Lakers 8th seed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can the Lakers be the 8th seed this year?
Yes
51%
 51%  [ 174 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 140 ]
Dont no
6%
 6%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 337

Author Message
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 734

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
What a terrible game to lose yesterday. Clippers (likely), Nuggets, and Thunder all go down today. We would've made up a game


Tomorrow we have a chance to pick up ground on the Nuggets and Jazz too. That game hurt, but we got to bring it. One game at a time. I wish one of our gunners like Kuzma, Pope or Thomas would catch fire for a couple weeks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19675
Location: Heavenly Island

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

If we win tomorrow and the Nuggets lose thats a big momentum shift, Cavs are gonna look for revenge and if we somehow get that game in Denver then itís a whole new ball game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakergirlsFan710
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
What a terrible game to lose yesterday. Clippers (likely), Nuggets, and Thunder all go down today. We would've made up a game


Tomorrow we have a chance to pick up ground on the Nuggets and Jazz too. That game hurt, but we got to bring it. One game at a time. I wish one of our gunners like Kuzma, Pope or Thomas would catch fire for a couple weeks.
.

Yeah and don't forget the butterlfy effect either, Laker loss came first so maybe if they would have won, all those teams would not have lost today, we will never know. All that matter now is we need at least another 3 game winning streak starting tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 18344
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Yep. What a waste last night. That Dame dude likes to light up our point guards of the future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2009
Posts: 5710

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

LakergirlsFan710 wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
What a terrible game to lose yesterday. Clippers (likely), Nuggets, and Thunder all go down today. We would've made up a game


Tomorrow we have a chance to pick up ground on the Nuggets and Jazz too. That game hurt, but we got to bring it. One game at a time. I wish one of our gunners like Kuzma, Pope or Thomas would catch fire for a couple weeks.
.

Yeah and don't forget the butterlfy effect either, Laker loss came first so maybe if they would have won, all those teams would not have lost today, we will never know. All that matter now is we need at least another 3 game winning streak starting tomorrow.


I feel like we're going to lose vs. the Cavs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakergirlsFan710
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If we win tomorrow and the Nuggets lose thats a big momentum shift, Cavs are gonna look for revenge and if we somehow get that game in Denver then itís a whole new ball game


Yesterdays unexpected loss by Denver made up for the laker loss to portland, at least in the chasing down of Denver. A loss by them tonight would be perfect for Friday nights game. Best opportunity to win in Denver in a long time. Strangly the lakers usually play in Denver on the 2nd night of back to backs, this lakers will be shorthanded but rested for that game for a change.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakergirlsFan710
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Arbitrary wrote:
LakergirlsFan710 wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
What a terrible game to lose yesterday. Clippers (likely), Nuggets, and Thunder all go down today. We would've made up a game


Tomorrow we have a chance to pick up ground on the Nuggets and Jazz too. That game hurt, but we got to bring it. One game at a time. I wish one of our gunners like Kuzma, Pope or Thomas would catch fire for a couple weeks.
.

Yeah and don't forget the butterlfy effect either, Laker loss came first so maybe if they would have won, all those teams would not have lost today, we will never know. All that matter now is we need at least another 3 game winning streak starting tomorrow.


I feel like we're going to lose vs. the Cavs.

Nance and Clarkson were happy with the trade, it's not like they will come looking for revenge because of it, they will be all smiles i'm sure. Isaiah thomas on the other hand wants nothing more than to destroy the Cavs.
Besides as a team , the cavs really aren't that good but since Lebron is there thats enough for the lakers to be up for that game and not take them lightly. Lakers should win it going away as long as ingram is healthy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4541
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

With two games with Denver we have a chance to knock them back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 5913

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Yep. What a waste last night. That Dame dude likes to light up our point guards of the future.


Six elements had to fail for Dame to have the chance to win

Hart's injury
BI's injury
IT's horrible shooting
Zo's foul trouble and overall ineffective play and defense on Dame
Kuzma's overall clumsy play and cold shooting
Zubac reverting back to crummy early season form

Any of those elements reverse and we win the game from the fourth power ranked team in the league.

Dame should enjoy this game because he won't be seeing this streak continue next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4541
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Yep. What a waste last night. That Dame dude likes to light up our point guards of the future.


They held him to crappy shooting until he went beast mode and scored 4 threes in a Row.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
durden-tyler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 918

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

This is how I see the teams finish based on their schedule :

Spurs : 9-9 --> 46-36
Wolves : 6-10 --> 44-38
OKC : 8-8 --> 45-37
Nuggets : 8-10 --> 43-39
Clippers : 8-11 --> 42-40
Jazz : 12-6 --> 46-36
Lakers : 10-9 --> 38-44

1-Houston
2-GSW
3-Blazers
4-Pelicans
5-Jazz
6-Spurs
7-OKC
8-Wolves
--------------
9-Nuggets
10-Clippers
11-Lakers

Almost all the teams (except Jazz have a difficult schedule), I can't see us finish 15-4 or 16-3 to have a chance at the playoffs...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19675
Location: Heavenly Island

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Utah is getting in for sure, if we donít luck out and make the playoffs, at the least I hope OKC gets pushed out of the top 8... Clippers are finished... thatís always good news
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bizz05
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 55

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

So if we beat Denver on Friday, I guarantee playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22798

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

bizz05 wrote:
So if we beat Denver on Friday, I guarantee playoffs.


Yep
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19675
Location: Heavenly Island

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

bizz05 wrote:
So if we beat Denver on Friday, I guarantee playoffs.


I like your thinking
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 5668

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

bizz05 wrote:
So if we beat Denver on Friday, I guarantee playoffs.


If we beat Denver on Friday, Luke deserves an extension.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Dec 2017
Posts: 236

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject:

after asb we needed 20-5. now we need 14-4,ok its almost impossible but we can go after any chance given. next match in denver is everything,we win and
everybody starting to look behind their back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8953

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
42 - 40 finish line, need 19 - 6 post allstar break:

Mavs W
Kings W
Hawks W
Heat W
Spurs W
Blazers L
Magic W
Nuggets...

need 13 - 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 14362

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject:

bizz05 wrote:
So if we beat Denver on Friday, I guarantee playoffs.

ya doubt that happens. we have mayb 1% chance winning at denver without Hart and Ingram
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8953

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
bizz05 wrote:
So if we beat Denver on Friday, I guarantee playoffs.

ya doubt that happens. we have mayb 1% chance winning at denver without Hart and Ingram

538 is a lil more optimistic than you... Nuggets by 6, Lakers with 27%chance to win the game

Me... 99% LAKERS WIN THUS PLAYOFF BOUND AS PER BIZZ!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4541
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

Best part of all this I can look at every game on the schedule, and honestly say Lakers can win Every game but maybe one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakergirlsFan710
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Best part of all this I can look at every game on the schedule, and honestly say Lakers can win Every game but maybe one.

I assume the 1 is @ Golden state, no lonzo since its the 2nd night of back to back, good chance the race for first in the west will be over by the time Houston plays the lakers and they'll be resting up.

Lakers need to snap out of it, they played uninspired yesterday like the Portland loss took all the life from them (except for lonzo, no one else hustled)
If they play that way in denver, they will lose by 40.

Tonight San Antonio, and Minnesota should continue their late season collapse, keep your heads up lakers, there is still a realistic shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakergirlsFan710
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
bizz05 wrote:
So if we beat Denver on Friday, I guarantee playoffs.

ya doubt that happens. we have mayb 1% chance winning at denver without Hart and Ingram

538 is a lil more optimistic than you... Nuggets by 6, Lakers with 27%chance to win the game

Me... 99% LAKERS WIN THUS PLAYOFF BOUND AS PER BIZZ!!!
Espn gives them a 29.3% chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 5913

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

LakergirlsFan710 wrote:
governator wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
bizz05 wrote:
So if we beat Denver on Friday, I guarantee playoffs.

ya doubt that happens. we have mayb 1% chance winning at denver without Hart and Ingram

538 is a lil more optimistic than you... Nuggets by 6, Lakers with 27%chance to win the game

Me... 99% LAKERS WIN THUS PLAYOFF BOUND AS PER BIZZ!!!
Espn gives them a 29.3% chance.


Wow, that's pretty amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4541
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

LakergirlsFan710 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Best part of all this I can look at every game on the schedule, and honestly say Lakers can win Every game but maybe one.

I assume the 1 is @ Golden state, no lonzo since its the 2nd night of back to back, good chance the race for first in the west will be over by the time Houston plays the lakers and they'll be resting up.

Lakers need to snap out of it, they played uninspired yesterday like the Portland loss took all the life from them (except for lonzo, no one else hustled)
If they play that way in denver, they will lose by 40.

Tonight San Antonio, and Minnesota should continue their late season collapse, keep your heads up lakers, there is still a realistic shot.


You are Correct

If we had Hart and BI I would be 100% confident in winning out. A hungry young team is no joke.

We only need to beat out three teams to get in.

Clips should just tank so they can get two Lotto picks we can pass Denver they seem to be having issues, and we play them twice. Jazz is the only team that has me worried.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 28 of 32
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB