OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
I wonder how much of his success has come from other teams underestimating him. He'll probably get scouted more going forward and that could limit his impact. I hope not.

If Rondo could dramatically improve his 3-point shot, I have no doubt AC can too.

Almost 0%.
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

oh my god y'all

https://represent.com/carushow-goat?variant=79957767&kw=store

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject:

1 0 0 p a g e c a r u s h o w
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject:

I love Caruso but bron has a way of elevating guys,
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

lakerlove123 wrote:
oh my god y'all

https://represent.com/carushow-goat?variant=79957767&kw=store

LOL!! Love it!!!!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
I wonder how much of his success has come from other teams underestimating him. He'll probably get scouted more going forward and that could limit his impact. I hope not.

If Rondo could dramatically improve his 3-point shot, I have no doubt AC can too.

Almost 0%.

Hard to adjust to "this guy's going to swarm all over you, steal the rock from you, and make you miserable all night."
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I’m here for page 100 of this man.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EkGJoWBUYAEvkMq?format=jpg&name=small
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

I saw an article (sorry no link) that showed he has played historically well in his time on the court with LeBron, super good with LeBron on the court which is another reason why starting him in Game 6 was so smart by Uncle Frank.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
I’m here for page 100 of this man.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EkGJoWBUYAEvkMq?format=jpg&name=small

You know... when you completely hide the hairline... he looks like a kid.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:50 am    Post subject:

What a valuable player!
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:43 am    Post subject:

In on page 100 for one of my favorite Lakers on the team. Love how he plays and his mentality -- e.g. upon landing, all he could talk about was wanting more championships.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I saw an article (sorry no link) that showed he has played historically well in his time on the court with LeBron, super good with LeBron on the court which is another reason why starting him in Game 6 was so smart by Uncle Frank.

Yes, the trio of Bron, AD and Caruso do a ton on D. Bron and AD are extremely versatile defensively. You don't worry if they are on any of the five positions when switching. Then, AC has that energy/smarts that you want flying around the court. They can put the clamps on.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGIgk0ZHYdZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:33 am    Post subject:

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

If I'm coach Vogel, I'd tell Caruso to shoot hundreds of 3s a day this offseason to become a really good 3-point shooter. From January until the end of the regular season he did pretty good in that department.

Caruso also needs to add a floater/runner in the lane off the dribble.

If he does those two things, maybe he can be our version of Michael Cooper.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
If I'm coach Vogel, I'd tell Caruso to shoot hundreds of 3s a day this offseason to become a really good 3-point shooter. From January until the end of the regular season he did pretty good in that department.

Forget the runner. Hit wide open 3s and shoot 80%+ FT - he'll be a starter in the NBA.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGIgk0ZHYdZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

So good, and won't even show in his stat line.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Daily spoke with Lakers assistant coach Mike Penberthy, who revealed that the Lakers have gotten numerous inquiries about Caruso.

“Every time we wanted to do a trade in the offseason or before the trade deadline, every team wanted Alex Caruso,” he told Lakers Daily. “He’s known throughout the league and respected throughout the league.”

https://lakersdaily.com/report-lakers-coach-says-every-team-wanted-alex-caruso-during-trade-talks/

He may have been a joke to NBA fans but organizations and other coaches knew how good he is
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Forget the runner. Hit wide open 3s and shoot 80%+ FT - he'll be a starter in the NBA.

Absolutely...this!. I am thoroughly enjoying the various highlights of our championship run. AC keeps popping up again and again in the good to great plays. Whether making a steal or playing great defense he's in on a lot of great stuff.

If you look at him long enough you'll notice 2 things: (1) it's not a mystery why every team would inquire about his availability and (2) it's not a mystery why he has one of the top plus- numbers on the team.

If he's hitting those wide open 3's and shoots 80% FT we would be a very, very foolish organization to trade.....unless something is just crazy.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Absolutely...this!. I am thoroughly enjoying the various highlights of our championship run. AC keeps popping up again and again in the good to great plays. Whether making a steal or playing great defense he's in on a lot of great stuff.

If you look at him long enough you'll notice 2 things: (1) it's not a mystery why every team would inquire about his availability and (2) it's not a mystery why he has one of the top plus- numbers on the team.

If he's hitting those wide open 3's and shoots 80% FT we would be a very, very foolish organization to trade.....unless something is just crazy.

Let's not go crazy - he's not going to be an All-Star or anything. But in every era there are guys who are just "plus players" - they give the team 20-30 minutes of spark every night and fill gaps.

In the 70s, it was guys like Bobby Jones and Mitch Kupchak, who would come off the bench and fill up the stat sheet.

In the 80s, you had the Vinnie Johnsons and Rickey Pierces - great scorers who would come in, light it up and change the pace.

Transitioning to the 90s, it was the Sarunas Marciolonus and Mario Elie types - Swiss Army knives who played both ends and killed teams with back cuts and knocked down open shots.

In this era, the need is for lane fillers who can also 3 & D. Caruso can be that guy. No need to become a secondary initiator - just hustle on D, set screens, dive when necessary and hit open looks.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Let's not go crazy - he's not going to be an All-Star or anything. But in every era there are guys who are just "plus players" - they give the team 20-30 minutes of spark every night and fill gaps.

In the 70s, it was guys like Bobby Jones and Mitch Kupchak, who would come off the bench and fill up the stat sheet.

In the 80s, you had the Vinnie Johnsons and Rickey Pierces - great scorers who would come in, light it up and change the pace.

Transitioning to the 90s, it was the Sarunas Marciolonus and Mario Elie types - Swiss Army knives who played both ends and killed teams with back cuts and knocked down open shots.

In this era, the need is for lane fillers who can also 3 & D. Caruso can be that guy. No need to become a secondary initiator - just hustle on D, set screens, dive when necessary and hit open looks.

Yeah, not an all-star obviously but if he gets a consistent three he's instantly a superstar role player which sounds hyperbolic but it's more rare then it seems imo. Having a player like Caruso is/was paramount to our success since he does so many under appreciated things on both ends on a nightly basis. It doesn't really matter what lineup you put him in he's just going to make it better.

What makes him close to untradeable is not the fact that he's some potential superstar but he's such a good "role player" that it would be nearly impossible to get equal or better value in return unless he's part of a bigger trade to get a legit star to pair with AD which I don't see happening anyways with the lack of other assets we have.

Spot on with the role players you named though, I def. agree he can be one of those few great swiss army knife role players of the 2020's that people remember when looking back if things continue the way they've started!
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject:

yeah I agree, biggest thing by far for him to work on is a more consistent jumpshot.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject:

Caruso was the only player on the team who could somewhat penetrate then pass it to a streaking Lebron for an easy dunk. Kyrie, who was so much better at it, used to do that all the time and the Warriors had no answers. Easy high percentage 2 points. No one else on the team has that connection with Lebron. Also, Caruso’s lob to Lebron on fast breaks are always on point. And Lebron’s bullet pass to Caruso for an easy layup works 98% of the time.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
slavavov wrote:

He's a great role player, and the addition of those numbers to his game makes him an invaluable piece on the team. The only "crazy" part is you mentioning all star....when I didn't.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:59 am    Post subject:

If we make a trade, this dude better be untouchable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 100 of 132
Jump to: