wrote:
he is scrappy and makes winning plays, just need to polish some of his game, almost had a triple double in the final. im ok with him having a two way deal


The first play of the game last night is all you need to know.


Actually, there's a lot of other, favorable plays that are pretty relevant, too. And no, I don't feel like just dismissing them for this one, because there are more of those than of the one you described.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 12 of 19
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB