Lakers 8th seed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can the Lakers be the 8th seed this year?
Yes
51%
 51%  [ 174 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 140 ]
Dont no
6%
 6%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 337

Author Message
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 4330

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

Let's not tear our rotator cuffs patting each other on the back for sensing improved chances at a Laker playoff berth. The journey towards establishing real hope of playoff chances begins this week. It still look really quite as daunting as a month back. My perspective:

The schedule to-date has concealed an important success element in our record. Ten games in, but with seven home games. That's as tasty as it gets ten games in.

There's been no road trips of more than a single contest, and there's been just one lonely road win at PHX. Phoenix may be the one team predicted at month ago to assuredly finish the season below the purple and gold. We are seeing the Lakers so far in their best possible light, at home.

The Slog unofficially starts now. Four games on the road, and the first two on a back-to-back. I see maybe one win coming at PHX again.

Maybe.

GO LAKERS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22100

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject:

If Clippers, Utah, Pelicans, Nuggets all lose today Lakers will be tied for 7th!
...
Darn, it didnt happen.
_________________
👊 2018-19 NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Kawhi to Lakers 2018


Last edited by epak on Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 29993

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

We are better than the Cavs right now...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 18665
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

Greg Anthony is on the Lakers bandwagon.. welcome aboard Greg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS0xMkgJvnA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 5524

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Tbh, when I watch these games; these teams arenít that much better than the lakers. Depending on defense sustaining and be just ok at 3s, they can be anywhere from 8-10 seed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 320

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Tbh, when I watch these games; these teams arenít that much better than the lakers. Depending on defense sustaining and be just ok at 3s, they can be anywhere from 8-10 seed.


I agree. The only game we got punked was the Clippers game and I could see us serving them some revenge. Not terribly impressed with them tbh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
al242
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 1994

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Tbh, when I watch these games; these teams arenít that much better than the lakers. Depending on defense sustaining and be just ok at 3s, they can be anywhere from 8-10 seed.


I agree. The only game we got punked was the Clippers game and I could see us serving them some revenge. Not terribly impressed with them tbh.


We have a very real problem in guarding mobile big men, we have no answers for people like Blake, Davis or Cousins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 320

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Tbh, when I watch these games; these teams arenít that much better than the lakers. Depending on defense sustaining and be just ok at 3s, they can be anywhere from 8-10 seed.


I agree. The only game we got punked was the Clippers game and I could see us serving them some revenge. Not terribly impressed with them tbh.


We have a very real problem in guarding mobile big men, we have no answers for people like Blake, Davis or Cousins.


Randle does a pretty decent job on them when in. He should be getting more playing time but that's a whole separate issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 537
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
al242 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Tbh, when I watch these games; these teams arenít that much better than the lakers. Depending on defense sustaining and be just ok at 3s, they can be anywhere from 8-10 seed.


I agree. The only game we got punked was the Clippers game and I could see us serving them some revenge. Not terribly impressed with them tbh.


We have a very real problem in guarding mobile big men, we have no answers for people like Blake, Davis or Cousins.


Randle does a pretty decent job on them when in. He should be getting more playing time but that's a whole separate issue.


I think Randle should get bigger and stronger and develop a 17 footer
_________________
Hambuger! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
av3773
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 2970

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

Probably not this year, but I think the Lakers are showing adding the stature of a marquee FA and we're a playoff team....a "named guy" would have already added a few more W's this season....we've been competitive most nights...top notch guy would get us over that initial ceiling

Add 2 FA I think we are a real threat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8571

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
Probably not this year, but I think the Lakers are showing adding the stature of a marquee FA and we're a playoff team....a "named guy" would have already added a few more W's this season....we've been competitive most nights...top notch guy would get us over that initial ceiling

Add 2 FA I think we are a real threat


Thatís what it looks like right now, Ďknocking at playoffís doorí kinda team. Utah 2/3 yrs ago, timberwolves last yr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 18665
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

We officially have a better record then the Clippers at the moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

If Luke can get his head outta his arse with the rotations then we have an outside chance at 8th. Hitting some 3s would help a lot too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 537
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
If Luke can get his head outta his arse with the rotations then we have an outside chance at 8th. Hitting some 3s would help a lot too.


I agree our 3pt shooting pct (Lonzo) and our perimeter defense ( Lonzo, Ingram, Clarkson) and we should be in the playoffs
_________________
Hambuger! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 537
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Statistics don't lie, they don't always tell the whole truth, but they don't lie, and the way its looking, we are going to have to have a few winning streaks of games to sneak into the playoffs, we are not taking care of the ball right now, and our 3pt shooting is atrocious
_________________
Hambuger! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22100

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakers tied for 10th.
1 game back of 8th.

And as important, better record than the clippers
_________________
👊 2018-19 NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Kawhi to Lakers 2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 18665
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

11th seed through 5th is wide open, a lot of things can change the biggest thing for us is if either 1 of Memphis / Portland or Pelicans fall off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 18665
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

I would also keep a eye on Utah and OKC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sina
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 1005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1977 wrote:
Statistics don't lie, they don't always tell the whole truth, but they don't lie, and the way its looking, we are going to have to have a few winning streaks of games to sneak into the playoffs, we are not taking care of the ball right now, and our 3pt shooting is atrocious

Weíre playing much better than last year, offensively and defensively. I especially like the ball movement today vs Nuggets. If we could keep working on the details, we could earn a playoff berth this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 26455

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject:

We're 1.5 games from having the 8th spot, and 1.5 games from having the 14th spot.

So we are in a great mass of teams competing for the final couple of playoff spots.

Some of the teams right above us are OKC and Memphis, which is trouble since the former could figure it out and the latter is without Conley right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 5524

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

The clippers are such trash. I canít believe that game was a blowout; I know it was the opener but the clips look horrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 5699

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The clippers are such trash. I canít believe that game was a blowout; I know it was the opener but the clips look horrible.


They don't have the same rotation that they did to start the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 5524

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
The clippers are such trash. I canít believe that game was a blowout; I know it was the opener but the clips look horrible.


They don't have the same rotation that they did to start the season.


They still started to play like garbage before Beverley and Galinari got hurt. They probably arenít this bad at full strength but 40-42 wins seems to be their max.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22100

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lakers tied for 10th.
1 game back of 8th.

And as important, better record than the clippers


Not sure with some of ya'lls math, but we're 10th and only 1 game back of 8th. If Griz and OKC lose, they're only .5 games back of 8th.
_________________
👊 2018-19 NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Kawhi to Lakers 2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 5524

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakers tied for 10th.
1 game back of 8th.

And as important, better record than the clippers


Not sure with some of ya'lls math, but we're 10th and only 1 game back of 8th. If Griz and OKC lose, they're only .5 games back of 8th.


OKC loses. The looks on the faces of Westbrook, PG13 and Donovan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 12 of 32
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB