Rockets for Sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I don't know about $1.65B, much less $2B. I'd be surprised if a team outside of the top five markets went for more than about $1.2B. But we shall see.

I have a friend that works these type of sales for one of the big banks. He says everyone thinks they will break $2B and that there has been tons of interest.

What's interesting on the Dream as an owner front is multiple potential buyers are trying to recruit him to be part of their groups.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I don't know about $1.65B, much less $2B. I'd be surprised if a team outside of the top five markets went for more than about $1.2B. But we shall see.

These values are overinflated. Idon't think revenue can sustain these sky high valuations as people move away from TV. The next TV contract is going to put a damper on revenues and valuations

Which is why it's a perfect time for an older owner to sell.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

These values are overinflated. Idon't think revenue can sustain these sky high valuations as people move away from TV. The next TV contract is going to put a damper on revenues and valuations

Yup, agreed on both fronts. Unless the NBA and other major leagues can start generating significant revenue from other media distribution that passive fans utilize for their media consumption, only die hard fans will still be tied to these TV deals and the valuation will be lower. I imagine that these leagues are all working on getting distribution deals in place via online streaming options that most of the cord cutters end up utilizing in hopes of keeping their revenue source.
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Time to sell and invest his $2 Billion in the Stock Market.

It has topped 22,000 the other day

Up from under 18,000 under Obama

(Not trying to make this political - just saying it's WAY up in a very short amount of time!)
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

It's a good time for everyone to sell. No one wants to be left holding the bag
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: