OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject:

KCP isn't averaging more points than BI or Kuz. That's not happening.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

Dont see it happening either, a real shocker if it does
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
Judah wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
But would be disappointed in the kids if it did
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
PauPau wrote:
Judah wrote:

With Kuzma, its a question of minutes, does he get 30 minutes a game? Kuzma is my favorite player, so I'd love to see it, but probably unless Lebron is playing a lot of center and we use Kuzma more at PF, it might be tough.

With BI, he gets to try and prove it this year, but all things being static, last season KCP was the better perimeter scorer to BI. BI can get better and KCP can get worse, but its a question of BI making them and gaining the confidence of the vets to feed him. KCP or Kuzma or even Hart might have an opportunity to take it away from BI. Heck Beasley could take it away from the young ins, if they brick their chance.

There will be a lot of pressure on the younger guys to play well, and the competition may see one or more of the vets take over starting or playing the crucial minutes if they can't perform, which a large of it is perimeter and free throw shooting. KCP has an opportunity, don't sleep on his chances to be very good this year.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
PauPau wrote:
Judah wrote:

BI will get more minutes than KCP and Kuz is a way more versatile scorer. I wouldn't be surprised if Kuz played less minutes than KCP and still scored the same, if not more, points.

That being said, KCP has a game that fits well with Lebron. It will come down to how well the kids adjust to playing with Lebron.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

KCP is going to be the main beneficiary of kick backs. LJ adds a new dimension to the team. Because he (along with BI and sometimes even Kuz) can take anyone off the dribble and drive to the basket, KCP is going to FEAST.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

KCP did seem like a package deal. I think Lebron asked before signing if the KCP part was complete.

KCP is still a real young and his legal issues messed him up until Feb.

After Feb he played pretty good and was a consistent outside shooter and defender. There is not a lot of talk about expecting him to improve but I think this may be under appreciated. He is comfortable in the system and with most of his teammates and his legal issues are in the rear view mirror. He is a really hard working and just coming into his own.

KCP and Hart are a nice combo at the 2 and can play together in a guard heavy pressure defense package.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

Here is some nice news of KCP( the forgotten laker) summer.

KCP wrote:

Just staying in the gym and keep working on it, trying to be better than 38 percent. That’s what I’ve been telling myself, and I’ve been telling my coaches I’m trying to be better than last year. So that’s what I’ve been working on.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/30/17800636/kentavious-caldwell-pope-lakers-improve-3-point-shooter-lebron-james-stats

There is also there a podcast of Locked On Lakers giving even more context as to why they think he’s going to be a key player next season.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
KCP is going to be the main beneficiary of kick backs. LJ adds a new dimension to the team. Because he (along with BI and sometimes even Kuz) can take anyone off the dribble and drive to the basket, KCP is going to FEAST.

After seeing the work and improved handles, I have Hart on the list of guys who can drive also (which is one reason why I believe people are sleeping on his ability).

Last edited by lakersboy on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

KCP wrote:

Just staying in the gym and keep working on it, trying to be better than 38 percent. That’s what I’ve been telling myself, and I’ve been telling my coaches I’m trying to be better than last year. So that’s what I’ve been working on.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/30/17800636/kentavious-caldwell-pope-lakers-improve-3-point-shooter-lebron-james-stats

There is also there a podcast of Locked On Lakers giving even more context as to why they think he’s going to be a key player next season.

I hope his workouts improve his shooting because that will give other guys more room to work and make them more unguardable.

I don't see how he will average anywhere near 20 ppg if this summer's focus is just on shooting. Bruce Bowen, Danny Green, and Kyle Korver are a few of many shooters who have had some good games, but couldn't average anywhere near 20 because they didn't score enough in other ways.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
lakerican wrote:

KCP wrote:

I hope his workouts improve his shooting because that will give other guys more room to work and make them more unguardable.

I don't see how he will average anywhere near 20 ppg if this summer's focus is just on shooting. Bruce Bowen, Danny Green, and Kyle Korver are a few of many shooters who have had some good games, but couldn't average anywhere near 20 because they didn't score enough in other ways.

I think Danny green is a good comp for KCP
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
lakerican wrote:

KCP wrote:

I think Danny green is a good comp for KCP

Let’s just hope he doesn’t go on a downward path like Green has.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

If KCP ever became an elite shooter like Green...whoa.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I heard Magic mention KCP at the press conference. He said KCP really transformed his body and he may have even added a wow.

I think KCP flies under the radar and it is not unusual for a 25 year old to break out. He had all the legal issues last year and it was his first year as a Laker.

So I think he is a sleeper breakout candidate but I am not sure where that leaves us if he does breakout. If we want to retain him we lose the ability to sign a max FA. He may be like the Julius Randle situation last year.

I think the best case is that he breaks out and shows extreme value and KL starts squawking that he wants out of Toronto and KCP is the centerpiece of our package to Toronto. All KCP has to do is breakout for this to work.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
If KCP ever became an elite shooter like Green...whoa.

He shot at or close to that level when he wasn’t in jail last year.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Last year was actually KCP's career high shooting 3 pointers: .383
If he can get close to .400 this year... Watch out.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Can easily see KCP shooting over .40 3pt%.

The issue is whether or not he can improve his playmaking ability. He vastly needs to improve his handle. He’s a solid 3 and D guy right now that just needs to take the next step.

I think Hart took that step though this offseason so it’s gonna be interesting to see that camp battle. I think in lineups without a tradition center, Hart’s ability to switch onto larger players will be a factor. If we are playing with a traditional big, KCP brings better perimeter defense to the floor. I feel there’s going to be a role for both.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:

The issue is whether or not he can improve his playmaking ability. He vastly needs to improve his handle. He’s a solid 3 and D guy right now that just needs to take the next step.

I think Hart took that step though this offseason so it’s gonna be interesting to see that camp battle. I think in lineups without a tradition center, Hart’s ability to switch onto larger players will be a factor. If we are playing with a traditional big, KCP brings better perimeter defense to the floor. I feel there’s going to be a role for both.

I recall KCP making some very nice passes last year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Last year was actually KCP's career high shooting 3 pointers: .383
If he can get close to .400 this year... Watch out.

He can shoot better then 40% I think he can get to 43-45%... he seems to have really worked hard for Magic to be Impressed so won’t be surprised by my prediction.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

Maybe a few... but his playmaking leaves a lot to be desired and it’s silly to deny that. Right now, he’s a good 3-D guy but fairly limited with the ball in his hands.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

Maybe a few... but his playmaking leaves a lot to be desired and it’s silly to deny that. Right now, he’s a good 3-D guy but fairly limited with the ball in his hands.

Yea he can find an open man (would expect any player to do this), but he can’t create. Terrible pnr handler and one on one player. To his credit, he doesn’t actually force the issue here so he knows his role.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

If he can make good passes from here and there in a 82 game season then him becoming a solid playmaker is a possibility.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully KCPrison has a “Break Out” year! He had some brain farts early on, including the shot that made Kobe and his family all get up and leave. But he had an excellent second half, and there are things he can do better than anyone else on the team. Sprinting on fast breaks, coming off curls, etc...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

KCP got his body right this year. Won't be surprised if he leads the team in 3 pt%
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KCP got his body right this year. Won't be surprised if he leads the team in 3 pt%

I believe this is realistic. 43-45% as mentioned above seems like a long shot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 79 of 182
Jump to: