Jordan Clarkson Says "Lakers are going to be scary"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kei122
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Jordan Clarkson Says "Lakers are going to be scary"

Jordan Clarkson visited SiriusXM recently and talked Magic Johnson, Lonzo Ball, KCP and the upcoming Lakers season. Here's a snippet of the interview:
Link:

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

Scary as in run teams off the court, yes. Imo they will pile up a few wins just based on some teams not being able to keep up. Hopefully they get to 35 wins. If they add some surprising performances defensively, they might get close to 40 wins. Anything over 35 is a step in the right direction.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Scary as in run teams off the court, yes. Imo they will pile up a few wins just based on some teams not being able to keep up. Hopefully they get to 35 wins. If they add some surprising performances defensively, they might get close to 40 wins. Anything over 35 is a step in the right direction.

That's exactly the number I had in mind too. With a shooter at center like Lopez, and the other parts fitting, offense should be fine. But IF we gel on defense, watch out!!
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

That's exactly the number I had in mind too. With a shooter at center like Lopez, and the other parts fitting, offense should be fine. But IF we gel on defense, watch out!!

I really wish that they will go after a defensive assistant
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

If Ball can play 82 games and high 30s minutes... yes. If he breaks down and needs a lot of rest then I don't see how it will be much different than last season unless Ingram has an all star level season himself.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Any candidates?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

Teams are going to have nightmares about us. We're gonna be a 9:30 team.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

I have high hopes the defense will be much improved. Not a lockdown top 10 type but improved. If they can improve to even the high teens and potentially score as efficiently as I think they can they are going to be a tough out every night.

Think the addition of KCPs intensity will make a big difference. Looking forward to seeing him and Ingram working together. Also Ball is not a one on one defender but his team defense and ability to anticaipate will blend well.

Lopez is fairly mobile and intelligent. Again not a defensive stalwart but improved. PF has some interesting options and depth.

Lakers still need to add a player or two but I think the potential overall could be scary. Hope that Clarkson can be a part of it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

Do the Lakers even know who JC is?
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I have high hopes the defense will be much improved. Not a lockdown top 10 type but improved. If they can improve to even the high teens and potentially score as efficiently as I think they can they are going to be a tough out every night.

Think the addition of KCPs intensity will make a big difference. Looking forward to seeing him and Ingram working together. Also Ball is not a one on one defender but his team defense and ability to anticaipate will blend well.

Lopez is fairly mobile and intelligent. Again not a defensive stalwart but improved. PF has some interesting options and depth.

Lakers still need to add a player or two but I think the potential overall could be scary. Hope that Clarkson can be a part of it.

Ball is a real gritty player on defensive. I love that play when he attempted the steal, but he recovered and got the nice block. Impressive
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Any candidates?

Buddy Ryan!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:

Ball is a real gritty player on defensive. I love that play when he attempted the steal, but he recovered and got the nice block. Impressive

I agree. Underrated defender during the whole draft process.

Not expecting him to dial it in and shutdown drives. Just not that player. But he is tougher, works hard and uses positioning on defense better then he gets credit for IMO. Solid team defender.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:

I agree. Underrated defender during the whole draft process.

Not expecting him to dial it in and shutdown drives. Just not that player. But he is tougher, works hard and uses positioning on defense better then he gets credit for IMO. Solid team defender.

He's underrated athletically too, which will help him a lot on defense.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

Magic & Rob be like... Who's Dat?!?!?!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

Who is Clark's son and why do people keep talking about this guy?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Rob knows all about him. In fact, let me tell you a story, it comes from the book of Leviticus...

Last edited by 2019 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

In all seriousness, I have a feeling Jordan Clarkson would thrive playing with Lonzo Ball.
LB2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
In all seriousness, I have a feeling Jordan Clarkson would thrive playing with Lonzo Ball.

Yeah but who wouldn't?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

They do, but it's like the gf everyone knows you are going to break up with, only she doesn't know it yet, so she keeps talking about the house you will buy together and the family you will build. Meanwhile, all your friends look around awkwardly wondering why you haven't broken up with her yet, and no one dares talk to her or get too close.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

"... after they trade me in a salary dump"
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Good point. We focus on playing the type of game similar to golden state etc. sometimes it gets lost they're very good defensively. And, of course, Kerr basically concedes this was a result of Mark Jackson's coaching (when he was the head coach).
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

is Jordan going to be watching our games on NBA TV? That's cool, no hard feelings then...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Teams are going to have nightmares about us. We're gonna be a 9:30 team.

Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

he's gotta learn to give up the rock.

Clarkson is a ball stopper and an over dribbler..

our uptempo offense doesn't work with a guy who does that.

hopefully the passing becomes contagious that even clarkson buys in.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Any candidates?

Buddy Ryan!

Dead
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: