OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Laker_Town
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 24923

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I forgot he was out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 18037
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Hart needs to start over KCP.

Hart was already better than KCP by the end of last season... as a rookie.


Truth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 8949

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

didn't show anything 2nite
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 2219

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

If you think KCP is losing his job as starter, you are mistaken. It’s politics, we bench him, say goodbye to any future Rich Paul clients like AD. KCP is playing for a contract, it’s politics and politics is the reason why he got re-signed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 18871
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Just something to remember about Kcp

When he’s bad, he’s a tire fire

When he’s good, he’s a flamethrower


Same feast or famine guy as last year. Hope he doesn't eat away too much of Hart's minutes this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 18871
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
If you think KCP is losing his job as starter, you are mistaken. It’s politics, we bench him, say goodbye to any future Rich Paul clients like AD. KCP is playing for a contract, it’s politics and politics is the reason why he got re-signed.


Well, he's not the worst in the world. But where do you draw the line if you're Lebron? You want the better player on the floor to help you win, or you want your fellow client on the floor? KCP ain't killing any big picture plans. Klutch has bigger clients in Bron and AD. If AD wants LA, and Bron wants AD, then that's how it'll be. KCP will just have to wear his big boy pants. We've scratched their backs plenty with these two big one year deals for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 22347
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
didn't show anything 2nite


LeBron didn’t show anything either.. let’s trade him for James Harden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Kavanaugh-Caldwell O'Pope showed up tonight.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 8949

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
didn't show anything 2nite


LeBron didn’t show anything either.. let’s trade him for James Harden


You must have been watching a different game ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 22347
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
didn't show anything 2nite


LeBron didn’t show anything either.. let’s trade him for James Harden


You must have been watching a different game ...


I clearly watched the game and what I got out of the game is that the team was getting the feel of playing with each other instead of Impressing you guys with amazing stats.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 8949

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
didn't show anything 2nite


LeBron didn’t show anything either.. let’s trade him for James Harden


You must have been watching a different game ...


I clearly watched the game and what I got out of the game is that the team was getting the feel of playing with each other instead of Impressing you guys with amazing stats.


I made a simple statement...he didn't show much tonight...don't have a stroke dude
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 22347
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
didn't show anything 2nite


LeBron didn’t show anything either.. let’s trade him for James Harden


You must have been watching a different game ...


I clearly watched the game and what I got out of the game is that the team was getting the feel of playing with each other instead of Impressing you guys with amazing stats.


I made a simple statement...he didn't show much tonight...don't have a stroke dude


No worries man, just trying to feed positive vibe, it was frustrating to watch Denver knock down all those 3’s and hopefully we prevent that from happening Tuesday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 8949

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
didn't show anything 2nite


LeBron didn’t show anything either.. let’s trade him for James Harden


You must have been watching a different game ...


I clearly watched the game and what I got out of the game is that the team was getting the feel of playing with each other instead of Impressing you guys with amazing stats.


I made a simple statement...he didn't show much tonight...don't have a stroke dude


No worries man, just trying to feed positive vibe, it was frustrating to watch Denver knock down all those 3’s and hopefully we prevent that from happening Tuesday.


I'm expecting a lot more out of KCP this season...I think he is going to have a big year
Overall the I can see where this team will make their bones...just wonder how long it will take...the tough competition out west will hamper that progress
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 22347
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
didn't show anything 2nite


LeBron didn’t show anything either.. let’s trade him for James Harden


You must have been watching a different game ...


I clearly watched the game and what I got out of the game is that the team was getting the feel of playing with each other instead of Impressing you guys with amazing stats.


I made a simple statement...he didn't show much tonight...don't have a stroke dude


No worries man, just trying to feed positive vibe, it was frustrating to watch Denver knock down all those 3’s and hopefully we prevent that from happening Tuesday.


I'm expecting a lot more out of KCP this season...I think he is going to have a big year
Overall the I can see where this team will make their bones...just wonder how long it will take...the tough competition out west will hamper that progress


I agree, what I wanted to see is even with a lose I didn’t want the Nuggets to go all blitz on us and they did which isn’t a good sign cause they will feel confident when they play against us this season.

And I agree Pope will have a good year, I usually ignore the Anti KCP crowd fans have something against him and it’s not just a poor performance. they have been crapping on him for no reason. he will have a big year playing with great passers like Bron/Rondo/Zo feeding him open looks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 8949

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
didn't show anything 2nite


LeBron didn’t show anything either.. let’s trade him for James Harden


You must have been watching a different game ...


I clearly watched the game and what I got out of the game is that the team was getting the feel of playing with each other instead of Impressing you guys with amazing stats.


I made a simple statement...he didn't show much tonight...don't have a stroke dude


No worries man, just trying to feed positive vibe, it was frustrating to watch Denver knock down all those 3’s and hopefully we prevent that from happening Tuesday.


I'm expecting a lot more out of KCP this season...I think he is going to have a big year
Overall the I can see where this team will make their bones...just wonder how long it will take...the tough competition out west will hamper that progress


I agree, what I wanted to see is even with a lose I didn’t want the Nuggets to go all blitz on us and they did which isn’t a good sign cause they will feel confident when they play against us this season.

And I agree Pope will have a good year, I usually ignore the Anti KCP crowd fans have something against him and it’s not just a poor performance. they have been crapping on him for no reason. he will have a big year playing with great passers like Bron/Rondo/Zo feeding him open looks.


I just ignore the childish hate on LG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16841

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure that KCP won't play that way all season, first game of the pre-season.

But I've always felt that Hart should start over KCP.

The argument "but we're paying KCP so much we can't.."

That's the front office's problem/mistake. On the court Hart and Svi are going to be better fits and Hart and Svi already have more to their game than he does. Svi can actually pass and has PG knowledge enough to play something of a combo, and Hart can put the ball on the floor and finish at the basket, something KCP has always struggled with.

Hart can get to the basket, put the ball on the floor as well as be a 3 and D guy

And Svi is already on the verge of showing even more to his game.

All and all, with Hart and Svi here , KCP is redundant at his position and when it comes down to it, I'd pick Hart or Svi over him in a second.

He isn't even going to be here after this year hopefully. Regardless of what we're paying him, if the culture is about the better player starting and it's not just a locker room of politics where it's not really about earning it, then Hart should eventually be starting over KCP.

He's only here because he and LeBron have the same agent.


The spot I think KCP would thrive the most on this team, is backup 3. He likely thinks he's better than that, but if we start Hart and bring KCP off the bench at the 3, it's a better fit imo.

Bench Squad
Rajon Rondo
Svi
KCP
Kyle Kuzma
Beasley/Zubac/McGee/Wagner

I like that fit tbh.

Hopefully he has a better showing in game 2.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 6446

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Hart is better in every aspect except being a Klutch sports client.
_________________
We only celebrate championships.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 13410
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject:

Might have to send him to jail for a week or two, it worked last season
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 2219

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Man, I hope this is just a slump or something.... he looks worse than house arrest KCP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 9741

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

i know not all pro atheltes broadcast their offseason training to the media but I dont recall hearing much of anything from his this offseason... did he perhaps not practice much at all and come to camp full of rust?
_________________
anti-tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ShowtimeReturns
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Oct 2017
Posts: 483

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Man, I hope this is just a slump or something.... he looks worse than house arrest KCP

Kcp not playing with the fire we are use to seeing, looks disinterested to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
thenextgreat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

Maybe cause it's preseason? Just putting it out there...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 7389

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

thenextgreat wrote:
Maybe cause it's preseason? Just putting it out there...


Maybe was pissed that Hart was starting over him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
thenextgreat wrote:
Maybe cause it's preseason? Just putting it out there...


Maybe was pissed that Hart was starting over him.

He was worse in the first game, tho.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41873

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Kavanaugh-Caldwell O'Pope showed up tonight.


Drinking buddies!
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 81 of 98
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB