Trading for LeBron right now
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Trading for LeBron right now

On the local ESPN radio show yesterday, Mason and Ireland had Ramona as their guest. They were discussing the fact that it might be a wise decision to trade LeBron now rather than lose him to FA. In most cases, its best to trade stars when they wont commit (lakers: see Dwight Howard) as its better to get something over nothing.

So Ramona initially says she would trade BI, KK and 2 first round #1's to get him - then says possibly ANY 3 players (except Lonzo) including BI to get him. And she says the deal would be done in a heartbeat if it was her.

My reaction is this: Barring injures, no one is beating GS for at least 2 years. LJ is going to be 33 next year, with a lot of mileage on him. Why would you mortgage your future for a few good years of LJ when you have little chance of winning with him now on a team you will have decimated with trades?

I really hope Ramona never gets close to working in the FO of the lakers if this is what she thinks is a great deal - what do you guys think of trading for LJ now? My feeling is sign him as a FA (just like PG) and don't look to mortgage the future to get him now - thoughts?
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject:

I think that is crazy
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

That would be a stupid trade.

I'm not even that enthusiastic about LeBron joining in the first place but if he joins, it will be in FA.

The value of Ingram, Zo, and Kuz are their potential production relative to their contract. Very hard to trade either of them. That is the only way you can make a dominant team. Ws got lucky by paying Steph 11 million per year given his early injury history.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Wow that's ridiculous. LeBron has 0 loyalty in his blood. Even if he didn't have a NTC, you're going to trade your future for him when he could just walk in a year? And for what? Who the hell would he be playing with this season? This is why I don't listen to the radio or watch that nonsense on ESPN. These "expert" opinions are no better than some crazed random on a message board.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Trading for LeBron right now

foreveralakerfan wrote:
On the local ESPN radio show yesterday, Mason and Ireland had Ramona as their guest. They were discussing the fact that it might be a wise decision to trade LeBron now rather than lose him to FA. In most cases, its best to trade stars when they wont commit (lakers: see Dwight Howard) as its better to get something over nothing.

So Ramona initially says she would trade BI, KK and 2 first round #1's to get him - then says possibly ANY 3 players (except Lonzo) including BI to get him. And she says the deal would be done in a heartbeat if it was her.

My reaction is this: Barring injures, no one is beating GS for at least 2 years. LJ is going to be 33 next year, with a lot of mileage on him. Why would you mortgage your future for a few good years of LJ when you have little chance of winning with him now on a team you will have decimated with trades?

I really hope Ramona never gets close to working in the FO of the lakers if this is what she thinks is a great deal - what do you guys think of trading for LJ now? My feeling is sign him as a FA (just like PG) and don't look to mortgage the future to get him now - thoughts?

First off Ramona needs to do us all a favor a shut the F up, and also no way trade for a guy who might in year anyways. Damn she's stupid.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

Ramona is a tireless, diligent worker, obviously intelligent coming from Stanford, but she lacks the true basketball knowledge that one gets from watching obsessively for years or even decades. I have no doubt, if she stays employed for ten more years that by sheer willpower that she will learn what is necessary to become great at her job because she is that hard working. But comments like this expose that she isn't quite there yet.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

Hasn't Ramona been writing enough about the Knicks recently to notice the post-Melo apocalyptic purgatory Knicks fans suffer through since the Denver trade? Use your head Momo.

Last edited by K2 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject:

Jordan Clark's son, Jew, Leeus Randle, and Lew Old Dang for El BJ

Take it or leave it
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject:

Ramona is an idiot.

Ingram is gonna be a Laker for a long time. He's gonna be one of the next great two way stars in the NBA.

Trading him for a 33 year old LeBron who can just sign here in a year is stupid.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

Nevermind, this makes no sense. It's not even worth discussing imo.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

I say no to lebron, unless he wants to swallow his pride and play for the vet minimum after next year. Fat chance on that happening though, him playing for that salary or swallowing his pride. I say no to the drama queen.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

So Ramona wants to trade our 2nd and 3rd best prospects plus multiple future firsts for a 33 year old superstar who might leave? Worse than the Nash trade.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

We will do our due diligence for both Kyrie & Lebron, but nothing will come of it. We have no need for Kyrie because we have Ball running the show at point. We will ask about Lebron, but he's not ready to move. Depending on who Cleveland gets for Kyrie, this might convince Lebron to stay. Although, all sign points to Lebron leaving after this season. Plus trading for Kyrie means not making a run for Lebron in 2018.

I have nothing against Ireland or Ramona. I think they are both great at what they do, but I'm glad they aren't Magic & Pelinka. They said everyone but Ball can be traded, but there's no way would I include Ingram for one year of Lebron. If Lebron did want to be traded to the Lakers, I'm sure he'd want Ingram on the team anyways. With his no trade clause, Lebron holds all the cards here. He would also want his boy (or his boy's boy) KCP on the team as well. I would also try to keep Kuzma & Nance, but the rest can go in the trade. But it's unlikely the Lakers would hold on to Kuzma or Nance if Lebron was an option. So the only people safe in my opinion are Lonzoball, Jack Skellington, & Casey P.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

FYI I don't think Ramona is stupid. She knows what will get the average Lakers fan (read: not LGers) to perk their ears.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

I'd rather keep the youth and try and add a Paul George than to gut a team for a guy who will want to have our balls in a vice grip.

Best player or not, I dont want that hair line in LA.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject:

Yea gut the team for a 1 year rental that won't even win you a ring.

Ramona and Ireland are jackasses.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

I don't know how to say this gently but

Mason --> Strike 1
Ireland --> Strike 2
Ramona --> You're out!
VANEXELtoJONES
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

Anyone except Lonzo and Ingram would be cool.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

I would love to get him over here now. I would prefer he does an extension but if this is his preferred destination he is very likely to resign. Lonzo and BI are untouchable. JC/Randle/Draft picks to start the conversation.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
That would be a stupid trade.

I'm not even that enthusiastic about LeBron joining in the first place but if he joins, it will be in FA.

The value of Ingram, Zo, and Kuz are their potential production relative to their contract. Very hard to trade either of them. That is the only way you can make a dominant team. Ws got lucky by paying Steph 11 million per year given his early injury history.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

Same offer we sent to Indy for PG. Nothing. Rather wait for the Greek Freak to become a FA. Zo, KCP, Kuz, BI, Giannis. Until then, 1+1 for PG and LBJ. No trade for LBJ early. We must have a plan for Giannis. He could be the keystone for the next Laker dynasty.

Last edited by €H£M£$TR¥ on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Ramona is a tireless, diligent worker, obviously intelligent coming from Stanford, but she lacks the true basketball knowledge that one gets from watching obsessively for years or even decades. I have no doubt, if she stays employed for ten more years that by sheer willpower that she will learn what is necessary to become great at her job because she is that hard working. But comments like this expose that she isn't quite there yet.

Ramona is close to Jeanie, Jeanie wants a Laker in the home all star game. ?
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

Don't want to give up Ball, Ingram or Randle now. They're our future. Want to see them play with Kuzma and KCP/Clarkson/Thomas/Hart first: Randle, Kuzma, Ingram, KCP/Clarkson/Thomas/Hart, Ball
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Trading for LeBron right now

fontana3d wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:

First off Ramona needs to do us all a favor a shut the F up, and also no way trade for a guy who might in year anyways. Damn she's stupid.

Last edited by LakerLand247 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

no...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: