How does Celtics' coach Brad Stevens unwind? Playing Ms. Pac-Man

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: How does Celtics' coach Brad Stevens unwind? Playing Ms. Pac-Man

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/08/15/how-does-celtics-coach-brad-stevens-unwind-playing-ms-pac-man/

Quote:
How does Celtics’ coach Brad Stevens unwind? Playing Ms. Pac-Man

Brad Stevens has an incredibly calm, unflappable demeanor on the sidelines. He doesn’t yell or get demonstrative. Basically, he’s the Bizarro Bobby Knight.

However, no person that competitive can remain that calm all the time. So what does Stevens do to help unwind, to help free his mind and relax? What is his personal meditation?

Ms. Pac-Man. Seriously. That’s what he told the Indy Star.

Stevens revealed that “Ms. Pac-Man,” of all things, is a staple of his game-day rituals. He said his wife, who was in attendance along with his parents and children, bought him an old “pizza parlor machine” a few years ago, and he has been hooked ever since.

“I play ‘Ms. Pac-Man’ for 10 to 15 games as a break between video,” Stevens said. “And then I go on my jog, and go about my daily routine, but I make sure to get my ‘Ms. Pac-Man’ game in at home every single day. 10-15 minutes (of video games) isn’t that bad, tell your parents you’re good.”

I’m more impressed with Mrs. Stevens right now because there is no way my wife is buying me a video game for the house.

If it helps Stevens relax, if it helps him clear his mind to avoid Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde, then go for it — his game-day ritual is clearly working. Even if Centipede was a clearly superior game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: