Kyrie Irving wants to be traded.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised that they didn't move Kyrie for CP3 though. CP3 gets to play with his buddy LBJ and he basically gets a free ride to the NBA Finals year after year.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I'm surprised that they didn't move Kyrie for CP3 though. CP3 gets to play with his buddy LBJ and he basically gets a free ride to the NBA Finals year after year.

Yeah, that would have been a great deal for both teams... Chris Paul is just as good as Kyrie and Clippers get to extend their window.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

I think Kyrie kind of blindsided them with his trade request, and they probably don't trade him for CP without him saying he wants out.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Anyone else thinks Kyrie will stay put. Cavs management is in a lose-lose situation so they might as well have a working dysfunctional environment for next season. Regardless of what people might think is happening between Lebron and Kyrie behind the scenes, the Cavs have actually managed to improve after the Rose signing. After next season all bets are off, Lebron might leave, giving Kyrie the team he always wanted. So they really have no incentive to move him this season.

They might look into trading him, but they're not going to have a fire sale. They're going to compete for a ring this year. And if Lebron leaves, Kyrie is still under contract next season, so a lot could change.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/25/adam-silver-i-feel-bad-for-whats-ever-is-going-on-in-cleveland/

Quote:
Adam Silver: ‘I feel bad for what’s-ever is going on in Cleveland’

Kyrie Irving‘s trade request has injected excitement into an NBA offseason that was slipping into a slow period, give or take a Carmelo Anthony trade.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver on The Rich Eisen Show:

I love the interest. I’m not ecstatic about the drama.

I feel bad for what’s-ever is going on in Cleveland, and I have no first-hand information. But I assume where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Brian Windhorst has sort of been cataloguing LeBron’s career for a long time, and he usually has very accurate insights from that team.

It’s upsetting to hear that, when you see superstar players who have co-existed, who had so much success together – obviously three Finals in a row, one championship – to hear that, for whatever reason, there’s a sense that they can’t continue to co-exist. Yeah, that’s drama, but it’s not necessarily the kind of drama that the league wants.

Silver knows he probably can’t break up the Warriors, so he wanted teams to step up and compete with Golden State. The Cavaliers had been the league’s best hope the last few years, and LeBron James ensures they remain a title contender. But this disarray hurts their chances.

If you’re wearing a tin-foil hat, remember what happened last time Silver felt bad for Cleveland…
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Isn't it sort of weird that out of all the years that Cleveland tanked for LeBron, all the years they competed with his first run with them, all the years they tanked for Kyrie, Waiters, Thompson, Bennett, and Wiggins after he left, the three years in which they were contenders and again, and out all their future years in the lottery, that they only have one championship to show for it?

And Then Along Came Jones (Golden State Warriors)

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Kyrie is definitely better than Pau Gasol.

I feel just the opposite. Kyrie is flashy and has had some "wow" moments, like that daggar in game 7 a couple of seasons ago. But Gasol performs at a high level more consistently, and he has a huge advantage on the defensive side of the court. I'd take Gasol over Kyrie in a heartbeat.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

Geez, Kyrie...at least try to be subtle.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

Wonder if those rumors were really true. I mean the gossip about Lebron and his significant other. I mean it looks like their relationship has gone a complete 180 where they have disdain towards each other. I guess management can let them play with each other for a year and see if their off court dislike for each other translates to on court. Or they can just trade him and get pennies on the dollar in return.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Geez, Kyrie...at least try to be subtle.

he actually says he's coming home to america in the unphotoshopped version
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Irving unfollows Lebron on snapchat

Man, what is going on in Cleveland
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I feel just the opposite. Kyrie is flashy and has had some "wow" moments, like that daggar in game 7 a couple of seasons ago. But Gasol performs at a high level more consistently, and he has a huge advantage on the defensive side of the court. I'd take Gasol over Kyrie in a heartbeat.

Did you forget him going out there dropping like 40 on 70% shooting? Finals game winners, outplaying basically the best offensive player in the league etc.. Kyrie is definitely better than Pau Gasol.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Who will be traded first? Kyrie or Melo?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Did you forget him going out there dropping like 40 on 70% shooting? Finals game winners, outplaying basically the best offensive player in the league etc.. Kyrie is definitely better than Pau Gasol.

Yup, I know. I watched the game. Kyrie played great in that game and that series. Overall, I just think Pau is better, particularly since he makes an impact on the defensive end that Kyrie doesn't. Cool if you think otherwise.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Good luck getting activeverb to concede any points that would go against lebron lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Good luck getting activeverb to concede any points that would go against lebron lol

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

There's nothing like playing on a superteam to get a guy overrated. I wouldn't rank Irving as one of the top 10 players in the league, and probably not one of the top 20. He has developed into a decent scorer who can run up big numbers when the defenses focus their attention on Lebron. His defense is still awful. It's not Isaiah Thomas awful, but he's not as "good" as Harden.

If Irving actually manages to get out of Cleveland, he's in for a rude shock. If he goes to the Knicks . . . oh, boy.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

Would you put Kyrie above or below John Wall, and by how much?

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

If you had to pick one to lead your team, Wall hands down.

Kyrie has already shown us he's incapable of being the man on a playoff bound team.

As a #2 option behind LBJ, Irving.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

That's the difference between us. For you Irving versus Gasol is all about LeBron. For me Irving versus Gasol is all about Irving and Gasol.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

can you blame Kyrie for taking shots at LeBron? it was all in house until LeBron's camp aka Windhorst leaked it to the media that Kyrie wants out and tried to make Kyrie out to be the bad guy becuase he didnt want to play 2nd fiddle to LeBron anymore.. even though thats not true. hell i'd be pissed to.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Kyrie has already shown us he's incapable of being the man on a playoff bound team.

Kyrie as a player is a lot better now than he was 3 seasons ago. So I think this complaint that he can't lead a team is something that was based on what he was doing when he was relatively new to the NBA.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

There's nothing like playing on a superteam to get a guy overrated. I wouldn't rank Irving as one of the top 10 players in the league, and probably not one of the top 20. He has developed into a decent scorer who can run up big numbers when the defenses focus their attention on Lebron. His defense is still awful. It's not Isaiah Thomas awful, but he's not as "good" as Harden. .

After coming off his finals heroics and having his best regular season ever, Kyrie finished #8 in voting among guards for the all-NBA team (tied with Klay Thompson).

That's #8 just among guards. He came in #25 in vote totals for all positions.

While that is by no means a perfect measure of a player's standing, it sure tells you something.

Irving is what he is: A flashy player capable of having some huge scoring games as a second banana, but with a lot of limitations to his game.
JohnWick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

John Wall. He's the better leader, passer, defender, and rebounder.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Kyrie as a player is a lot better now than he was 3 seasons ago. So I think this complaint that he can't lead a team is something that was based on what he was doing when he was relatively new to the NBA.

His record without Lebron is pretty bad. But read below:

Quote:
In three seasons since LeBron’s arrival, including both regular season and playoffs, Irving-led units, with LeBron on the bench, have been outscored by 2.1 points per 100 possessions, per NBA Wowy. That -2.1 net rating is much better than the -11.5 net rating the Cavs have compiled with both LeBron and Kyrie off the court, but it’s significantly worse than the 9.8 net rating with LeBron in the game and Kyrie sitting. And when Kyrie and LeBron share the floor, that number only jumps to 10.4.

(Yahoo Sports/Henry Bushnell)
More
The main reason for the disparities: defense. To illustrate the point, we can specify the on-/off-court comparisons, as CBS Sports’ Matt More did on Twitter. Over the past three seasons, the Cavs are plus-10.1 points per 100 possessions when James, Irving and Tristan Thompson are in the game. When Irving sits, but James and Thompson play, Cleveland is plus-8.3. But the way they achieve those similar marks is very different. The threesome that includes Irving scores a whopping 117.2 points per 100 possessions; that rate falls to 111.0 per 100 without Irving. But the with-Irving groups allow opponents to score 107.1 points per 100 trips, while the without-Irving groups are more stingy at 102.7 per 100 possessions.

Irving just isn’t a good on-ball defender, nor is his off-ball ability anything to write home about. His effort oscillates between uninterested and energy-conserving, and his alertness is unreliable. He’s been a minus defender in each of his six NBA seasons, his defensive box plus-minus ranging from -0.9 (2013-14) to -2.3 (2016-17).

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/will-kyrie-irving-better-worse-off-without-lebron-james-174620187.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11
Jump to: