Does Julius Randle Improve His Main Weaknesses This Season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Randle Adequately Improve His Overall Defense and 3pt Shooting Next Season to No Longer Call Those Two Areas Significant Weaknesses?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 68 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 83 ]
Total Votes : 151

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject:

How Julius Randle’s improved conditioning could jumpstart upcoming Lakers’ season

The game looked easy for Julius Randle, as he bullied his opponents with drives to the basket at one end of the court and blocked shots at the rim at the other.

Granted, Randle performed these duties in recent pickup games at the Drew League, the L.A. pro-am league that features assorted players from the NBA, overseas and college teams. After devoting his offseason to conditioning drills, usually three times a day, though, Randle believes he can show the same kind of speed and mobility wearing a Lakers uniform.

“I’ll be able to move and not have to think about it,” Randle said. “It will be effortless.”

That’s because Randle said he currently weighs 243 pounds at 6 percent body fat after playing last season with a 258-pound frame at 13 percent body fat. Randle said he focused more on following through on the Lakers’ request that he improve his conditioning than worrying about them including him in the failed Paul George trade proposals.

“That stuff is not in my control,” Randle said. “What happened and what didn’t, I don’t know. But at the end of the day, all I can control is just me working on my game and get prepared for the next season.”

To do that, Randle teamed up with personal trainer Amolia Cesar and “completely changed my lifestyle.” Randle respectfully declined to state his goals for his fourth NBA season, but he sounded optimistic because he’s “just locked in.”

Randle, who started all of last season, also believed the Lakers can “do a lot of damage” with several options at the power forward spot. That includes Randle, third-year forward Larry Nance Jr., rookie forward Kyle Kuzma and possibly veteran forward Luol Deng.

“Trying to play positionless basketball,” Randle said. “We’ll all be able to work together.”
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/25/how-julius-randles-improved-conditioning-could-jumpstart-upcoming-lakers-season/

GREAT NEWS!!!
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

he missed like 3 dunks just in highlights alone...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:

the one hander under the hoop is the one that always interests me.. If he had big hands he'd be able to make that dunk -- he never ever dunks with one hand under the hoop, like a lot of bigmen do. But if he's a good finisher regardless, it's fine - think it would make him a great finisher
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

the one hander under the hoop is the one that always interests me.. If he had big hands he'd be able to make that dunk -- he never ever dunks with one hand under the hoop, like a lot of bigmen do. But if he's a good finisher regardless, it's fine - think it would make him a great finisher

Well hes not a good finisher...layup-no.....dunk=no....Lob..no

And 1/3 of his rebounds are of his own misses

Boy wont be here after this year.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Isn't he a good finisher? by the numbers...that's the truth if so

and..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Stop making things up, you have no idea what you are posting about. He averaged 2 offensive boards a game on 8-9 rebounds per game. Got math?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Dude... ONE PAGE BACK!!!

LakerSanity wrote:
PFs/Cs Who Shot Worse Than Randle at the Rim (W/in 3 Ft or Less) Last Season (>63.4%) :

Joel Embiid
Enes Kanter
Jonas Valanciunas
James Johnson
Draymond Green
Jimmy Butler
Tarik Black
Zack Randolph
Greg Monroe
Paul Millsap
DeMarcus Cousins
Marquese Chriss
Markieff Morris
Marcus Morris
Nikola Vucevic
Dario Saric
Zaza Pachulia
Derick Favors
Ivica Zubac
Pau Gasol
Ed Davis
Jusuf Nurkic
Willy Hernangomez
Juan Hernangomez
Marvin Williams
Thon Maker
Jakob Poeltl
David West
Frank Kaminsky
Patrick Patterson
Kevin Love
Carmelo Anthony
Ryan Anderson
Noah Vonleh
Miles Plumlee
Domantas Sabonis
Robin Lopez
Joakim Noah

Guards/Wings Who Shot Worse Than Randle (>63%) at the Rim Last Season:

Kyrie Irving
John Wall
Chris Paul
Jrue Holiday
Isaiah Thomas
Nicolas Batum
Russell Westbrook
Damian Lillard
Jimmy Butler
Paul George
Luol Deng
Eric Bledsoe
Ketavious Caldwell-Pope
Jordan Clarkson
Goran Dragic
Jonathon Simmons
C.J. McCollum
Derick Rose

There are obviously hundreds more than just these players who I could add to the lists, but just picked out the ones who stood out the most.

Seriously there has to be some kind of deterrent to people just blatantly disregarding evidence or video to keep pushing the same stuff over and over again. They have such strong opinions but literally ONE PAGE BACK is a post that someone took the time on to show these things that aren't true and yet they go about it like these things don't exist. It's tiring.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: