Miliic & arroyo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daniel80111
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Sister Golden Hair wrote:
I read that Detroit will likely waive Cato. They want the high draft pick and salary relief. Arroyo's minutes are already low and will likely get become zero once lindsay Hunter comes back. Darko is planted on the bench.

Given that, maybe the Lakers could make a play.

SGH

Change the "could" to "should." Arroyo has been improving slightly under Detroit. And, I've always thought that Darko has been buried, especially when I hear his work ethic is very good in practice.

If anyone has seen Darko play, they know that he runs the floor extremely well. I know what people saw in Darko that got him to be selected #2 overall...GREAT hands, extremely fluid, and he can flat out block shots. He's a great athlete for a LEGIT 7 footer. I really think that he will turn out.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

The problem with this scenario is that you mention JJ's trade exemption, which can't be used with anything but a pick...IIRC from what larry coon said
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject:

lionballer7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
r u serious for mckie, slava and jj expiring. wow what in the world do you guys think we can get for that pakcage. all we give up is a pick. it is a no brainer trade

Giving up "only a pick" for crap is still bringing in crap.

ventura, are you kidding me?

Darko has shown flashes of being a TREMENDOUS shot blocker. His outside shot is really nice which is something absolutely necessary in the triangle. Carlos arroyo would be a nice offensive addition but his defense is weak.

All in all, a trade of Slava Mckie and jj exception for Darko and Arroyo puts us in the second round of the playoffs.
Mihm/Kwame/ Bynum
Darko/Cook
Odom/George
Kobe/ Sasha/Walton
Smush/Arroyo

WOW!!!

Not so sure about that one.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
lionballer7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
r u serious for mckie, slava and jj expiring. wow what in the world do you guys think we can get for that pakcage. all we give up is a pick. it is a no brainer trade

Darko has shown flashes of being a TREMENDOUS shot blocker. His outside shot is really nice which is something absolutely necessary in the triangle. Carlos arroyo would be a nice offensive addition but his defense is weak.

All in all, a trade of Slava Mckie and jj exception for Darko and Arroyo puts us in the second round of the playoffs.
Mihm/Kwame/ Bynum
Darko/Cook
Odom/George
Kobe/ Sasha/Walton
Smush/Arroyo

WOW!!!

Not so sure about that one.

Not second round into the playoffs, but better foundation of young talented players up front? Absolutely.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Oh yeah, give the best and most complete defensive team in the league the one thing they lack, strength on Post D. Shaq abuses the Wallace boys cause they can't defend low-block 1-on-1, Kwame can.

I'll pass on helping them out for DARKO or ARROYO.

:roll:

I agree. We'd really regret trading Kwame to Detroit, of all teams. He'd really have no pressure on that team, and could reinvent himself as the next Ben Wallace. No thanks.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject:

4OnTheFloor wrote:
No thankyou. We already have 1 bust. No need to add another.

we have 2, Lamar and Kwame
Savory Griddles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

George, Slava and the Miami pick for Darko and Arroyo? Where do I sign?

Darko can pass and hit an outside jumper. He could be a good triangle center. Arroyo, while a little frustrating, is a better player than Smush and would give us some much needed backcourt depth. If we can't land anything better with those two expiring deals, I would JUMP on this one if possible. But it won't happen because Mitch will swing for the fences in some mega deal trying to land us Duncan, Garnett and Lebron all at the same time while keeping Odom, Kobe and Bynum. Meanwhile, small deals that would help the team will fall through the cracks.
Point a Minute
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Orlando is going to get Darko & Arroyo for garbage....come on Mitch, we can match that and get them here instead.......
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Point a Minute wrote:
Orlando is going to get Darko & Arroyo for garbage....come on Mitch, we can match that and get them here instead.......

How can we generate a top 10 pick out of thin air?
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Oh yeah, give the best and most complete defensive team in the league the one thing they lack, strength on Post D. Shaq abuses the Wallace boys cause they can't defend low-block 1-on-1, Kwame can.

I'll pass on helping them out for DARKO or ARROYO.

:roll:

I wonder if Arroyo is actually attainable? Is he good enough defensively?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject:

lionballer7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
vicman wrote:

Mihm/Kwame/ Bynum
Darko/Cook
Odom/George
Kobe/ Sasha/Walton
Smush/Arroyo

Actually, I was kind of kidding. I have no problem with gambling with potential, but with two of those types of players on the roster, I would think twice about adding another. I've always though Darko would end up being a pretty good player, but the fear of him, Bynum, and Kwame being busts scares the hell out of me. I would rather try and trade Slava's K for a vet.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Too late.

Its a done deal now. Milicic and Arroyo are with the Magic now.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2332021
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Who is Detroit's backup point in back of Billups now? Or is Chauncey going to play 48 min/game now?
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Lindsey Hunter is back now.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Ouch.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Yup, risk by Dumars going with just Lindsey as the backup. But could pay off big with the cap relief Cato is gonna give 'em and the draft pick they'll get. Dumars did a pretty good job getting something out of this. Wish we coulda stepped in...
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:

So basically Dumars just admitted his second overall pick in the depest draft in years was a waste. Heh. Imagine Wade, Carmello, etc etc on the Pistons. ouch.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
So basically Dumars just admitted his second overall pick in the depest draft in years was a waste. Heh. Imagine Wade, Carmello, etc etc on the Pistons. ouch.

Yeah, but given that those guys woulda been parked on the bench with Larry in charge (just look at the olympics if you don't believe that) - would they be the same players they are today if they had been drafted by detroit? They wouldn't have gotten minutes either, so hard to say if they woulda developed at the same pace as they have so far.

Honestly, I kinda feel for Darko at this point in his career. It wasn't his fault he was drafted behind a team of all-stars. Hopefully he gets a good fresh start. Him and Howard actually complement each other well and could be a monsterous twin towers combo. If he develops along with Howard and Jameer and they get some value out of Francis, Orlando could turn things around in a hurry.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:

wow i really wish we would have moved on this one. i think some of darkos strength fit the triangle well. not to mention we do need help in the backcourt
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Darko Milicic the No. 2 pick in the 2003!

What a shock. Another 7' center drafted too early only to become another bust in the NBA.

It's too common of a thread in the NBA. Who will be the next 7' bust drafted too early?
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Well couldn't we get Darko over the summer? If Darko wants playing time on a competitive team he'll get it with the Lakers. IF all the so called "SKILLS' he has can work under the triangle, I'm sure the Lakers office will try to lure him in and L.A. is definatley a place he can show why he belongs in the NBA. So who knows, I also wouldn't mind seeing Kelvin Cato next year in a Lakers jersey...but other than that, if we can get Darko it'll probaly be in the summer when he's a Free Agent.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: