Lakers 8th seed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can the Lakers be the 8th seed this year?
Yes
51%
 51%  [ 174 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 140 ]
Dont no
6%
 6%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 337

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

The following non-playoff teams substantially improved this summer:

Minny (added Butler)
Denver (added Millsap)

I think Portland will be better with a full year of Nurkic, and OKC and Houston got stronger too.

It's going to be tough to get in but this team should be much more fun to watch.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Minny (added Butler)
Denver (added Millsap)

I think Portland will be better with a full year of Nurkic, and OKC and Houston got stronger too.

It's going to be tough to get in but this team should be much more fun to watch.

Essentially, Minny added a lot: Teague, Butler and Taj. They lost Rubio, LaVine and Dunn but net-net, it's a big positive for the club. I've read quite a few LGer's posts that suggest the T-wolves aren't much improved, but I like the look of that club a lot.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
I just hope we don’t have another injury ridden year =/

Last year we started 10-10 and it was one injury after another.

This year Brook has minor back issues, Hart has a hamstring issue and Bogut’s coming off a fractured tibia that happened on a close out.

Even though non of these are serious (hope Brook’s back spasm doesn’t become an issues later in the season)... I want this team to be healthy from the start & build momentum from the get-go.

I love the depth they have at every position except pg. I believe they could have an injured key player and still do very well...except Ball. If healthy they're going to show us something special.

Another thing about this depth at every position - if healthy this depth allows us to run a lot of transition bb and a very fast pace, subbing in pieces to keep that pace going throughout the game if we need to. I agree we've got good backups capable of running and finishing at the 2, 3, and 4 positions, 6 guys who can play center as well. I think Ennis is a pretty decent backup 1, Clarkson is a maybe there too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Minny (added Butler)
Denver (added Millsap)

Essentially, Minny added a lot: Teague, Butler and Taj. They lost Rubio, LaVine and Dunn but net-net, it's a big positive for the club. I've read quite a few LGer's posts that suggest the T-wolves aren't much improved, but I like the look of that club a lot.

Yeah, that's a well built squad that will likely challenge for a 6-8th seed. I just have a tough time seeing how we squeeze in there barring a historic season for Lonzo/Ingram. Plus Denver is much improved too and they barely missed the playoffs. So right there that's 2 non playoff teams that are likely better than us on paper as they have multiple all-star level players (Butler/KAT), (Jokic/Millsap).
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

D. 1st to 7th seed
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

Every year there are teams that surprise, and teams that disappoint. We can be one of those surprise teams, but a lot of things would have to go right. That's why they play the games.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
D. 1st to 7th seed

I ain't mad atcha
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Every year there are teams that surprise, and teams that disappoint. We can be one of those surprise teams, but a lot of things would have to go right. That's why they play the games.

2 things are going right so far. We have 2 rookies who seem to be at least as good as anyone else on the team. That means they're as good or better than many players on other teams, and they haven't played a game yet. After that, we have a good mix of non-rookie talent ready to fit with them.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Clipps and Jazz out Twolves and Lake Show in.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

While others are handing the trophy to the Warrior's, I expect the Lakers to beat them like they have the past few seasons. At least twice this year.

Who knows if Luke will do this, but I envision the Lakers matching the Warrior's small ball / 6' 7" inch lineup with a taller lineup that can switch without mismatches while creating its own problems:

Nance, Randle, Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball would be a combo I'd love to try against them on both ends. They'd have an advantage in height, length, and athleticism, while running a system they dare the Warriors to stop.

There are a lot of variations that Luke could use. It's going to be a fun journey.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

L M F A O.

and no pick this year guys. We. Are. F*ked
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
While others are handing the trophy to the Warrior's, I expect the Lakers to beat them like they have the past few seasons. At least twice this year.

Who knows if Luke will do this, but I envision the Lakers matching the Warrior's small ball / 6' 7" inch lineup with a taller lineup that can switch without mismatches while creating its own problems:

Nance, Randle, Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball would be a combo I'd love to try against them on both ends. They'd have an advantage in height, length, and athleticism, while running a system they dare the Warriors to stop.

There are a lot of variations that Luke could use. It's going to be a fun journey.

Let's start with trying to beat an NBA team first =)
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Minny (added Butler)
Denver (added Millsap)

I think Timberwolves have improved a lot. They are a playoff bound team in my opinion.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

Denver looks good too. Lots of ball movement and Jokic/Millsap is a monster duo. Harris is ready for a break out season.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

MAJIC wrote:
Clipps and Jazz out Twolves and Lake Show in.

This right here
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

I don't know why we are setting such a high standard for this team right now. I do not think they will make the playoff but even if that happens, it doesn't equate to a failure season.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
I don't know why we are setting such a high standard for this team right now. I do not think they will make the playoff but even if that happens, it doesn't equate to a failure season.

Yes, exactly so. I think we understand how passion and aspirations for team success can create unrealistic expectations. It's not disloyalty to think the Lakers won't make the playoffs next Spring, though it may be disloyalty to think they can't make visible progress towards a turnaround in the club's fortunes.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

Honestly, breaking the 30 win mark should be the realistic goal for this team.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Honestly, breaking the 30 win mark should be the realistic goal for this team.

Yup.

I think many people got caught up in the hype of BI as a 20ppg and Lonzo as "the one".

Fact is we're got nobody outside Brook who is an efficient scorer and can do so whenever needed.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

Lol the pessimists already making a forecast on our season even though the system we have now is hard to gasp.

I can't wait until all you whiners go away when the Lakers eventually start playing good.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

Some of you guys don't realize that 1 of our leading scorers is not playing and someone who can give you 20-25 every game when he's engaged, the team is still in the early stages of trying to figure out each other.

Jesus it's like people think we have been horrible for decades, quit being negative, it's only the preseason, Lakers don't make there legacy in a glorified pick up game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Some of you guys don't realize that 1 of our leading scorers is not playing and someone who can give you 20-25 every game when he's engaged, the team is still in the early stages of trying to figure out each other.

Jesus it's like people think we have been horrible for decades, quit being negative, it's only the preseason, Lakers don't make there legacy in a glorified pick up game.

Good lord, please stop.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Good lord, please stop.

Lol but it's the truth, Lakers are still learning the new run and gun system, we gotta give this team some time to figure it out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Good lord, please stop.

Lol but it's the truth, Lakers are still learning the new run and gun system, we gotta give this team some time to figure it out.

Brook scored 20ppg and his team still had the worst record in the NBA last year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Good lord, please stop.

Brook scored 20ppg and his team still had the worst record in the NBA last year.

I know, I'm not saying we are gonna be world-beaters when he returns. But he adds another 3pt shooter on our team, and who knows maybe when he returns Ball and Ingram.. step there game up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 8 of 32
Jump to: