The Crisp, Refreshing Taste of Haterade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: The Crisp, Refreshing Taste of Haterade

My LG hanging out has diminished greatly as I've aged and my responsibilities have changed. I hit 10K posts back in 2007 and barely have 1K in the 10 years since. Even in the last championship run, my online activity was diminished even though my Laker love was strong. During the past 4 years, I was on LG more during the offseason than in-season.

Back in the 3-peat days, I'd spend a lot of time on other teams' boards, reading their vitriolic posts about how unfair it was that the Lakers got the best players handed to them, got all the calls, were ESPN and the NBA's handpicked darlings, etc., and I enjoyed tasting their salty tears. I didn't realize it - but the whining, kvetching & moaning of our enemies was an enjoyable part of my fandom.

Enter Lonzo Ball.

From the moment we drafted him, voices that had slept while the Lakers stumbled immediately woke to cry "Foul," "Fix" and "We're Sick of Laker Hype!" Fan bases around the country are complaining about the unfair amount of coverage that the Lakers got in SPL and NBA message boards around the internet are filling up with anti-Lakers and anti-Ball threads.

I LOVE IT!

After last night's game, I was up until 1 a.m., drinking in other fans' hatred of the Lakers, their disgust at Lonzo's MVP and their bleating about how SPL doesn't mean jack. I ate up their rationalizations about how Lonzo's game won't translate against "real" NBA players and reveled in their declarations that the "Lakers will still suck" because I know what it means . . .

They're scared.

They see it coming and they're scared.

Lonzo shot 20% from 3-pt and they're scared.

Kuzma looks like a steal and they're scared.

Maginka may actually be able to bring FAs in to play with these dudes and other fan bases are scared out of their wits!

It tastes GOOD!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

they just jealous cause they got no ball
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

Good stuff man.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

Yeah man!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

Preach! No one can complain if Lonzo/Kuzma lead the lakers back to prominence. Sixers, Celtics and even Kings (the proposed 2 for 5/10 swap) passed on Lonzo. 26 picks went before Kuzma was selected.

You can tell there is that angst/fear that the lakers are on their way back up.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

YES! They are scared... I love it! They see the storm clouds building up

Last edited by KobeDunk on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
diamondcutter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: The Crisp, Refreshing Taste of Haterade

Dr. Laker wrote:
My LG hanging out has diminished greatly as I've aged and my responsibilities have changed. I hit 10K posts back in 2007 and barely have 1K in the 10 years since. Even in the last championship run, my online activity was diminished even though my Laker love was strong. During the past 4 years, I was on LG more during the offseason than in-season.

Back in the 3-peat days, I'd spend a lot of time on other teams' boards, reading their vitriolic posts about how unfair it was that the Lakers got the best players handed to them, got all the calls, were ESPN and the NBA's handpicked darlings, etc., and I enjoyed tasting their salty tears. I didn't realize it - but the whining, kvetching & moaning of our enemies was an enjoyable part of my fandom.

Enter Lonzo Ball.

From the moment we drafted him, voices that had slept while the Lakers stumbled immediately woke to cry "Foul," "Fix" and "We're Sick of Laker Hype!" Fan bases around the country are complaining about the unfair amount of coverage that the Lakers got in SPL and NBA message boards around the internet are filling up with anti-Lakers and anti-Ball threads.

I LOVE IT!

After last night's game, I was up until 1 a.m., drinking in other fans' hatred of the Lakers, their disgust at Lonzo's MVP and their bleating about how SPL doesn't mean jack. I ate up their rationalizations about how Lonzo's game won't translate against "real" NBA players and reveled in their declarations that the "Lakers will still suck" because I know what it means . . .

They're scared.

Maginka may actually be able to bring FAs in to play with these dudes and other fan bases are scared out of their wits!

It tastes GOOD!

This is my favorite LG post in long, long time. There's nothing more satisfying than Haterade. Let's drink it up!
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

Aw, I thought this thread was going to be compilation of QFTOS. But even though it's not, I can't help but agree with the first post.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

Some of these other fan bases are so dumb.

I was looking at the @Blazers twitter feed last night during the game, and the fans there including @Blazers feed itself were all tweeting about #BeatLA and winning the Summer League championship so badly!

But after they lost, those same Blazers fans would go to the @Lakers feed and were all like "who care it's just Summer League". Talk about hypocrisy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

I especially love going to the boards of the Celtics, Kings & Blazers. Our ancient enemies are quaking in their boots!
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

Schadenfreude is not a nice side of one's humanity from which to pride yourself.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

Last edited by 32 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
I especially love going to the boards of the Celtics, Kings & Blazers. Our ancient enemies are quaking in their boots!

Celtics and Blazers have the worst homer announcers.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

I noticed this, too. The Lakers' hate ramping up again means we're back, baby, and everybody is starting to realize it. Nobody paid us any mind the last few years, and I know a lot of other teams' fans that actually liked watching us during that 10-10 run to start the season. They knew we were harmless, but that's changing now and everybody is on high alert
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Schadenfreude is not a nice side of one's humanity from which to pride yourself.

Schadenfreude is enjoying someone else's misfortune.

This is enjoying their envy of our success!

They are bitter because they see us becoming mighty again!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Some of these other fan bases are so dumb.

I was looking at the @Blazers twitter feed last night during the game, and the fans there including @Blazers feed itself were all tweeting about #BeatLA and winning the Summer League championship so badly!

But after they lost, those same Blazers fans would go to the @Lakers feed and were all like "who care it's just Summer League". Talk about hypocrisy

The funny thing to me in reading the blazers board link someone provided is how they made excuses for Swanigan having played so many games in a row...as if the lakers didn't have the same path
JohnWick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

It feels like we're on our way back to reclaim the Iron Throne. We're like Khaleesi and our dragons have just been born (Kuzma, Ball, Ingram). Now we need to get a couple more armies (2 max FAs in 2018).
purple8goldvanessa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Been a lakers fan for a long time. Very excited to see the hate comingback!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

My last post in a different thread was how the league is fearful of us right now. Funny how others have noticed this too. Spending time on other forums gives me a good perspective on what others think about the Lakers. Right now other teams are not only scared, but arguing with each other about how good Ball, Ingram, Magic, & the Lakers are. If someone were to say Ball is a bust, others would jump in to say that he wasn't. I haven't seen that before with our other draft picks.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

purple8goldvanessa wrote:
Been a lakers fan for a long time. Very excited to see the hate comingback!
I can tell you this much, it's better to be hate on than being laughed at.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The Crisp, Refreshing Taste of Haterade

Dr. Laker wrote:

Enter Lonzo Ball.

I LOVE IT!

They're scared.

It tastes GOOD!

Amen! How bout them Apples!!
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Great thread. My Laker hating Celtic loving cousin didn't have much to say when I told him Lonzo and Kuz may be the best 2 players in this year's draft - and his Celtics passed on both
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

feels good after the last few years
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: