CAVS -at- LAKERS – 7-13-17 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Somewhere a Yenko Nova sits idly, waiting and remembering the good old days...

It's got a thick coat of post apocalyptic ash covering it that it needs to rise out of.

May those days return soon.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:

Love the new guys but i m rooting the hardest for our own Steve prefontaine - Caruso.

Diving on the floor as DB mentioned and bouncing it off the defender. Those are the plays an arena goes nuts over.

Fox is still having nightmares of being lit up by some copier repair man or whoever that was out there.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
This kid reads the floor like screaming headlines. He & BI are going to make the league cry.

Thanks DB!

Let's hope. Zubac needs to join them because he's going to make me cry with his crappy summer league so far.

If he doesn't start picking things up and also show in the preseason he may be out of the rotation as we go small behind Lopez, who will gobble up minutes.

Wish BI could have gotten more run with Lonzo. I want to see more of those passing sequences between the two and more of BI in transition.

Love Zubac but it looks like the current landscape of the NBA style is too quick, and too fast, for him. I remember how teams were loading up with big men during Shaq's day.

But with the absence of a dominant big man, and the current front runners being GS and their "death" lineup, Zubac, at this rate, will be relegated to a situational player type role.

Teams are now trying to neutralize GS, and similar teams, with wings and "position less basketball players."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

For Zu, he's got to do a couple key things. He has to be disruptive defensively and that's going to require him to anticipate the game to make up for footspeed issues. Hopefully, dropping the weight and putting in all the hardwork helps with the footspeed, but ultimately I think it's going to come down to his feel for the game at that end, which will take time, patience and reps to get experience.

It will be tough for him going against small stretch 5s like we saw with Ojeleye. If we are leaving him out there in those situations, it's vital that he makes up for it with his size on the other end...offensive boards, putbacks, easy post scores, etc. You have to take advantage at a high rate and if he can't impose his size, then he will be sitting.

He's been a bit out of sorts, but slowly putting some things together. Preseason will be key for him.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
For Zu, he's got to do a couple key things. He has to be disruptive defensively and that's going to require him to anticipate the game to make up for footspeed issues. Hopefully, dropping the weight and putting in all the hardwork helps with the footspeed, but ultimately I think it's going to come down to his feel for the game at that end, which will take time, patience and reps to get experience.

It will be tough for him going against small stretch 5s like we saw with Ojeleye. If we are leaving him out there in those situations, it's vital that he makes up for it with his size on the other end...offensive boards, putbacks, easy post scores, etc. You have to take advantage at a high rate and if he can't impose his size, then he will be sitting.

He's been a bit out of sorts, but slowly putting some things together. Preseason will be key for him.

I luv Zu but he seems to have trouble with bigs who are physical with him. I am not sure he has that mean junk yard dog streak any where in him that makes him push back when another big tries to out muscle him.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Zubac is still a kid really. Give him time. We already know he is putting in the time and is a great guy on the team.

Wasn't he supposed to start working with Kareem?
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Zubac is still a kid really. Give him time. We already know he is putting in the time and is a great guy on the team.

Wasn't he supposed to start working with Kareem?

I'm not worried about Zubac. He showed he belongs in this league during the regular season. He'll get used to playing with Lonzo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: