Miliic & arroyo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Miliic & arroyo

Ok if rumors are true. orlando is going to acquire those 2 for cato expiring and a pick. Now since we picked up kwame we could land those 2. i dont think cato is healthy enough to actually help them. would jj trade exception, mckie, slava and a pick do it. I know darko has not shown much but his game may fit the triangle and we could use some depth at the point. arroyo is less than perfect but could help this team a little. We would still have mihm and george and a pick in another deal. what do you guys think
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

darko is gonna blow up in orlando.. huge trade for them.
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:

No thankyou. We already have 1 bust. No need to add another.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

even though all u r giving up in the trade is a pick?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:

I would do that trade in a second. Kwame is already a bust, we could have Darko, who may be a bust with a jump shot. Arroyo is sometimes irratic, but he sees the floor pretty well and can score as well. We keep Odom and improve without giving up anything. Let's do it.
LakerJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

I'd do it. Really, we wouldn' thave much to lose, and we'd gain a decent pg.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

Oh yeah, give the best and most complete defensive team in the league the one thing they lack, strength on Post D. Shaq abuses the Wallace boys cause they can't defend low-block 1-on-1, Kwame can.

I'll pass on helping them out for DARKO or ARROYO.

:roll:
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject:

We need homeruns at this point if we're gonna contend. This move is low-risk, we're only giving up Kwame for god's sake. Just because milicic hasn't done anything doesn't mean he's a bust. The guy's been sitting on the bench. Could be a Jermaine O'Neal....
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

We are not gonna beat the Pistons in a Championship series this year. We won't beat them in a series next year either. Barring a homerun trade, this is the Pistons time now and our time is down the road (how far down, we don't know). The Lakers will never beat the current Pistons squad, but it's an aging squad, so who cares if we help them now when we're not in their league anyway? By the time that team starts to age and injure (and it's gonna happen, the Wallaces are both over 30, Chauncy is 29, and Tayshaun and Rip Hamilton are super injury-prone, we'll (hopefully) be ready to move into the spotlight.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

wait a second this trade was not giving up kwame i would not do that. i dont think you understood. since we picked up kwames 3rd year arroyos contract wont mess with the stupid 2007 plan. we would be giving up nothing but picks. i actually like kwame once they just realize he needs to play d and rebound. i think he can be a rebounding and defensive machine. and just forget the offensive end.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

But for Darko and Arroyo? Neither guy could help us be much better than we are right now. Arroyo is quick, but needs to work on his PG skills, doesn't have a "general" like game to him and seems to have went to the "Stephon Marbury school of How-to-Dribble-the-air-out-of-a-basketball". Darko can shoot 3s VERY nicely, but we already have Brian Cook.

Again, I'll pass.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

I think Slava's K could be used more wisely.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

r u serious for mckie, slava and jj expiring. wow what in the world do you guys think we can get for that pakcage. all we give up is a pick. it is a no brainer trade
suckycrapkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

Giving up Kwame would be too much. I would build a package around Cook in a heartbeat.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

I hope something happens
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
r u serious for mckie, slava and jj expiring. wow what in the world do you guys think we can get for that pakcage. all we give up is a pick. it is a no brainer trade

Giving up "only a pick" for crap is still bringing in crap.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
We need homeruns at this point if we're gonna contend. This move is low-risk, we're only giving up Kwame for god's sake. Just because milicic hasn't done anything doesn't mean he's a bust. The guy's been sitting on the bench. Could be a Jermaine O'Neal....

Wasn't that the same thing they were hoping for with Kwame?

But I'll also pass on this.[/b]
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
vicman wrote:

Giving up "only a pick" for crap is still bringing in crap.

ventura, are you kidding me?

Darko has shown flashes of being a TREMENDOUS shot blocker. His outside shot is really nice which is something absolutely necessary in the triangle. Carlos arroyo would be a nice offensive addition but his defense is weak.

All in all, a trade of Slava Mckie and jj exception for Darko and Arroyo puts us in the second round of the playoffs.

Mihm/Kwame/ Bynum
Darko/Cook
Odom/George
Kobe/ Sasha/Walton
Smush/Arroyo
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I agree we need to swing for the fences and gamble on some long shots to work out. I'd do a deal for Darko and Arroyo in a heartbeat. Darko has been sitting behind 2 all-stars, plus a former all-star in McDyess. As long as he's been there Detroit has had pressure on them to win now, so there's no way he could get any sort of playing time. Low risk, high reward if he works out, and his skills seem to fit the triangle well. In the euro's he was a blocking machine, something we definitely lack right now as well. If we can get him on the cheap, do it! Plus Arroyo gives us a solid scrappy backup point.
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

That's a no-brainer. You can never have too many 7-footers who has a knack for blocking shots.
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject:

what's more incredible is that Detroit would be willing to move Darko and Arroyo for Kelvin Cato and a number 1 pick AND WAIVE CATO? wow
if that is true, then Mitch needs to get on the phone and try to get a deal done.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I read that Detroit will likely waive Cato. They want the high draft pick and salary relief. Arroyo's minutes are already low and will likely get become zero once lindsay Hunter comes back. Darko is planted on the bench.

Given that, maybe the Lakers could make a play.

SGH
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
I read that Detroit will likely waive Cato. They want the high draft pick and salary relief. Arroyo's minutes are already low and will likely get become zero once lindsay Hunter comes back. Darko is planted on the bench.

Given that, maybe the Lakers could make a play.

SGH

Change the "could" to "should." Arroyo has been improving slightly under Detroit. And, I've always thought that Darko has been buried, especially when I hear his work ethic is very good in practice.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately we may not have an "in" here. The trade is good for both teams because Orlando is looking to get another young talented big (at a major discount!) and to get another PG so they can bench Pouty McPoutster (AKA Steve Francis). Detroit gets cap relief after they waive Cato so they can re-sign Wallace and another draft pick for the future.

I think the only way this doesn't happen is if Detroit feels they can't count on Lindsey Hunter (especially with his injury), or if someone else comes up with a much better offer before the deadline. I'd love it if we could do Slava (exp contract), George (exp contract + vet for title run), and the Miami pick for Darko. Let them keep Arroyo if it aleviates their concerns around the PG position.
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject:

The only wrinkle is McKie. He's garanteed for two years is he not? So he would not translate to immediate cap relief.

But really, if all its going to take is Kato and a #1, work something out!

Having another point guard and another 7-footer is worth the risk of an injured Slava, an injured McKie, and a low Miami #1. Still not sure if they'd do it, but I'd throw it out there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: