OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106, 107  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 1197

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject:

What's the deal with 538 and why is it important. almost all the projection is a down trend. Luka and rookies that have not played a game is the only players thats gets an uptrend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14211

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
What's the deal with 538 and why is it important. almost all the projection is a down trend. Luka and rookies that have not played a game is the only players thats gets an uptrend.


I lost confidence in 538 after the 2016 elections.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17090

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject:

He playing tonight? I wanna see an AC-THT back court attack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13299

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Clip in link:

Caruso and THT on the Lakers bench before they sub in the game

https://twitter.com/KingJosiah54/status/1340148073025003520
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 5287

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Cmon GOAT, wake up!
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 2633

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Always been a fan of AC but if he continues to show no growth he should lose minutes. Defense is not enough anymore. Putrid shooting and 4 turnovers where multiple passes went straight out of bounds. Him and Kuzma have not showed enough growth in their games. I didn’t like that he said he didn’t work on anything specific during the short offseason, just everything. No. He needed to work on outside shooting and passing drills.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 32606

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject:

If he continues to stink up the joint then that means those minutes will go to THT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BotPoster24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Mar 2019
Posts: 140

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Always been a fan of AC but if he continues to show no growth he should lose minutes. Defense is not enough anymore. Putrid shooting and 4 turnovers where multiple passes went straight out of bounds. Him and Kuzma have not showed enough growth in their games. I didn’t like that he said he didn’t work on anything specific during the short offseason, just everything. No. He needed to work on outside shooting and passing drills.


I think defense was what was needed tonight. After halftime, it felt like neither team brought any intensity on defense for almost the entire 3rd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4333

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Line ups were odd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13299

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:45 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Line ups were odd.


Vogel is collecting data. He did that at the beginning of last season as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 2046

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:06 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
DLaker wrote:
What's the deal with 538 and why is it important. almost all the projection is a down trend. Luka and rookies that have not played a game is the only players thats gets an uptrend.


I lost confidence in 538 after the 2016 elections.


Good lord, are people still saying this? 538 utilizes polling in their models to make predictions. The polling, which 538 does not actually conduct, has been the culprit in the last two elections.

Ok back to basketball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10357

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject:

Caruso played like hot garbage last night. He needs to hit those wide open 3’s.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4333

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Line ups were odd.


Vogel is collecting data. He did that at the beginning of last season as well

I get it. Plus clips played their starter in preseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10357

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject:

I love Caruso, but this guy gets a huge pass after his terrible game. Other people are getting lit up on their threads. 🤔
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 15430

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I love Caruso, but this guy gets a huge pass after his terrible game. Other people are getting lit up on their threads. 🤔


1-5 from field and 1-4 from 3pt shot. Cant run offense and cant hit the wide open shot.

hustle and energy guy who should be given spot up mins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4333

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I love Caruso, but this guy gets a huge pass after his terrible game. Other people are getting lit up on their threads. 🤔


1-5 from field and 1-4 from 3pt shot. Cant run offense and cant hit the wide open shot.

hustle and energy guy who should be given spot up mins

I just read people prefer tht/ Caruso over herro/Robinson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 5920

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I love Caruso, but this guy gets a huge pass after his terrible game. Other people are getting lit up on their threads. 🤔


1-5 from field and 1-4 from 3pt shot. Cant run offense and cant hit the wide open shot.

hustle and energy guy who should be given spot up mins


Yeah, his ball handling and decision making were terrible. ThT should have been the ball handler when they played together. I think Caruso should get minutes, he makes an impact, but it should only be paired with either LeBron or DS, like how he was used with Lebron or Rondo in the playoffs and Finals.
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 6459

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't worry about it. Caruso is gonna perform for us.
_________________
Welcome to the BronBrow Dynasty!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 45189

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject:

The Bald Eagle will not take these slights lightly. Look for him to get it going in all facets vs. the Mavs.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 1197

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject:

We could have use Caruso against the blazers. Hope everything is ok.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Dec 2018
Posts: 285
Location: Palos Verdes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
We could have use Caruso against the blazers. Hope everything is ok.


Agreed. Not just the Blazers, yesterday against San Antonio too. Caruso with his bb IQ, defense, and intensity is a huge part of Lakers success.

I think/hope our defense has suffered partly because of Gasol adjusting (hopefully will get better), and partly because Caruso missing.

Any doubt about Caruso, there is a reason this man started and closed game 6 NBA Finals. The intangible. The thing that what's his name (starts with K) lacks mightily.
_________________
Lakers fan since that Magical day June 25, 1979.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 1197

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
We could have use Caruso against the blazers. Hope everything is ok.


Agreed. Not just the Blazers, yesterday against San Antonio too. Caruso with his bb IQ, defense, and intensity is a huge part of Lakers success.

I think/hope our defense has suffered partly because of Gasol adjusting (hopefully will get better), and partly because Caruso missing.

Any doubt about Caruso, there is a reason this man started and closed game 6 NBA Finals. The intangible. The thing that what's his name (starts with K) lacks mightily.


Yup Caruso’s value is hard to measure by the regular stats. There is a reasons why every time he plays he has a positive +-. Just last playoff he is a whopping +90 making him 3rd valuable players in my book last playoff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pokoy
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14469

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Wonder what’s going on. Looks like he’s out on Sunday too. Hope he’s okay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13299

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Wonder what’s going on. Looks like he’s out on Sunday too. Hope he’s okay.


Contact tracing it looks like. He'll need to do the customary quarantine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 2633

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I think whoever he was around must have tested positive, though he did not. At least I hope that’s what it is. If the person tested positive then he’ll have to miss a week or more likely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 105 of 107
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB