Kobe Sums up my attitude about the season with this statement........
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Kobe Sums up my attitude about the season with this statement........

"I don't play for eighth seeds, seventh seeds or sixth seeds. I play for titles. So I don't even think about judging the progression of the season until we get to that championship form again, where we start contending for a title," Bryant said.
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

man i wish the rest of the org felt the same way. maybe some do. but he seems to be the only one who shows it. i guess we will see in time
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

That's why he is GREAT and why we as fans get upset and are impatient with our team....we hold the SAME STANDARD!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

But even Kobe realizes that you don't tear down a championship team and rebuild it in one or two seasons.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

mrdectown wrote:
man i wish the rest of the org felt the same way. maybe some do. but he seems to be the only one who shows it. i guess we will see in time

Yup, me too
G1 Hydrogenic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

I like how he thinks.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

If only the rest of the team had the same attitude.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

Its an uncoachable trait. Thank god hes in our colors
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
But even Kobe realizes that you don't tear down a championship team and rebuild it in one or two seasons.

When you have a terrible GM and conflicts in upper management, no.

With a competent GM with full support from the owner, yes, you do.
skumbag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

mrdectown wrote:

How do you know they don't?
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Please show me a chamionship team from the last 20 years that had to completely rebuild and were in the finals just two years later. I won't wait long, because you won't be able to. Why make such an absurd statement?
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

Well the Bulls lost by far their best player after the '93 season, and got all the way back to win it again in '96
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
RG73 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Please show me a chamionship team from the last 20 years that had to completely rebuild and were in the finals just two years later. I won't wait long, because you won't be able to. Why make such an absurd statement?

The Bulls were able to do it, but I agree with your sentiment. They would not have if they gave up Scotty or MJ.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Mongo wrote:
PrplReign wrote:
RG73 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The Bulls were able to do it, but I agree with your sentiment. They would not have if they gave up Scotty or MJ.

Bulls had Pippen AND Jordan in their PRIME during that time.

The Lakers traded Shaq when he was in decline.

BIG DIFFERENCE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

yea and i'm sure you also realize that championship teams don't appear out of nowhere too. you still have to be proactive and continue building, not just wait for a miracle.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:

ShadyG wrote:
Well the Bulls lost by far their best player after the '93 season, and got all the way back to win it again in '96

ShadyG, What are you talking about Jordan left the team to play baseball and then came back to basically the same team they did not have to replace Jordan he came back so that was not a rebuilt team.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

yea and i'm sure you also realize that championship teams don't appear out of nowhere too. you still have to be proactive and continue building, not just wait for a miracle.

What makes you think that they aren't trying to make moves? Are you privy to what their thinking, also? Sometimes you just can't do anything worthwhile. Like another post said, if you want perpetual instability, go watch the Clippers. Some people need to get off their high-horse and realize that they don't know enough to criticise management, and that not making their pet-moves doesn't mean they aren't doing jack (or trying to make moves; or want to make moves).

^^ Farmar

Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

What makes you think that they aren't trying to make moves? Are you privy to what their thinking, also? Sometimes you just can't do anything worthwhile. Like another post said, if you want perpetual instability, go watch the Clippers. Some people need to get off their high-horse and realize that they don't know enough to criticise management, and that not making their pet-moves doesn't mean they aren't doing jack (or trying to make moves; or want to make moves).

did i say they aren't?
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
That's why he is GREAT and why we as fans get upset and are impatient with our team....we hold the SAME STANDARD!!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

And what are the aquisitions of Chris Mihm, Andrew Bynum and Smush Parker ?

Spilled milk?

What about Lamar Odom?

The Lakers have a couple of young guys with good upside.

Bynum
Odom
Mihm
Parker

What they need is to grow those players and at the same time surround them (and Kobe) with some more talent.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

And what are the aquisitions of Chris Mihm, Andrew Bynum and Smush Parker ?

Spilled milk?

What about Lamar Odom?

The Lakers have a couple of young guys with good upside.

Bynum
Odom
Mihm
Parker

What they need is to grow those players and at the same time surround them (and Kobe) with some more talent.

counting on parker and odom to become more than they already are sounds like a dumb plan to me.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Who said that?

But you say - and people say - that the Lakers have added no talent in the re-building process.

Funny, I know that Odom-Mihm-Parker-Bynum all have VALUE right now. They are all good trade bait.

So while it's certainly not ENOUGH talent, they have added some. You are pretending as if there's no talent been added on this team.

And while Odom and Parker may not get much better - they are already helping us out. Mihm and Bynum are improving and should get better each season.

So yes they need more talent - but it's the 2nd season of the re-building process. I see moves happenning sooner than later and this team will have a 8 man rotation that's solid.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Who said that?

But you say - and people say - that the Lakers have added no talent in the re-building process.

Funny, I know that Odom-Mihm-Parker-Bynum all have VALUE right now. They are all good trade bait.

So while it's certainly not ENOUGH talent, they have added some. You are pretending as if there's no talent been added on this team.

And while Odom and Parker may not get much better - they are already helping us out. Mihm and Bynum are improving and should get better each season.

So yes they need more talent - but it's the 2nd season of the re-building process. I see moves happenning sooner than later and this team will have a 8 man rotation that's solid.

i can't see how odom fits into the future plans, he just doesn't fit this team and is too expensive.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Who said that?

i can't see how odom fits into the future plans, he just doesn't fit this team and is too expensive.
Yea but people think hes valuable. We cant even get Frye for him. What we can get is another teams cancer. Not too valuable
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Too bad Mitch, the coach and the rest of this collection of stiffs on the roster don't have that attitude.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: