Kyrie Irving wants to be traded.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Lebron to the Rockets. Can't you see it coming?

The banana boat eh? One thing about those state taxes, there's endorsements, and someone like lebron would have an investment portfolio approaching $500m now.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I think this was a given

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/23/report-lebron-james-wont-waive-his-no-trade-clause/

Quote:
Report: LeBron James won’t waive his no-trade clause

They Cavaliers have had a frustratingly lousy offseason.

They ousted trusted general manager David Griffin. Since, they’ve watched Golden State load up while their roster stagnates, as stars like Paul George and Jimmy Butler have landed elsewhere. Now, Kyrie Irving is requesting a trade and reportedly blaming LeBron James for that leaking.

LeBron has practically thrown up his hands and left ownership and management to figure out everything.

But LeBron – with rumors swirling about him leaving in 2018 free agency – won’t take an earlier exit.

Chris Haynes of ESPN:

LeBron James will not waive his no-trade clause for any teams at any point during the 2017-18 season, league sources tell ESPN.

Cleveland essentially has two options with Irving:

1. Trade him for better, older players

2. Trade him for worse, younger players

No. 2 becomes much more palatable if the Cavs can also flip LeBron (and Kevin Love) and launch into a full rebuild. But as long as LeBron is around, it’s hard not to contend for a title.

But if they trade Irving for immediate help and LeBron leaves next summer, the Cavaliers could be left with a ghastly roster. That might be the risk they’re forced to take now.

It’s hard to believe the Cavs would trade beloved LeBron, even if he didn’t hold veto power. It would turn owner Dan Gilbert and general manager Koby Altman into Cleveland villains, co-conspirators in LeBron leaving again. If Gilbert and Altman dare LeBron to leave in free agency, LeBron would have to own the decision himself.

Still, if LeBron and Irving would return incredible hauls of younger players and draft picks – I can’t even imagine what LeBron would draw in a trade – Gilbert and Altman should at least consider it. It just doesn’t seem the Cavs will have that option.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I find TerezOwens suspect this is very plausible though

http://terezowens.com/theres-another-reason-kyrie-irving-allegedly-wants-out-of-cleveland/

Quote:
Many are still speculating over what the real reason is behind Kyrie Irving wanting out of Cleveland. The timing is strange, and no one saw the signs coming, not even LeBron, as the media claims. Our story is LeBron knew this was gong to happen. This reason may make sense if you believe our source, who tells us, “Word is Kyrie wants a trade because LeBron banged his girl, it’s all hush hush right now, but Kryie is over LeBron, and really wants nothing to do with him at this point” says our source. This definitely sounds plausible, and we know there have always been rumors about LeBron’s exploits with women not named Savannah. These two were definitely pretty tight at one time, so to see this premature breakup is definitely making people scratch their heads. LeBron also says he’s not intervening, and will let the front office deal with it, doesn’t sound very LeBron like at all. This has to be it.-TO

Then it's easy. Just have Kyrie pull a Delonte West and everyone can get back to work.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

The Cavs were right there with them for much of Game 2. They had the lead late in Game 3 and should've won. .

The Cavs lost game 2 by 19 points. The Warriors were up by double digits most of the second half.

It wasn't a close series. The Cavs lost 1-4, and they were beat by an average of 15 points in those 4 losses.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:

The Cavs were right there with them for much of Game 2. They had the lead late in Game 3 and should've won. .

The Cavs lost game 2 by 19 points. The Warriors were up by double digits most of the second half.

It wasn't a close series. The Cavs lost 1-4, and they were beat by an average of 15 points in those 4 losses.

There 1 win was comically reffed as well. 4 Warriors with 2 fouls within 10 minutes (gee, which 4...). Something to behold.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject:

SO, NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY WITH BRON ANY MORE?
SHOCKING!!
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject:

Kyrie loves the lottery
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

IMO Kyre is a selfish player. He wants to be #1, wants everything to revolve around him, doesn't like LeBron being the team focus, doesn't want to play with James anymore . If he goes to a contender will he be the focus?

Wanna be #1, stay in Cleveland, wait till next season, LBJ will be gone, you'll be the focus. You won't win a ship but you'll be the focus.

Keep it up Irving, we'll take LBJ in 2018, along with PG13.

DO IT MAGIC!!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:

There 1 win was comically reffed as well. 4 Warriors with 2 fouls within 10 minutes (gee, which 4...). Something to behold.

The Cavs won by the skin of their teeth last year -- Green was suspended for a game, Curry played badly, the Warriors couldn't hit a shot in the last 6 minutes of game 7.

And that was before they added Durant.

No one is in the Warriors class right now.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

If I'm Nola I would offer Cousins and who ever not AD for TT and Kyrie

Cavs dump TT cancer deal and get a Good center and Nola gets a Star PG to place with AD
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IMO Kyre is a selfish player. He wants to be #1, wants everything to revolve around him, doesn't like LeBron being the team focus, doesn't want to play with James anymore . If he goes to a contender will he be the focus?

Wanna be #1, stay in Cleveland, wait till next season, LBJ will be gone, you'll be the focus. You won't win a ship but you'll be the focus.

Keep it up Irving, we'll take LBJ in 2018, along with PG13.

DO IT MAGIC!!!!

Staying in Cleveland is like standing around waiting to rule after the apocalypse takes place. Although heading to NY would be to accelerate that process
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie is taking a chance on himself. If he was Kobe size I would be begging Lbj to waive his no trade clause. Minnesota would be a good place for him. Thibbs will give him free reign.

If I'm the Cavs you got to get the best deal. The Suns are intriguing. If I'm the Cavs I need Bledsoe, Jackson, and Chandler. They got to take at least Iman.

Then I looked to unload Tristan.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

Cavs dump TT cancer deal and get a Good center and Nola gets a Star PG to place with AD

That is a good deal for both teams.Cavs would probably need a pg and a 1st. NO should do it.

I think with Cousins on the expiring his contract is less valuable in this situation. Not to mention, Cousins and AD is a bad mix.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
RG73 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Something is seriously going wrong in Cleveland. This is even though they had, at least on paper, as good a roster as they had last year when the won the title. Instead of counting his blessings and knowing that they are one move away from winning another title in 2018, Lebron apparently starts making noise through his camp or whatever that he is leaving after next year. Before the finals are even over.

If that's all true, I don't blame Kyrie for wanting out. If Lebron does leave Cleveland next summer, I will lose almost all respect for him as a leader.

So it's Lebron's fault that the owner didn't want to pay for a GM? And it is Lebron's fault that they couldn't put a better supporting cast around him? And it is not Lebron's right to take his services wherever he feels so inclined? He brought a championship to his home state. Now he's playing for a lunatic owner who runs a dysfunctional team. Why is it a reflection on his leadership if he chooses to play somewhere else? That is the definition of free agent, no? He isn't the one forcing a trade, merely making it known he's leaving when he is no longer contractually obligated.

In 2015 Lebron publically called for Dan Gilbert to pay Tristan Thompson and JR Smith more than they were worth on the market. Especially Thompson, since they gave him almost the max when he's merely a role player. Before that he wanted them to trade Wiggins for Kevin Love, which many people question. Now the Cavs are over the max. Maybe all they really need is an effective 3 and D player. Or maybe if Lebron defers much of his ball handling responsibilities to Irving so that he can focus more on D it would be a big step in the right direction.

Obviously Lebron has the right to be a free agent. But I question whether leaving a team that has a young borderline superstar in Irving, and a team that isn't exactly old and washed up is a wise choice.

All of those moves led to two more Finals and a title though. The only reason those moves didn't work for another title is because the Warriors put in the cheat code by practically adding Durant for nothing.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject:

Isn't it sort of weird that out of all the years that Cleveland tanked for LeBron, all the years they competed with his first run with them, all the years they tanked for Kyrie, Waiters, Thompson, Bennett, and Wiggins after he left, the three years in which they were contenders and again, and out all their future years in the lottery, that they only have one championship to show for it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Isn't it sort of weird that out of all the years that Cleveland tanked for LeBron, all the years they competed with his first run with them, all the years they tanked for Kyrie, Waiters, Thompson, Bennett, and Wiggins after he left, the three years in which they were contenders and again, and out all their future years in the lottery, that they only have one championship to show for it?

"Only one championship" is hardly a trivial thing.

Half the teams in the NBA have never won a championship in their entire history.

Only about a quarter of the teams in the NBA have won two rings in their history.

Only four of the 30 teams have won more than two rings in their franchise history.

Ten years of planning and building to win one ring is a huge success for any team that isn't the Lakers, Boston or Chicago.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Half the teams in the NBA have never won a championship in their entire history.

Only about a quarter of the teams in the NBA have won two rings in their history.

Only four of the 30 teams have won more than two rings in their franchise history.

Ten years of planning and building to win one ring is a huge success for any team that isn't the Lakers, Boston or Chicago.

More like fifteen years, plus another five in the lottery after LeBron leaves...

joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

That is a good deal for both teams.Cavs would probably need a pg and a 1st. NO should do it.

I think with Cousins on the expiring his contract is less valuable in this situation. Not to mention, Cousins and AD is a bad mix.

The Cavs' real GM (No. 23) would likely disagree with wanting to trade for Cousins. Lebron clearly does not care for a dominant interior big men on his team taking away space for him to operate in the paint. He prefers his bigs to take their offense outside of the key.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

How many of those teams have Lebron James? For the Cavs while 1 championship broke the Cleveland curse, the Cavs as a franchise basically underperformed with the talent they had while they had Lebron. Teams with transcendent talents like a Lebron, MJ, Kobe, Kareem, Magic etc usually win multiple rings but the Cavs only won 1.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

More like fifteen years, plus another five in the lottery after LeBron leaves...

Still a huge success. I don't think either Miami or Cleveland would trade their Lebron experience for anything. Because without Lebron, during those years they'd be the Raptors or the Hornets -- teams you forget are even in the league.

Because the Lakers have had such huge success, we often forget the reality for other teams. But we've gone 7 years without a ring, and while we can dream of landing big free agents or our rookies developing, right now there is no clear path to our next finals return.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

How many of those teams have Lebron James? For the Cavs while 1 championship broke the Cleveland curse, the Cavs as a franchise basically underperformed with the talent they had while they had Lebron. Teams with transcendent talents like a Lebron, MJ, Kobe, Kareem, Magic etc usually win multiple rings but the Cavs only won 1.

Wilt, Kareem (with Milwaukee), Oscar Robertson, Moses Malone, Dr. J, Jerry West, Shaq (with Orlando), and Durant (with OKC) remind us that transcendent talent doesn't always win multiple times. Heck sometimes they don't even win once.

But I certainly agree that the Cavs weren't able to put much talent around Lebron during his first go-around with the team.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

Anyone else thinks Kyrie will stay put. Cavs management is in a lose-lose situation so they might as well have a working dysfunctional environment for next season. Regardless of what people might think is happening between Lebron and Kyrie behind the scenes, the Cavs have actually managed to improve after the Rose signing. After next season all bets are off, Lebron might leave, giving Kyrie the team he always wanted. So they really have no incentive to move him this season.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Anyone else thinks Kyrie will stay put. Cavs management is in a lose-lose situation so they might as well have a working dysfunctional environment for next season. Regardless of what people might think is happening between Lebron and Kyrie behind the scenes, the Cavs have actually managed to improve after the Rose signing. After next season all bets are off, Lebron might leave, giving Kyrie the team he always wanted. So they really have no incentive to move him this season.
The incentive is that he currently is locked into the next two years of his current contract. If they don't trade him this season, they risk being in the same situation as Indiana with PG.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Teams with multiple talents like that win multiple titles. You will rarely find instances of teams with elite talent winning without other elite talent on the team.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Teams with multiple talents like that win multiple titles. You will rarely find instances of teams with elite talent winning without other elite talent on the team.

Kyrie is definitely better than Pau Gasol.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11
Jump to: