NY Post claims we were trying to get Penny from the Knicks???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

What is this "word out of L.A. " stuff. They probably asked some bum on Sunset blvd. to read a script in exchange for bag of peanuts and a fruit cobbler. Peter Vecsey is a jack-ass.

Last edited by Sage_10 on Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

I think we can all agree Bynum aint going knowhere unless its for Bron or the like. He is already servicable(barely) but nontheless. Next year with a good off season(hopefully with capt and Kobe) AB can start for the starting job, based only on his ability to disrupt shots and penetration. If Mitch trades him(which he wont) it will be worse than the Shaq transaction.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

Sometimes i get the feeling Isaiah is the same guy posting those "think we can get garnett for slava, luke, george, mckie, and miami heat #1?" trades on LG. either that or they all have the same dealer.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

Would anyone do this trade if it involved the Knicks 1st rounder?
That is Lamar Odom, Devean George for Penny Hardaway and 1st round pick? The Knicks will probably have a high pick next year, we could pick up a young shooter or PG that would help out and set this team up for the future, with Bynum in the middle. Any takers?
B-Scott
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

i would not trade Lamar for just expiring contracts.Even if Frye was included.

That would be just throwing away the season. Kobe and phil have worked to hard to get the team back to the playoffs,to just throw away the season. Frye can not play full time because of his horrible rebounding ability. He is simply another brian cook right now. Actually softer then cook.

Let the team ride out. Make the playoffs. trade Lamar in the summer
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
That is Lamar Odom, Devean George for Penny Hardaway and 1st round pick? The Knicks will probably have a high pick next year, we could pick up a young shooter or PG that would help out and set this team up for the future, with Bynum in the middle. Any takers?

No thanks because that 1st rounder will be lottery protected. By the time all the protection wears off, it'll be around the year 2009 or so. And by then, the pick might be worthless.
dadliboi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject:

I literally choked on my drink when I read the original post. Odom for Hardaway???

Oh man I needed a good laugh. I think Isiah might be "rocking the ganj."
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:

Doesn't Chicago have NY's pick this year, unprotected, from the Eddy Curry S&T?
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

Chicago has NY's pick next year AND it can switch 1st rounders with the Knicks next year (meaning the Knicks can't trade it).
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject:

Isiah, what color is the sky in your world?

I guess this deal doesn't look that bad compared to the TWO LOTTERY PICK+$60 million dollar+Michael Sweetney deal that landed them a tallented player with a heart condition.

Maybe this deal would let Thomas break even.
G1 Hydrogenic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

NY Post is full of BS and I'm not surprised that this crap would show up.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

While I agree that the article is BS, I find it interesting that Minny and LA may be in the picture and are just using NY to facilitate a major deal?

LO, DG & Slava to NYK
Frye & Penny to Minny
KG to LA

Ok, ok, ... I'll put the pipe down now.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

This is Isiaih talking through the media to raise offers. I didn't realize that crack usage was so heavy in New York this time of year.
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject:

That new shipment of Colombian coke must've hit NYC this weekend...
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

It looks fairly unanimous.

Zero reasons for the Lakers to make this trade.

So its probably just the NY press trying to give their fans some reason to hope, but i'm sure even they didn't believe it.

We post for free. Sometimes it amazes me that some people throw out some ridiculous crap, get paid for it and are called sports writers.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

haha New York traded their pick away for Curry.

Even so, no I would not. Odom is worth more than first rounder. The cap space would be nice, but theirs no free agent this summer who is inticing enough. Unless were guaranteed to get Ben Wallace.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Getting him in a deal is fine, since his contract is so bloated, and expires after this season, (doesnt it?)
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

well the only logical reason for such a trade is if frye is included and the lakers are trying to recoup there 2007 plan. it takes odoms contract off the books. but i think the lakers would have to get frye, lee, azia and robinson to make it attractive at all. there is merit to this the lakers get even younger and open up more cap space. but with that said they really mortgage the rest of this year and probably next year for this golden 2007 plan.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
well the only logical reason for such a trade is if frye is included and the lakers are trying to recoup there 2007 plan. it takes odoms contract off the books. but i think the lakers would have to get frye, lee, azia and robinson to make it attractive at all. there is merit to this the lakers get even younger and open up more cap space. but with that said they really mortgage the rest of this year and probably next year for this golden 2007 plan.

There is no logic. There aren't any worthwhile targets in 2007, which is why the Lakers (in advance) agreed to exercise Kwame's option.

This rumor is a load of dung. Forget fabricating the rumor further by adding more marginal Knick prospects. The rumor at face value implies that Frye is worth more than Lamar, which means we're throwing in the towel for 2006 and 2007. Lamar for all of his warts produces more than Channing Frye, and substituting Odom with Frye would be a disaster. If Mitch did indeed propose this (and I'm sure he did not), then he should be fired.
WalterJ187
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Penny would be great fit if he had any gas left in his tank, but we all know that's not the case. I forgot Penny was still in the league. He hasn't been a factor in quite awhile.

The Frye for Bynum swap isn't too ridiculous, but I'd still stick with Bynum. Frye is better right now, but I like Bynum in the long-term. Plus, he's a true center while Frye is more of a PF. And we all know how rare true centers that can play both ends of the court at a high level.
Sunhills'm I
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

LA NEEDS Penny !!! How else do we keep our track record: Valde, Blount, Mckie....
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:

A couple years ago the Post was speculating how the Lakers might do a sign and trade of Kobe for Allan Houston. Those guys are smoking some serious stuff over there. I'm a Yankees fan and the Post has some wild trade scenarios in baseball as well that everybody knows no way in heck are they true.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

WalterJ187 wrote:
Penny would be great fit if he had any gas left in his tank, but we all know that's not the case. I forgot Penny was still in the league. He hasn't been a factor in quite awhile.

The Frye for Bynum swap isn't too ridiculous, but I'd still stick with Bynum. Frye is better right now, but I like Bynum in the long-term. Plus, he's a true center while Frye is more of a PF. And we all know how rare true centers that can play both ends of the court at a high level.

That's exactly why the trade proposal is so perverse. If you think that Frye and Bynum have similar trade value, then Lamar is basically worth no more than an expiring contract.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Trading for Penny makes no cents.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I would hate this trade,.. but if the Lakers got Penny (that's a big if, very big if), would his $15 million come off the books at the end of the season? Would that add more cap room for a possible acquistion in the summer??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: