OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HAXXXCFq9j8

KCP looks really good

Rondo though ...

That wasn't MP3 with them. Rondo could use some sage shooting advice.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Rondo is an old dog. No new tricks for him.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Rondo is an old dog. No new tricks for him.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:

I am saying that DPRM isn't the greatest indicator of whether someone is a good defender or not. KCP and Avery Bradley are well known as great on ball defenders. Give them a defensive anchor of AD and a defensive oriented coach and you will see a difference. Being healthy will help too. I was just pointing out how that stat is stupid. Just look at how high Cousins DPRM is and how low Klay Thompson is on there. Klay player some great defense and Cousins not so much. Harden played zero defense and had a higher DPRM than probably the best wing defender the in the league.

The way a team plays also determines the DPRM.

Avery Bradley was on the all-NBA defensive team a few years ago; he really hasn't done much in the last few years. He might be showing his age. KCP has the potential to be very good but is a consistent underachiever. I would be pleasantly surprised if one or the other came through this year; the Lakers could really use them. I have more hope for Bradley than I do KCP. KCP has been a Laker for two years and in those two years all I have been is disappointed. If Vogel and the coaching staff can motivate KCP, I would be completely amazed. I do not expect KCP and Bradley to combine for "crazy defense" unless "crazy" is some sort of euphemism for "non-existent." We will see once the season starts.

--Anonymous
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HAXXXCFq9j8

KCP looks really good

Rondo though ...

That wasn't MP3 with them. Rondo could use some sage shooting advice.

KCP's shot gather is too low.

No need for the mofo to dip it down that low.

Makes the shot to be released late and more prone to chase downs, reach ins and tap outs.

His shooting coach should know better.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

2019-20 Lakers Season Preview: KCP

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Quote:
Only one player suited up every game for the Los Angeles Lakers during the extremely challenging 2018-19 NBA season and his name was Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Unfortunately for Caldwell-Pope, his numbers overall dipped some from his first season in the purple and gold.

https://www.lakersnation.com/2019-20-lakers-season-preview-kentavious-caldwell-pope/2019/09/18/
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

I had so much hope when we added him
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Yeah you were calling him a second leading scorer going into last year. He’s been a disappointment for sure
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

We thought he would be great next to Lebron, but it didn’t happen. Does adding Davis and Green help him? I think he ends up being the backup 3 with so many guards.

But he did play every game and was the teams best free throw shooter.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
We thought he would be great next to Lebron, but it didn’t happen. Does adding Davis and Green help him? I think he ends up being the backup 3 with so many guards.

But he did play every game and was the teams best free throw shooter.

KCP in theory is a good fit... can play 3 positions, defends, good motor, can hit the 3. But his price is twice what it should have been and I just don't see a guy who can spend the majority of this time at the 3.

It's been discussed to death and I know KCP was a "keep Klutch happy move" but so many guys can do close to what KCP does at a minimum deal.

How if the world Pelinka whiffed on signing a true backup SF is beyond me. Iggy is the saving grace so we'll see how that happens but if I were building a team, 1/3 the roster would be bench athletic wings who can slide between the 2 and 3 and 4 spots.

We're stuck with KCP and Bradley? Unless our FO was to stupid to realize that Dudley can't play the 3 anymore.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

In the immortal words of IG; "I smell a trade coming (sooner or later). The log-jam at guard makes it a high probability. yes, no, maybe .
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
In the immortal words of IG; "I smell a trade coming (sooner or later). The log-jam at guard makes it a high probability. yes, no, maybe .

Problem is that he has a 2-year contract with PO, so one year guaranteed, which takes us back to the "he has to agree with a trade" scenario. If he had the same contract with a Team Option, it wouldn't be a problem: pick up the option and trade.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Problem is that he has a 2-year contract with PO, so one year guaranteed, which takes us back to the "he has to agree with a trade" scenario. If he had the same contract with a Team Option, it wouldn't be a problem: pick up the option and trade.

Yeah, I know that it probably won't be KCP because of his contract (unfortunately for us) but we have several other guards that may be moved at a later date. Pure speculation and jest on my part.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yeah you were calling him a second leading scorer going into last year. He’s been a disappointment for sure

His attitude and effort have been really bad. The team tried to trade him for scraps all last season, but he held veto (refused a deal to Chicago, wanted Philly or Houston). While he has veto again this year, his deal has a trade kicker and he has an option year allowing him to retain bird rights if he gets dealt. He’s going to get squeezed for minutes with this team, Green getting most at SG and his not being a suitable ball handler in the second unit. Bradley, Caruso, Rondo and Cook will all be vying for the same minutes as Pope, each offering something he doesn’t.

Just looking for realistic options, I’d like a deal for Bertans. Same two year deal and another floor spacer. Klutch and the Lakers have inroads and if they move Beal, the starting SG spot is open.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

His attitude and effort have been really bad. The team tried to trade him for scraps all last season, but he held veto (refused a deal to Chicago, wanted Philly or Houston). While he has veto again this year, his deal has a trade kicker and he has an option year allowing him to retain bird rights if he gets dealt. He’s going to get squeezed for minutes with this team, Green getting most at SG and his not being a suitable ball handler in the second unit. Bradley, Caruso, Rondo and Cook will all be vying for the same minutes as Pope, each offering something he doesn’t.

Just looking for realistic options, I’d like a deal for Bertans. Same two year deal and another floor spacer. Klutch and the Lakers have inroads and if they move Beal, the starting SG spot is open.

kcp keeps getting criticized, but if you just go by his play last year, it was fine. still dont understand all the criticism.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

kcp keeps getting criticized, but if you just go by his play last year, it was fine. still dont understand all the criticism.

Yeah I don't understand it either. He got the league average salary. I think he's an average player at worst. He was overpaid last season but I don't think he is now.

Danny Green is 32 and may need to take some games off to keep him fresh for the playoffs. KCP is our best backup 2 for now. He's an insurance policy.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

He pouted about playing time, refused to help the helper (at one point I thought Tyson was going to pummel him), and was perhaps the word post defender on switches in the league. He also showed really poor decision making in any playmaking situation.

Basically, all of the things that require heart or IQ, he's extremely poor at. But he did shoot well once the season was effectively over, so there's that.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
He pouted about playing time, refused to help the helper (at one point I thought Tyson was going to pummel him), and was perhaps the word post defender on switches in the league. He also showed really poor decision making in any playmaking situation.

Basically, all of the things that require heart or IQ, he's extremely poor at. But he did shoot well once the season was effectively over, so there's that.

i didnt see it that way at all. he played much better d than maybe anyone except lonzo...better than lbj who somehow escapes these criticisms. worst post dfender? ok, thats like just your opinion. poor decision making...not even sure how you are judging that. lebron makes pretty poor decisions and he seems to not get criticized. and then look at bi kuz hart etc, they werent making any better decisions. this guy gets criticized for everything that everyone else does the same.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject:

Hopefully we'll see a new & improved KCP this season.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

i just dont get this talk that assumes hes been sucking all this time. ive asked so many people personally about it. the only concrete thing anyone said is his 3pt% should be higher...like around 38% rather than whatever it is. im like, so what? everyone's 3pt% was bad on this team. its the team, not the player. but watch him individually during the game, he plays very well, far better than just about everyone else. again...lbj (last year) was playing not even like average....kcp was playing much better in terms of proper basketball. hes very solid, a great player to have. and in case people arent aware, EVERYONE's stats goes down when lebron joins a team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
pio2u wrote:

i just dont get this talk that assumes hes been sucking all this time. ive asked so many people personally about it. the only concrete thing anyone said is his 3pt% should be higher...like around 38% rather than whatever it is. im like, so what? everyone's 3pt% was bad on this team. its the team, not the player. but watch him individually during the game, he plays very well, far better than just about everyone else. again...lbj (last year) was playing not even like average....kcp was playing much better in terms of proper basketball. hes very solid, a great player to have. and in case people arent aware, EVERYONE's stats goes down when lebron joins a team.

Only you can say with a straight face that KCP was "playing much better in terms of proper basketball" than LBJ.

When the team needed him during LBJ's groin injury absence, he was MIA.

once the playoff hopes were gone, he started playing well.

Can we depend on him when it's go time? He hasn't shown us that yet.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Only you can say with a straight face that KCP was "playing much better in terms of proper basketball" than LBJ.

When the team needed him during LBJ's groin injury absence, he was MIA.

once the playoff hopes were gone, he started playing well.

Can we depend on him when it's go time? He hasn't shown us that yet.

He and Darth.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

what a narrative yinoma...
when lbj went down with the fake groin injury?? the team needed him ? really? like...we were trying to win and not tanking? so we make the playoffs and miss out on AD? ok....

he started playing well when playoff hopes were gone? you mean after they had successfully tanked? he did better? you dont say. looks to me like he did the right thing and tanked properly, achieving that team goal. then after that, he played well because as long as we have tanked now we can at least play well the remainder of the season. sounds to me like a good player.

if a team is tanking...stats are not going to be good. thats the point. i never understood all the flac the fans gave the coaches or players when we were tanking. like what do you expect?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

What narrative? He had a groin injury. He wasn't playing. So during that time, KCP, one of our "veterans," should have stepped up. He didn't. We were absolutely trying to make the playoffs while LBJ was out. Did you at least watch the games last year or were you buying and burning as many LBJ products as possible?
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

lol yea right. were trying to make playoffs and risk not getting AD. no way in hell.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 111 of 182
Jump to: