OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
laker50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 1284

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

If what Laker Lanny said is true:
Quote:
n defense he has great anticipation for jumping into passing lanes and getting the steal. He is one of the best in the league at that.

His on ball defense is not good though, I have been very disappointed in that as I thought he was supposed to be a lock down defender and hie isn't. Lonzo is a far better defender on the ball as is Hart.


Then it would be foolish to sign KCP at his present salary next year. Especially if Lonzo and Hart can play better defense.
His offense is very inconsistent.
Was hoping that KCP and Lopez would be better than they are.
Especially at highest salary prices.
Good part is will open a 2 max possibility if stretch Deng.
And can keep Clarkson and Randle at more reasonable salary.
Next off season will be pivotal for the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7872
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
If what Laker Lanny said is true:
Quote:
n defense he has great anticipation for jumping into passing lanes and getting the steal. He is one of the best in the league at that.

His on ball defense is not good though, I have been very disappointed in that as I thought he was supposed to be a lock down defender and hie isn't. Lonzo is a far better defender on the ball as is Hart.


Then it would be foolish to sign KCP at his present salary next year. Especially if Lonzo and Hart can play better defense.
His offense is very inconsistent.
Was hoping that KCP and Lopez would be better than they are.
Especially at highest salary prices.
Good part is will open a 2 max possibility if stretch Deng.
And can keep Clarkson and Randle at more reasonable salary.
Next off season will be pivotal for the Lakers.


Agreed, I think mainly they were aquired due to the fact that they are ending contracts and won't be on the books next season. Still wish we could have aquired KCP for $800k less so we did not have to waive Nwaba.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 1200

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
laker50 wrote:
If what Laker Lanny said is true:
Quote:
n defense he has great anticipation for jumping into passing lanes and getting the steal. He is one of the best in the league at that.

His on ball defense is not good though, I have been very disappointed in that as I thought he was supposed to be a lock down defender and hie isn't. Lonzo is a far better defender on the ball as is Hart.


Then it would be foolish to sign KCP at his present salary next year. Especially if Lonzo and Hart can play better defense.
His offense is very inconsistent.
Was hoping that KCP and Lopez would be better than they are.
Especially at highest salary prices.
Good part is will open a 2 max possibility if stretch Deng.
And can keep Clarkson and Randle at more reasonable salary.
Next off season will be pivotal for the Lakers.


Agreed, I think mainly they were aquired due to the fact that they are ending contracts and won't be on the books next season. Still wish we could have aquired KCP for $800k less so we did not have to waive Nwaba.


^ x 1 million
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92449
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

The amount of $ KCP gave up to sit out for his 2 game DUI suspension and subsequent jail time is greater than what Nwaba was owed.

Let that sink for a second.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Aug 2004
Posts: 19951

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

lazy on defense tonight guarding his man with the ball but he was aggressive on the glass and didn't chuck a bunch of stupid shots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 18973
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I would think if someone offers us anything of remote he gets traded
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57040

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

KCP 20P and 7R
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 24677

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Still needs to be shown the door
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22493

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Good game!
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28297

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The amount of $ KCP gave up to sit out for his 2 game DUI suspension and subsequent jail time is greater than what Nwaba was owed.

Let that sink for a second.


Meh. Nwaba had a great stretch for a month or so, but hasnít done a lot since. Heíd be nice to have on the roster for cheap, but Iím not seeing a reason to sweat letting him go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22493

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The amount of $ KCP gave up to sit out for his 2 game DUI suspension and subsequent jail time is greater than what Nwaba was owed.

Let that sink for a second.


Meh. Nwaba had a great stretch for a month or so, but hasnít done a lot since. Heíd be nice to have on the roster for cheap, but Iím not seeing a reason to sweat letting him go.

_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 6456

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Good game. I just feel weird watching him play when him, the team, and the fans all know he's just a mercenary gunning for his next contract, which will 99.9% not be with us. But to his credit, he's really reigned in the bad shots and plays within the offense for the most part. I hope he closes out the season strong and gets a solid deal somewhere, but it won't be anywhere near the $80M offered to him by the Pistons a year and a half ago with the way the market is shaping up this summer, unfortunately for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 6456

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The amount of $ KCP gave up to sit out for his 2 game DUI suspension and subsequent jail time is greater than what Nwaba was owed.

Let that sink for a second.


Meh. Nwaba had a great stretch for a month or so, but hasnít done a lot since. Heíd be nice to have on the roster for cheap, but Iím not seeing a reason to sweat letting him go.


Yeah. Hart's arrival has made that loss negligible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4528
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

He played great last night, this is what he can do. I think now that everyone is playing better, the pressure for him to score is gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31771

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

KCP put together another solid game. Scoring, rebounding with good (by not spectacular) defense.

20 point, 7 rebounds (7 - 10 fg with 3 treys).
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22493

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/962060497292939270/video/1

Not the greatest orator, but I get what you're saying
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 11619

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Bye, KCP. Don't let the door hit you . . .
_________________
Suck it, whiners. I have TWC!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 3311

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

We are a good team and kcp is one of the reasons for that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5440
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/962060497292939270/video/1

Not the greatest orator, but I get what you're saying


Now I know why dude doesn't speak. But good message.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31771

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/962060497292939270/video/1

Not the greatest orator, but I get what you're saying

_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 6456

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject:

KCP has actually been pretty good for us the last two months. He was great in November, but it's that horrible December that did him in with all his legal troubles. His minutes have gone down now, but he's recovered quite nicely in January and February with a much more reliable shot and great efficiency overall.

NOV - 15.2 pts/5.4 rebs/2.6 asts/1.9 TOs/1.8 stls on 43/37/74 shooting splits
DEC - 13.1/4.9/1.6/0.9/1.8 on 36/29/79
JAN - 12.3/3.8/1.8/0.9/1.3 on 45/46/74
FEB - 11.5/6.1/3.1/0.8/1.6 48/41/75
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Mar 2017
Posts: 757

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject:

Give this man some props. The bad shots have gone down, and the ones hes taking are going down far more consistently

I feel Brook has overtaken KCP as the most infuriating starter on the team. KCP is just kind of out of the way now
_________________
BBB back to back to back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AirTupac
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Feb 2018
Posts: 316

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

This guys not bad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4528
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Kcp played out, love to see the haters quite.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 6441
Location: SGV

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Good game but That foul at the end
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 57 of 79
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB