Let's see what happens when the cops kill and unarmed white woman (from 2017 - updated page 4)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Let's see what happens when the cops kill and unarmed white woman (from 2017 - updated page 4)

Australian Justine Damond shot dead by US police in Minneapolis

US police officers have shot dead an Australian woman who reportedly called 911 after hearing a noise near her home in Minneapolis.

Minnesota’s public safety department said a woman was shot in Minneapolis after two officers responded to a callout about a possible assault on Saturday at 11.30pm local time. The police officers did not have their body cameras turned on.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

One source said that she was talking to the officer in the drivers seat (through a presumably rolled down drivers side window) when the officer in the passenger seat shot her. Both had their body cameras turned off, and the dash cam didn't capture anything.

Weird, and disturbing to say the least.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

let me summarize the ending for this... officer gets charged but acquitted, possibly gets fired, goes to work in another city, files for early retirement pension for "emotion stress"
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
MPD Officer Who Shot Woman Identified As Mohamed Noor

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed a woman on the city’s south side over the weekend has been identified as Mohamed Noor.

His attorney, Tom Plunkett, confirmed Monday that Noor fired his weapon, killing Justine Damond. In a statement, Plunkett said: “We take this seriously with great compassion for all persons who are being touched by this.”

The fatal shooting happened late Saturday night near the intersection of 51st Street and Washburn Avenue South, in the city’s Fulton neighborhood.

Sources tell WCCO-TV that Damond called 911 over a possible assault, and when Noor and another officer arrived at the scene in a squad car, she spoke to them near an alley. At some point, Noor, who was in the squad’s passenger seat, reached over and shot Damond.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/07/17/mpd-officer-shot-woman-identified/
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

>Mohamed

buckle up, lads
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Officer in question apparently has an open federal case.

Quote:
The open federal case in the United States District Court, District of Minnesota was filed against Noor, two other police officers, and the City of Minneapolis, by a woman named Teresa M. Graham.

Federal court documents say the complaint is an action for money damages arising out of a May 25, 2017. The complaint accuses Noor and the other officers “without any reasonable or legal cause” of forcing “their way into Plaintiff’s house,” where they’re accused of having “violently and forcibly detained her, and transported her to a hospital against her will.” She’s alleging violations of constitutional rights.

https://heavy.com/news/2017/07/mohamed-noor-justine-damond-ruszczyk-minneapolis-police-officer-somali-mohammed/
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Well this one will be interesting . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Star Tribune, citing three people with knowledge of the shooting, said Damond had been the one to call 911 about a possible assault in the alley behind her house.

The three people, who were not identified by the newspaper, said two officers pulled into the alley in a single squad car. Damond, wearing pajamas, stood at the driver’s side door and talked to the driver. The newspaper’s sources said the officer in the passenger seat shot Damond through the driver’s side door.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/16/woman-dead-after-officer-involved-shooting-in-minneapolis/

So he shot across his partner, through the door.... wtf
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:
The Star Tribune, citing three people with knowledge of the shooting, said Damond had been the one to call 911 about a possible assault in the alley behind her house.

The three people, who were not identified by the newspaper, said two officers pulled into the alley in a single squad car. Damond, wearing pajamas, stood at the driver’s side door and talked to the driver. The newspaper’s sources said the officer in the passenger seat shot Damond through the driver’s side door.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/16/woman-dead-after-officer-involved-shooting-in-minneapolis/

So he shot across his partner, through the door.... what the heck

Sounds like a totally reasonable decision.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:

And because none of the cameras were on (:cough: erased :cough:) we may never know how it went down.

Either this guy had some sort of psychotic break or he pulled a Pulp Fiction "aw man I shot Marvin in the face" negligent discharge. I don't see any other explanation for this. Especially shooting in the car? I'm sure their ears are still ringing. It would also have been a total pain in the ass to unholster and aim in that scenario anyway. What possible reason could there have been?
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Nothing. She's a foreigner. Most you can hope for is a dishonorable discharge/manslaughter.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

ISIS sympathizer?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:

And because none of the cameras were on (:cough: erased :cough:) we may never know how it went down.

Either this guy had some sort of psychotic break or he pulled a Pulp Fiction "aw man I shot Marvin in the face" negligent discharge. I don't see any other explanation for this. Especially shooting in the car? I'm sure their ears are still ringing. It would also have been a total pain in the ass to unholster and aim in that scenario anyway. What possible reason could there have been?

My first impression is that this officer was not properly screened, let alone trained. I'm curious about his attitude towards women, or his ability to perceive what constitutes a threat, and I think those attributes have to come out prior to the young man donning a uniform. Training; for the life of me I cannot fathom why a cop (or anyone) would shoot someone outside the driver's side of the car, from the passenger side. If this was a threatening situation, he should have exited the car, and had his weapon drawn (which seems to be an odd thing to do when his partner is talking to the woman in her pajamas).

This isn't a Marvin situation. He should not have had his gun drawn and had it casually aimed in her direction. My best guess is that this officer has serious mental health issues that should have been detected, screening him from the police force.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:

My first impression is that this officer was not properly screened, let alone trained. I'm curious about his attitude towards women, or his ability to perceive what constitutes a threat, and I think those attributes have to come out prior to the young man donning a uniform. Training; for the life of me I cannot fathom why a cop (or anyone) would shoot someone outside the driver's side of the car, from the passenger side. If this was a threatening situation, he should have exited the car, and had his weapon drawn (which seems to be an odd thing to do when his partner is talking to the woman in her pajamas).

This isn't a Marvin situation. He should not have had his gun drawn and had it casually aimed in her direction. My best guess is that this officer has serious mental health issues that should have been detected, screening him from the police force.

This reasoning is applicable to Castillo's case also
BuDdHaLlAh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

Im just waiting for the inevitable statement that the officer feared for his own life and acted in self defense. Its the magic phrase that seems to get officers off on charges regardless of circumstances.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
One source said that she was talking to the officer in the drivers seat (through a presumably rolled down drivers side window) when the officer in the passenger seat shot her. Both had their body cameras turned off, and the dash cam didn't capture anything.

Weird, and disturbing to say the least.

I thought I read somewhere, she was talking to the driver? If that's in fact true what could the officer in the passenger seat have seen that caused him to shoot?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

Maybe, but we really don't know what happened yet. The fact that the body cameras were off suggests that the cops did not perceive anything important to be going on. It has been reported that Noor's partner was shocked when Noor fired a shot. Something weird happened here. I'm betting on a Marvin scenario of some sort.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
ISIS sympathizer?

Sadly I am even wondering this same thing
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Injecting race and religion may be ill advised but take a look at this photo which implies he's Muslim. I believe this officer will go down.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Is it just me or are a lot of these cops shooting people for no reason things happening in Minnesota?

That is where they pulled over the black guy like 100 times in a few years before shooting him on a stop one day.

What the hell Minnesota? The Twolves are ass, but try and nut up here.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
The Twolves are ass

the real problem
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject:

The low level of outrage over this killing speaks volumes as to the fractured state of our society. The victim was a white Australian, the cop was a black Somali Muslim, hence no Black Lives Matter or Blue Lives Matter involvement.

Quote:
So what does this say about America in 2017, where the race, gender or national identity of a victim or police officer can affect the public's reaction to a shooting?

"It says despite the rhetoric about the US being a melting pot or whatever, people have different experiences based on their racial background," Love said. "Those experiences give us, sometimes, a different set of lenses and a different view of reality. And we have to find some way of bridging that divide ... to help people understand the experiences of other people."
The different reaction to the shooting also proves that America is still learning how to deal with its tortured racial past, said Phillip Atiba Goff, a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and president of the Center for Policing Equity.

"We haven't reckoned with our history," Goff told CNN, "so it shouldn't surprise us to see a different reaction."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/19/us/minneapolis-shooting-upended-outrage-trnd/index.html
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

I think this says More about how lazy and unprofessional and unamerican the police Chiefs in USA are

Both cops should be put on UNPAID leave immediately and every cop ever guilty of not turning on his/her CAMERAS WILL BE Immediately suspended without pay for at least one week and it will be set in stone.

If you can't even do your job HALF ASSED RIGHT then GTFO..

No wonder NWA"s (bleep) The Police was so popular
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Is it just me or are a lot of these cops shooting people for no reason things happening in Minnesota?

Not just people.

http://www.startribune.com/video-shows-minneapolis-police-officer-shooting-two-dogs-in-north-minneapolis-yard/433481333/
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Both cops should be put on UNPAID leave

Police Unions would never allow this to happen in any city.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: