Better backcourt: Lonzo/KCP vs. Lonzo/Russell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which backcourt is better?
Lonzo/Russell
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Lonzo/KCP
80%
 80%  [ 181 ]
Total Votes : 226

LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
DLO needs the ball in his hands to be effective and engaged in the game. For some reason I see DLO as a poor man's Kenny Anderson in terms of his projected career path. Has had nagging injuries.

KCP should be more effective off the ball for the Lakers and a vastly superior defender. And with Lonzo having the ball in his hands most of time, that's probably a better fit. He's stayed healthy his whole career.

Lakers will need someone to step up and take big shots though. DLO was the guy for the team last year when he was healthy. Overall, KCP is the better fit right now for what the team needs.

This post is laughable considering DLO was probably our best guy off the ball last season

What did he do off the ball that was so great other than receiving passes at certain spots at the three-point line? DLO is best when he's got the ball in his hands. He showed the ability to post up, but I don't know if it's a system issue or something else where he hardly showed that skill more often.

Question for you is what else would you have him do off the ball on the offensive side? He posted up every time he had a smaller defender on him. DLO knew how to take advantage of smaller defenders.

Move into his post-up scoring spots and demand the ball, especially when he's got an advantage over smaller players. He didn't seem as aggressive getting the ball back as he could have and he didn't post up as much as he should have after the initial pass. Once again, not sure if it's a system issue or DLO himself for why that was, but DLO was pretty money on post up situations and a huge threat passing or shooting.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo and KCP and its not even close.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo and KCP is a better tandem than DLo and Lonzo. Defensively it is a lot better because KCP can stay in front of the quicker guards. On offense, I think KCP and DLo are a little closer. KCP would be much better than DLo on the break and in the half court I would say it's equal. They shoot about the same from 3. KCP shot 40 percent from 3 prior to his shoulder injury in January.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Just curious. If we did sign 2 max FA next year how much can we pay KCP? (Let's assume we would also make room for that too by moving a player if needed).
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

Bruce Lee — 'Its like a finger pointing away to the moon. Dont concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.'
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Just curious. If we did sign 2 max FA next year how much can we pay KCP? (Let's assume we would also make room for that too by moving a player if needed).

Look at it this way. Rich Paul got Tristan Thompson $80m. Casey P is going to get paid. We could have kept Nwaba but their number was of course $18m for Casey P to sign with us. But I understand this is business and $700k is a lot of money however you look at it.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

Time horizon and risk tolerance. Russell and Lonzo had the potential to be a much better duo while KCP and Lonzo are better right now, especially due to fit.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-dangelo-russell-wanted-to-play-defense-in-los-angeles/

Really not a good answer from the kid IMO
I'm sure he didn't mean it as he said, but answers like this are just the type of answer that the LA media were goat.ing at the mouth for during his time here
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

If we signed Lebron and George; renounced Randle, and managed to trade Deng and Clarkson without taking anyone back, we might be able to create $9-10 million in cap space.

If we trade Clarkson and stretch Deng in order to sign two max free agents, we'd pretty much be out of cap room.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

DAR would actually unlock Zo's off-ball opportunities and provide better PnR play/hockey assists.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-dangelo-russell-wanted-to-play-defense-in-los-angeles/

Really not a good answer from the kid IMO
I'm sure he didn't mean it as he said, but answers like this are just the type of answer that the LA media were goat.ing at the mouth for during his time here

I think that's actually a good explaination by Russell, regardless of the context of it, he couldn't play at both ends cause we didn't have anyone on the team to pass the ball to.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

You can't really wrap your head around the DLO trade, without seeing it was the price of getting rid of one of the Deng/Mozgov contracts, to have room for 2 max free agents next year.

Also I'll give the organization the benefit of the doubt, that they saw enough of Kuzma to believe trading DLO to get a first round pick to draft Kuzma was part of their plan too. We get Brook Lopez for 1 year, and he starts the season a much better player than either Mozgov or Deng.

Magic found DLO wanting, he didn't see him being here as part of the long term solution at either PG or SG, and maybe believed he would be a polarizing figure to not only losing the PG spot, but maybe likely to lose a lot of the buzz about being a fan favorite. DLO was seen in a negative light over the Young incident, bashed a lot on ESPN, how would he handle not being the "new hotness" when Ball came to town, and Magic praising Ball, not Russell?

We would have suffered I believe if we didn't get the 1 year deal for Pope. But he is here for at least a year. If we get PG13, then KCP is likely gone. But Russell didn't endear himself enough to the Lakers, especially off the court, leadership, etc., so he got shipped to Jersey, it's done. I liked DLO's play more so than I liked Randle's, but Magic decided to kill more than 1 bird with the stone, so we'll see how it works out.

BTW, can you imagine Levar Ball laying into Russell, if his son played well, and DLO pouted or didn't play well? The Lakers cleared up 2 problems, DLO and Mozgov, got Lopez for a year, got Kuzma in the draft, and are seeking 2 max free agents. Welcome to the Magic era.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:

If we signed Lebron and George; renounced Randle, and managed to trade Deng and Clarkson without taking anyone back, we might be able to create $9-10 million in cap space.

If we trade Clarkson and stretch Deng in order to sign two max free agents, we'd pretty much be out of cap room.

Interesting. In this scenario, if we signed Cousins instead of Lebron, that extra 5 million would give us around 15 million for KCP. If he took that, we could roll with a roster like this:

Lonzo
KCP
George
Ingram
Cousins

If possible, I'd much prefer this over signing a 34 year old Lebron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: