OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

He is a place holder for a year, then either Hart or BI takes over at SG, or our free agent SG is an upgrade.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Should be the first to go, and should've been the first not to return.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject:

^^Nobody disagrees, it has to be part of the 2 year package deal to land Lebron. I had hopes KCP would be better surrounded by a star, but either we package him in a deal if he's willing, or we let him walk at the end of the season.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
^^Nobody disagrees, it has to be part of the 2 year package deal to land Lebron. I had hopes KCP would be better surrounded by a star, but either we package him in a deal if he's willing, or we let him walk at the end of the season.

We really really really need to find a good situation to dump him into so he'll waive his NTC. We get his early bird rights next year and you know Rich Paul will be trying to squeeze a multi-year deal out of us (he needs to make him another 50 mil over the next 3 years to make up for what he made KCP turn down in Detroit). We have to have to have to unload him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers take all of KCPs minutes and leave him buried on the bench as the new Deng, and give Svi all his playing time, then he may waive his right to veto any trade.

problem is we'd still have to send him somewhere he'd actually be able to be on a solid team or he'd just say no to it.

Like we'd have to send him to The Rockets for PJ Tucker or something.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject:

Pure garbage player. I didnt want him at FA. He was mistake. We are paying now for that decision. We could have better players for these 12 mil.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

KCP is slumping fast!
He was much better last season. I don't know what happened but he is not quite the same.
His energy level, hustle and his game are not where they should be at this point of the season.
Could it be that he has peaked and is now on the downturn at such a young age? NBA mileage will take its toll on the best of them.
I don't know but either way, he needs to step up or sit down.

Hopefully he can work his way through this funk and play ball because we need all the help we can get playing in the wild wild West.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If the Lakers take all of KCPs minutes and leave him buried on the bench as the new Deng, and give Svi all his playing time, then he may waive his right to veto any trade.

problem is we'd still have to send him somewhere he'd actually be able to be on a solid team or he'd just say no to it.

Like we'd have to send him to The Rockets for PJ Tucker or something.

He’s from right outside of Atlanta and played college ball at University of Georgia.

If he’s buried on the bench on the Lakers and he sees an opportunity for minutes on the Hawks, a trade of Pope for Dedmon is about as clean as it gets.

Hawks do it because Dedmon won’t resign there and they have other bigs ahead of him in the rotation. They also could be a prime candidate to resign the hometown Pope next offseason.

Lakers do it because they need one less wing and one more big man who is good enough to start in case McGee goes down. FWIW, Dedmon is from Southern California to boot.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

PG - James - Rondo
SG - Ball - Hart
C - McGee - Dedmon
PF - Kuzma - Beasley - Wagner
SF - Ingram - Stephenson - Mykhailiuk
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

If he doesn't get enough playing time and we find a team that will give him minutes, he will agree to the trade. He's on a one year deal and playing well for a non-playoff team might get him a decent return offer next year.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject:

He need some time out of the rotations to try to consolidate himself. He is awful at the moment. Not able to play or contribute to the team
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Come on KCP. You're getting paid 12 mill. That's starter level money. You played like one last year and for most of your career. I don't care how much of your agent and FO did you a favor. I don't care if you are literally the main reason we have Lebron right now. Step the (bleep) up. You can do it
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Call me crazy (many will), but I’d play Pope over Stephenson (even with his great numbers).

Why? Stephenson is at his best as a ball-handler, and on this team, with Rondo, Ball, and James, Pope, long-term is the more viable option because of his ability to play without the ball.

And please spare me the numbers that show that Stephenson is shooting better than Pope. We all know who the better catch and shoot shooter is.

It’s Pope. His game is needed, and it will come around.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

KcP been chipping in consecutively of late. Glad he's picked it up and it'll nice if he kept it going.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Call me crazy (many will), but I’d play Pope over Stephenson (even with his great numbers).

Why? Stephenson is at his best as a ball-handler, and on this team, with Rondo, Ball, and James, Pope, long-term is the more viable option because of his ability to play without the ball.

And please spare me the numbers that show that Stephenson is shooting better than Pope. We all know who the better catch and shoot shooter is.

Stephenson will be more valuable than KCP in the playoff. With all the playmakers that we have, KCP is the better fit but not with his salary.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Why is he still playing
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Beas, Svi or Bonga should take all of KCP's minutes.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Stephenson will be more valuable than KCP in the playoff. With all the playmakers that we have, KCP is the better fit but not with his salary.

Things may change.
But for now, Lance has had a far more positive impact than kcp.
Do I like how Lance is getting his offense? No.
Because I don't think hitting one on one contested jumpers is sustainable.
But man, it's going in for now, as shocking as it is.

Kcp's game requires him to be setup by others. That's good when the offense is clicking. But it's obvious at this time our offense had been crap. And it's taking a player in Lance who can get his own to bring some life to the team.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

Just not a fan, his shot selection and overall basketball IQ is horrid.

Don't see a fit for him in the long term here, his defense has been especially disappointing as he came here with the reputation of being able to play some.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Things may change.

Kcp's game requires him to be setup by others. That's good when the offense is clicking. But it's obvious at this time our offense had been crap. And it's taking a player in Lance who can get his own to bring some life to the team.

Given the scarcity of shooting they had to begin with, I don't think this team can be successful without getting him on track. Without Lance being Lance... yeah. So I agree with Pesci.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

Really disappointed to see KCP's steep decline. I was a believer of this guy for the most part last year. And he really should be the starter on this team. One of the more consistent shooters and perimeter defenders last year. I don't know what happened. Maybe hes content he got another payday. I don't know but he has to pick it up
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
epak wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Things may change.

Given the scarcity of shooting they had to begin with, I don't think this team can be successful without getting him on track. Without Lance being Lance... yeah. So I agree with Pesci.

I mean, getting all our players on track is a plus.

Speaking of shooting, what would you consider being on track for KCP?
The career high 38.3% from 3 he shot last year?
Or his career 3pt % which is 34.5% prior to this year's 21.7%?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm looking for big things from KCP this season when he turns it around...going to suggest to him to go back to more red meat in his 'new' diet
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Really disappointed to see KCP's steep decline. I was a believer of this guy for the most part last year. And he really should be the starter on this team. One of the more consistent shooters and perimeter defenders last year. I don't know what happened. Maybe hes content he got another payday. I don't know but he has to pick it up

i think the team is just in chaos right now. KCP is not an up and coming guy like the young guys, and he is sort of ignored in the hype. We're showcasing Kuz, probably for a trade or something. As a result, he's just kind of on the side spot right now. ONce this team finds an identity, or starts rolling in any sense, KCP will be fine i think. he's not playing as many minutes as before. His ft% is excellent, which is a great sign. It means he is probably still a good shooter, he is just not finding the rhythm with the reduced minutes, all the attention to the young uns, and just the chaotic nature of how we play. the crazy passing, the wild running plays. its terrible.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Im not even saying the negatives are wrong. Just I have no idea how someone could come to a conclusion after nine games? I seriously need forty games to make the accusations some people make on here, about any player (coach's included) apparently not just Pope. I could just be slow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 91 of 182
Jump to: