What Magic/Pelinka have done so far is amazing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: What Magic/Pelinka have done so far is amazing

Think about it... we won summer league. It's NOTHING. Yet with only this as a tool, the Lakers are being talked about EVERYWHERE. We're suddenly the darling of the media.

These guys re-established relevancy with only smoke, mirrors and Lonzo. Imagine what will happen once we actually perform on the floor.

Why is it important? UFAs see this. The lure of the Lakers and the massive opportunities it's bringing to a rookie who has YET to play a single game isn't going unnoticed. Imagine you're an elite AS player... you watch this and you tell yourself that you can become a media superstar in LA without even doing a whole lot. Magic/Pelinka and the glamour of the team will take care of it.

Unbelievable.

Shout out to Lavar as well. The guy may rub some people wrong... but he's a marketing guru if you ask me. Wow.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject:

we definitely have media attention, but I think it's more cause of Lonzo's performance than winning the championship for summer league. But guy's did notice our SL play. KD talking on twitter about Kuz, Wade about Lonzo and his shoes, Lebron same thing. It's publicity.

I think what Lavar has done was build a want to see Lonzo perform, even if your a hater. Brilliant marketing.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject:

We are all Lonzo's witnesses.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Iam very impressed. They put us back on the map and put up a very decent roster together.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject:

First, they didn't mess up the No.2 pick. Second, giving up Russell, and dumping Moz's contract against popular thought was a bit, well ballsy.

Smoke and mirrors suggest a slight of hand, almost trickery. The moves they're making are fitting a seemingly well thought out plan.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

If Lonzo keeps up what he's been doing, we won't have any problems signing prized FAs making Magic and Rob's job that much easier. PG13 is gonna beg to come here if Ball, Ingram and Kuz play in the regular season like they did in SL.
If Kuz continues his stellar SL performance during the regular season, the DLo trade would go down as one of the defining moments of Magic's tenure as VP. I mean it's ridiculous we got to dump an atrocious contract while getting a better player in return. Sometimes it takes these kinds of trades in order to catapult a franchise into greatness just like how the Pau for Kwame trade landed the Lakers two more championships.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

It's everything.. and give Kuzma some credit. The Warriors might have the Splash Bros, but we now have the Mulatto Bros.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

I agree that the Lakers have built up some nice momentum and buzz under Magic and Pelinka's leadership. We need to keep the momentum going through next summer by having a strong regular season. Lonzo's SPL play gives me a lot of hope that our squad will finally have an identity, and it should be much easier for our guys to find their roles within that overarching team identity.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I like what they have done. Too bad that some people still have the D'Angelo Russell shades on and it's preventing them from seeing that they are truly building a great team.
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

I agree with your sentiments on what Magic/Pelinka have done up to this point was for the better of the franchise and we have seen the results. I am very pleased with our performance and I am rejuvenated to be a Laker fan!

However, somewhere on these boards D - Lo loyalists lurk and will question the recent success (despite it only being SL), putting us in position to sign 2 max FA, and developing young draft picks. Interestingly, some friends/family of mine who hold D-Lo dear to themselves, who once questioned trading D-Lo, and drafting lonzo have been seen praising Lonzo and the hype LA is building.

It'll be funny when all the people who panicked when D-lo traded will be eating their shorts when Lonzo revitalizes this franchise.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
Yeah, I like what they have done. Too bad that some people still have the D'Angelo Russell shades on and it's preventing them from seeing that they are truly building a great team.

Not necessary and unsolicited. You should be able to have your view without being proactively defensive.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Amen brother! 🙌

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

#StayInYoLane wrote:
I agree with your sentiments on what Magic/Pelinka have done up to this point was for the better of the franchise and we have seen the results. I am very pleased with our performance and I am rejuvenated to be a Laker fan!

However, somewhere on these boards D - Lo loyalists lurk and will question the recent success (despite it only being SL), putting us in position to sign 2 max FA, and developing young draft picks. Interestingly, some friends/family of mine who hold D-Lo dear to themselves, who once questioned trading D-Lo, and drafting lonzo have been seen praising Lonzo and the hype LA is building.

It'll be funny when all the people who panicked when D-lo traded will be eating their shorts when Lonzo revitalizes this franchise.

Again, if you are going to do this instead of post about the subject, you won't be doing it here.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
It's everything.. and give Kuzma some credit. The Warriors might have the Splash Bros, but we now have the Mulatto Bros.

Brady.. to Gronk... TOUCHDOWN !!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

#StayInYoLane wrote:

All very good points. The day DLO was traded someone created the thread, "Magic preached patience with our youth, but today, that was thrown out the window." Or something like that. My response is, we have more young people on the team now, than we did at almost any point in our team's history. We are developing young talent. Just not DLO anymore. And I was one of the biggest DLO defenders while he was a Laker, I understand they have a vision, and I'm willing to see what comes from it.
gr818
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

I like what they have done as well. Great draft and brought some legitimacy to the front office. I hope they are more fluid with their free agent pick ups though. If any of the young players truly breakthrough this season, I hope they are not deadset with 2 max deals.

I mean, reports like a Dwayne Wade trade is worrying. I don't want a situation where we are stuck with a bunch dead contracts from old and injury prone players. Like Trout on the Angels wasting his years because of Hamilton,, Vernon Wells, CJ and Pujols bad deals.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

gr818 wrote:
I like what they have done as well. Great draft and brought some legitimacy to the front office. I hope they are more fluid with their free agent pick ups though. If any of the young players truly breakthrough this season, I hope they are not deadset with 2 max deals.

I mean, reports like a Dwayne Wade trade is worrying. I don't want a situation where we are stuck with a bunch dead contracts from old and injury prone players. Like Trout on the Angels wasting his years because of Hamilton,, Vernon Wells, CJ and Pujols bad deals.

Wade is expiring. I'm sure it would have been to lose Deng's contract. Possible trade: Deng, Randle for Wade.
gr818
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Exactly. We don't know yet who is worth keeping, but rushing to create space. If we trade the wrong prospects, we may end up just as a 6 seed team because the deals were done in haste
gr818
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo
PG
LeBron
Ingram
Zubac

If Ingram doesn't hit, that is not a championship team
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

gr818 wrote:
Lonzo
PG
LeBron
Ingram
Zubac

If Ingram doesn't hit, that is not a championship team

I have a feeling it ain't going to be Zubac.
tkLAKERS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

I did not like the Dlo trade because I would have liked to see a Lonzo and Dlo backcourt at least for a year as I believe that would have been something special to see.

However, Kuzma has been a revelation and was clearly the steal of the draft. Lonzo and Kuzma was what I thought Lonzo and Dlo should have been, so I guess what I'm saying is.....the Dlo trade was not premature and I'm going to eat my crow pie now.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Wouldnt say amazing just yet, now if they manage to dump Deng on someone then that would be amazing.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

tkLAKERS wrote:
I did not like the Dlo trade because I would have liked to see a Lonzo and Dlo backcourt at least for a year as I believe that would have been something special to see.

However, Kuzma has been a revelation and was clearly the steal of the draft. Lonzo and Kuzma was what I thought Lonzo and Dlo should have been, so I guess what I'm saying is.....the Dlo trade was not premature and I'm going to eat my crow pie now.

Until you realize they didn't need to trade DLO to have Kuzma...
rajamatazz
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
tkLAKERS wrote:

Until you realize they didn't need to trade DLO to have Kuzma...

they would have had to do something to obtain another pick to get him, he may or may not have been there at 28... then its a domino effect and we may not have gotten hart or bryant
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: