(Hypothetical) Is this a championship contender?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
how do we keep lopez and kcp if we sign george and lebron?

Lopez is relatively easy. We have his Bird rights so he signs for a near minimum contract in 2018-19 and the following year we sign him to an ear max deal to compensate for the discount year.

KCP will be very, very difficult. The only way I see it happening is if Lebron and PG are willing to take KD-level discounts. If those two decide to give up between $10-15 million in salary combined, KCP could sign a 1+1 knowing we would have partial Bird Rights in 2018-19.

And that team would definitely be a contender. Plus you would have to add 1-2 ring chasers for the vet minimum. Would D-Wade be willing to come off the bench? Maybe.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
how do we keep lopez and kcp if we sign george and lebron?

We don't, it's a fantasy scenario.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Ball needs a couple years minimum to help lead this team to a NBA championship. By that time Lebron is over the hill
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
any team with LeBron is already a strong playoff team at worst.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Sure that looks like a solid team that could compete for a run in the playoffs - championship, hard to say West is very deep. But if that team survived the WCF, then yeah it could have a good chance to beat the Eastern Conference team in the finals.

Assuming we did jettison Deng, Clarkson, and Randle (maybe on him, see below), and we signed Lebron and PG13, I think we at best bring back either Pope or Lopez. I would think PG13 would be in the SG role, so in that case we would be:

Ball
PG13
Ingram
Lebron
Lopez

Now if we end up with Pope and not Lopez, we could look like this:

Ball
Pope
PG13 (with Ingram off the bench)
Lebron
Randle

And that's if we are committed to small ball, and Randle shows he can handle the matchups at center this year.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: (Hypothetical) Is this a championship contender?

Wilkes52 wrote:
999 wrote:
McSassy wrote:
If the Lakers were in some way able to unload deng, clarkson and randle this season and then get george + lebron to sign; in addition to somehow re-signing KCP and lopez next offseason, do we become an immediate powerhouse in the NBA?

Ball
KCP
George
Lebron
Lopez

Ennis
Hart
Ingram
Nance/Kuzma
Zubac/Bryant

WE should keep randle somehow... we need someone to defend against ANYONE, including against Draymond green

Amended for accuracy.

First off, this would be a contender for a championship - no brainer.

But I dont think Randle will pan out this year. It seems the best players to surround Ball will be good 3 point shooters (of which Randle isnt), guys that can keep the ball moving around to others (not Randle), good cutters (not Randle), pop and pick guys (not Randle) and since Ball will be purous on D, at least the first couple years, someone that can be a rim protector at the PF/C position (not Randle). I prediuct a trade. And maybe the lakers get lucky and get a taker on Deng with him and a pick. Bottom line is Randle would have to completely change his game, and I dont see it.

I predict JC actually winds up playing pretty well with Ball due to the fact hes athlectic, and can run. What will hurt him is his his poor D and his inability to hit spot up jumpers. But I think he will play well in the system - and he will likely improve his passing in the new system is my guess. Hes a capable passer when hes not looking at the ground when dribbling.

And I think Nance will be very effective playing with Ball - especially if he can hit some 3's - hes a good fit I believe. And KK will wind up being the new Robert Horry!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: (Hypothetical) Is this a championship contender?

McSassy wrote:
If the Lakers were in some way able to unload deng, clarkson and randle this season and then get george + lebron to sign; in addition to somehow re-signing KCP and lopez next offseason, do we become an immediate powerhouse in the NBA?

Ball
KCP
George
Lebron
Lopez

Ennis
Hart
Ingram
Nance/Kuzma
Zubac/Bryant

Swap Cousins for Lopez and we may have a chance...
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

I would be okay with of these two teams in 2018.

Ball - 21 years
PG13 - 28 years old
BI - 21 years old
JR - 24 years old
Lopez - 30 years old
JC - 26 years old

Ball - 21 years
KCP - 25 years old
BI - 21 years old
JR - 24 years old
Cousins - 28 years old
JC - 26 years old
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: (Hypothetical) Is this a championship contender?

unleasHell wrote:
McSassy wrote:

Ball
KCP
George
Lebron
Lopez

Ennis
Hart
Ingram
Nance/Kuzma
Zubac/Bryant

I just don't get why some of you think a cancer of a player would fit in with the lakers. Only way he ever has a chance is to be on a team with lots of vets so they can tell him to keep his trap shut - and that's NOT the lakers!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: (Hypothetical) Is this a championship contender?

McSassy wrote:

Ball
KCP
George
Lebron
Lopez

Ennis
Hart
Ingram
Nance/Kuzma
Zubac/Bryant

I'd say any team with Lebron and George is going to become an immediate powerhouse. But, sure, I could see that team as a contender. But, as others said, the numbers would never work.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: (Hypothetical) Is this a championship contender?

foreveralakerfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
McSassy wrote:

Ball
KCP
George
Lebron
Lopez

Ennis
Hart
Ingram
Nance/Kuzma
Zubac/Bryant

I just don't get why some of you think a cancer of a player would fit in with the lakers. Only way he ever has a chance is to be on a team with lots of vets so they can tell him to keep his trap shut - and that's NOT the lakers!

I just don't get why some of you think Cousins is a cancer based on him not getting along with his coach, while being the best player on a crappy Kings team(?) Have you heard any negative things about him, since being traded to the Pelicans? I haven't! And he excelled on the Olympic Team, again no negative stories..

He is a 20 & 11 guy who can't be defended..

judge ye not, lest ye shall be judged...
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: (Hypothetical) Is this a championship contender?

999 wrote:
McSassy wrote:

Ball
KCP
George
Lebron
Lopez

Ennis
Hart
Ingram
Nance/Kuzma
Zubac/Bryant

WE should keep randle somehow... we need someone to defend against Draymond green

If we match up with GSW in the playoffs with that lineup, it actually makes most sense to me to match Lebron up against Draymond. Cleveland just didn't have enough versatile 2-way players to do that and they had too much invested in Love and Tristan to sit both in crunch time. Ingram, Kuzma, and Nance could all eventually fit that bill and take Lopez's spot in the closing lineup against GSW.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: (Hypothetical) Is this a championship contender?

McSassy wrote:

Ball
KCP
George
Lebron
Lopez

Ennis
Hart
Ingram
Nance/Kuzma
Zubac/Bryant

Nope.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: (Hypothetical) Is this a championship contender?

unleasHell wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
McSassy wrote:

Ball
KCP
George
Lebron
Lopez

Ennis
Hart
Ingram
Nance/Kuzma
Zubac/Bryant

I just don't get why some of you think Cousins is a cancer based on him not getting along with his coach, while being the best player on a crappy Kings team(?) Have you heard any negative things about him, since being traded to the Pelicans? I haven't! And he excelled on the Olympic Team, again no negative stories..

Why are you ignoring Cousins' attitude issues and negatives?

It is ok to acknowledge his strengths and weaknesses and deciding the cons are worth the pros he is capable of.

Cousins can be a tremendous player... when he wants to be and is not pouting. He has had issues with several coaches and teammates. ot an isolated issue as you seem to think. And he did have chemistry issues in NO.

There were comments about his ability to fit in with the Pels. They only went 11-14 after he joined. Lack of defensive effort seemed to be the biggest complaint. Also pace of game Gentry had issues with his effort.

Cousins is a wild card due to his attitude. His stats are wonderful in a vacuum. There is a reason the majority of the GMs in the League would not touch him even when the Kings were essentially begging someone to take him off there hands.

I "just don't get why" some continually want to sign him to a long term max contract and make him the foundation piece to a Laker team. Cousins is not even to close to the emotionally stable winner I want as the face of the franchise.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: (Hypothetical) Is this a championship contender?

unleasHell wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
McSassy wrote:

Ball
KCP
George
Lebron
Lopez

Ennis
Hart
Ingram
Nance/Kuzma
Zubac/Bryant

Did he give up drinking in the locker room?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: (Hypothetical) Is this a championship contender?

McSassy wrote:

Ball
KCP
George
Lebron
Lopez

Ennis
Hart
Ingram
Nance/Kuzma
Zubac/Bryant

I can get on board with powerhouse. I think also with LeBron we'd have a shot at a ship. I say think because of his past record, where LeBron goes championships follow.

I've never been a fan of Randel. He doesn't seem to be a team player. He impresses me as a selfish player, more about himself than team.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

Ball - Ennis
PG - Hart
LeBron - Ingram
Kuzma - Nance
Lopez - Zubac

That team competes for the championship.

How would anybody defend a team like that, with Lonzo and LeBron feeding PG, Kuzma, and Lopez?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: