Can We Get a Clarkson Name Drop Thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Last of the three stooges standing...

true

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
crazylakerfan001
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

Magic hasn't said clarkson's name when giving examples of who ball will be passing to. They interviewed clarkson one time and he looked and sounded worried af.

Also magic is not afraid to publically call out the players. He repeatedly said Julius needs to run the floor like Kuzma is doing.

Last edited by crazylakerfan001 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

he's toast
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

this thread is hilarious.. i didn't even notice this.. now i'll be waiting to hear him mentioned!!
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

It still amazes me to this day how poor he is on defense despite 4 years in college and 3 in the NBA. He has the tools.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

Clarkson is a good player to have and has earned every dollar he will be getting, he just doesn't fit the team.we are trying to develop. Things could seriously change though given the right environment. Playing beside of guys like Swaggy and Lou are clearly not going to do wonders for JC in area of ball movement.

As I said in SPL thread, I could actually see Clarkson having a good year and boosting his stock a bit more playing in a role similar to what Blue did in SPL. Only catch would be JC buying into what we're doing both offensively and defensively. Either way, he's gone before FA next year.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject:

Man I do not understand this thread. I thought he got waived or something going by the comments. What's going on? Are people just taking out their DLO frustration on clarkson or what?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Man I do not understand this thread. I thought he got waived or something going by the comments. What's going on? Are people just taking out their DLO frustration on clarkson or what?

Way to bring up DLO.

Talk to Magic.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

the more I see from Magic and Rob the more I realize they are all in on Luke's style and basketball approach. I bet Luke is loving life right now knowing he's got Magic Johnson building around his vision.

I like JC. He's best used as a 6th man. I feel like he can help this particular team A LOT in that role given how offensively challenged our bench is. If he could get back to the style he played in year 1, he'd be a "dynamite" backup for this year.

They've tried and are trying to move him and Deng but it's going to be tough. I say make him our 6th man, let him gain more value league wide then trade him.

He's contract is very fair considering his production. There will be teams out there that want him if we attach a future 2nd to him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Magic like: "Ball is going to make everyone better. Lopez, Nance, BI, KCP, uh, Julius Randle, Kuzma, guys like Matt Thomas, Caruso, the training staff, the ball boys, the janitors, the window cleaners, uh, did I say Nance?..."

underdogsgv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

Cya, Jordan Kardashian
#32 is the greatest Laker ever.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

betterthanhalf wrote:
"Clarkson is.......here."

Came here to say this. lol
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
And guys, didn't make this thread to give anyone an excuse to crap on Clarkson or our players. Just thought it was funny/sad how obvious it has become that Magic is avoiding mentioning Clarkson.

I don't even think Magic is doing it on purpose. I think Jordan is just an afterthought to him. Magic can be pretty transparent.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jc worked hard and got life changing money. He will be fine. He's already playing with house money and will be a useful rotation player somewhere.

He's gonna miss the LA chicks, though.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jc worked hard and got life changing money. He will be fine. He's already playing with house money and will be a useful rotation player somewhere.

He's gonna miss the LA chicks, though.

I'm sure the Kardashians/Jenners will have cousins that are spread across every NBA city.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Magic hasn't said clarkson's name when giving examples of who ball will be passing to. They interviewed clarkson one time and he looked and sounded worried af.

Also magic is not afraid to publically call out the players. He repeatedly said Julius needs to run the floor like Kuzma is doing.

Got a link? Not that I don't believe you. Just curious.

Also, stolen from Reddit: The floor is Jordan Clarkson https://i.redd.it/y4ycaos30aaz.jpg

lol
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

This guy. lol
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
akk7 wrote:
During the whole PG saga, Pincus tweeted the Lakers really like Clarkson and don't want to really move him or something to that effect.

For those on twitter you guys could pull it up easier. It was around the time the PG's agent said he doesn't want to play for the Pacers anymore and wants to go to the Lakers.

Could just be smoke.

This is his only mention of Clarkson during that week that doesn't involve him in a trade scenario or the whole JC acting weird thing on Twitter.

Quote:
Eric Pincus‏Verified account @EricPincus Jun 18
That Randle/Russell share same agent as George suggests Clarkson would be odd man out however Lakers really fond of the kid, so TBD

With all due respect to Eric, who deserves all due respect, I think he was just throwing stuff against the wall there. I don't think what clients PG's agent has on the Lakers will make any sort of difference in what moves this FO makes, as evidenced by the DLO trade.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Randle, Brook, Nance, KCP, Clarkson

It comforts me the way Magic always finds a way to get LNJ's name in there.

Magic and Larry Nance Sr. played in the league pretty much over the same period of time. Maybe they knew each other pretty well.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

Name drop Clarkson?

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

What happened to the no negativity plan? this is a thread where posters are just completely bashing one of our players, who apparently is still under contract. If I missed some news report then please say so but right now this thread seems ridiculous and speaks very poorly for the laker fanbase
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
What happened to the no negativity plan? this is a thread where posters are just completely bashing one of our players, who apparently is still under contract. If I missed some news report then please say so but right now this thread seems ridiculous and speaks very poorly for the laker fanbase

Then why'd you go in with the "must be DLO fans" nonsense?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

It's actually quite the opposite. LG rallying around a common cause, probably the least toxic thread I've seen in a while really.

Anyways I'm sure we all appreciate what Clarky has done, but given his track record last season it's not like we should be surprised that Magic might be skeptical of JC's ability to play Ball's style.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
JC will be here for a year max. Hopefully, Lonzo can increase JC's trade value and help us get a first rounder. No one is taking Deng along with JC's 12.5 M per year.

He's probably available today, but they have the luxury of waiting for the right offer. I agree about Deng. I'd be more interested in the return for Clarkson than in being able to attach Deng. I'd be surprised if they couldn't pull a 1st-rounder right now, though.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

People are just making some harmless jokes about Magic seemingly avoiding JC's name. You're the one injecting negativity and an agenda into this thread.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: