Nick Young, Ice Cube want to see Kobe Bryant play in Big3 next year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Why in the world would any fan of Kobe want to him to participate in Big3?

Kobe is bigger and better than this...

To watch him play again?

I'd def DVR it if he did. Would.you really avoid it or protest it?

I'd watch Kobe shoot on a nerf hook, BIG 3 is a ton of fun to watch, would love to see Kobe in it. Heck it's fun just watching guys like Kwame Brown, Brian Cook, Mo Evans, Kareem Rush etc...

Ok, I wouldn't watch Kobe shoot on a nerf hook. Haha.

One big reason I would watch, is I think Kobe would look like Kobe again against those guys currently there. The old (young) Kobe.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

Wow, I been scanning the comments and I'm surprised that no one mention wanting Ice Cube to put together a 3 on 3 team of Kobe, Shaq and Magic. Even if it was a one night only, damn what a once in a life time show. Ice If you can get this done you got my money regardless of cost.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

On paper sure but in RL they are old. How watchable would it be?
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
On paper sure but in RL they are old. How watchable would it be?

Not sure about Magic, but Kobe and Shaq could definitely still play in the Big 3.
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Don´t you guys remember that televised Kareem vs. Julius Erving one on one game when they had been retired for five or six years?

It was really painful to watch. Julius Erving played like he had never joined even an amateur basketball team. And Kareem wasn´t much better. And they were both in better shape than Kobe is now. Did you see that recent Kobe´s photo wearing a bathing suit? He had the belly of a truck driver...

Let the man enjoy life and forget basketball, and let us enjoy the memories.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:
Wow, I been scanning the comments and I'm surprised that no one mention wanting Ice Cube to put together a 3 on 3 team of Kobe, Shaq and Magic. Even if it was a one night only, damn what a once in a life time show. Ice If you can get this done you got my money regardless of cost.

He's great if you just need somebody to stand still and shoot....but at his age I don't think he will be moving a lot on the court against a bunch of 40 year old whippersnappers.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:

vedanta wrote:
Don´t you guys remember that televised Kareem vs. Julius Erving one on one game when they had been retired for five or six years?

It was really painful to watch. Julius Erving played like he had never joined even an amateur basketball team. And Kareem wasn´t much better. And they were both in better shape than Kobe is now. Did you see that recent Kobe´s photo wearing a bathing suit? He had the belly of a truck driver...

Let the man enjoy life and forget basketball, and let us enjoy the memories.

The belly of a truck driver?

You know some fit truck drivers.

Yes Kobe has gotten big but there are truck drivers that are as fat as Barkley.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

I think it's a great idea the Big3. I love the idea of letting players beyond their playing days get it in.

Do I think it will last? Probably not, but I do like the idea. Cube doing a really cool thing.

Would love to see Kobe, probably won't. Just can't see Mamba doing that.

My team, Mamba, Truth, Ticket.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was awesome seeing Charles Oakley get out there and bang bodies again, would love to see more former Lakers participate (already a good amount playing) but seeing Kobe on the big 3 would be awesome, I'd have to get tickets lol.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
I think it's a great idea the Big3. I love the idea of letting players beyond their playing days get it in.

Do I think it will last? Probably not, but I do like the idea. Cube doing a really cool thing.

Big 3 has a long way to go before they can attract those guys... It might be another year or two.

Right now, Cube's big attractions are role players and problematic players... The pedigree for Kobe isn't there.

Cube needs to increase the pedigree of the league by targeting guys who could possibly enhance their legacy by showing the world they still can play.

Mark Jackson
Tim Hardaway
Jerry Stackhouse
Lamar Odom
Penny Hardaway

It's going to be extremely hard getting HOF's to do this. The incentive just isn't there right now... Once that happens... Maybe Cube can reach out to guys like...

Scottie Pippen
Reggie Miller
Ray Allen
Chris Webber
Tracy McGrady
Rip Hamilton

From here... Now you can start calling yourself a legitimate league... Still long ways from getting Kobe. Sheesh... Mamba is arguably the GOAT.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

What do these teams get paid?

I don't see the upside.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

I don't see the upside.

I was under the impression it's just a way to play the game you love, while giving you that being in the spotlight feel again.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Big 3 has a long way to go before they can attract those guys... It might be another year or two.

Right now, Cube's big attractions are role players and problematic players... The pedigree for Kobe isn't there.

Cube needs to increase the pedigree of the league by targeting guys who could possibly enhance their legacy by showing the world they still can play.

Mark Jackson
Tim Hardaway
Jerry Stackhouse
Lamar Odom
Penny Hardaway

It's going to be extremely hard getting HOF's to do this. The incentive just isn't there right now... Once that happens... Maybe Cube can reach out to guys like...

Scottie Pippen
Reggie Miller
Ray Allen
Chris Webber
Tracy McGrady
Rip Hamilton

From here... Now you can start calling yourself a legitimate league... Still long ways from getting Kobe. Sheesh... Mamba is arguably the GOAT.

They got some solid players though, Rashard Lewis, Al Harrington, Iverson, Jason Williams, Mike Bibby, Chauncey Billiups, Kenyon Martin...you acting like it's a bunch of bums playing.
Sportsmuze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

It is just playing ball, something fun to do

Too separate for me to ever confuse it with NBA in memory

Don't know what all the fuss is about

If he wants to play some ball, sure

If not, cool
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject:

as if kobe's only option if he wants to play ball is this off brand ass league.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
as if kobe's only option if he wants to play ball is this off brand ass league.

Who said it's his only option? Everybody currently in the league seems to be enjoying it and it's a ton of fun to watch.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Yea I'd like nothing more than for Kobe to show off his new and improved half court skills posting up the likes of Mike Sweetney, Brian Scalabrine, Junk Yard Dog, and Charles Oakley's great great grandpa.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

I don't see the upside.

I was under the impression it's just a way to play the game you love, while giving you that being in the spotlight feel again.

Kobe was on CNBC pitching his new VC fund. I think the man has really moved on to bigger and better things. Tarnishing his legacy in a 2nd rate league just doesn't seem to fit at all.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

I don't see the upside.

Kobe was on CNBC pitching his new VC fund. I think the man has really moved on to bigger and better things. Tarnishing his legacy in a 2nd rate league just doesn't seem to fit at all.

Why would that tarnish his legacy? I don't get that at all.

I mean, if he played in, and dominated it, you would lower his place in the GOAT list? Cmon.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

I don't see the upside.

Why would it tarnish his legacy, and what makes ice cubes league second rate? Far as I know cubes league is one of a kind. It has solid players in it like Corey Maghetti, Allen Iverson, Rashard Lewis, Jason Williams and so on. I don't think it's had any effect on the legacy of anybody in that league. Did Jordan coming back as a shell of his former self on the wizards tarnish his legacy? Did Jordan failing in baseball tarnish his legacy? I love watching the guys compete, would love to see Garnett, McGrady Pierce, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan and loads of others jump into this league.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Kobe isn't even interested in playing in the NBA anymore, he sure in hell ain't gonna show up to a glorified pick up game with washed up NBA stars. If you read his journey to his final game you would realize all those side projects he was working on in his final year was basically preparing for his full time gig after retiring from the NBA.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

I don't see the upside.

Why would it tarnish his legacy, and what makes ice cubes league second rate? Far as I know cubes league is one of a kind. It has solid players in it like Corey Maghetti, Allen Iverson, Rashard Lewis, Jason Williams and so on. I don't think it's had any effect on the legacy of anybody in that league. Did Jordan coming back as a shell of his former self on the wizards tarnish his legacy? Did Jordan failing in baseball tarnish his legacy? I love watching the guys compete, would love to see Garnett, McGrady Pierce, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan and loads of others jump into this league.

Difference between MJ and Kobe is that MJ felt that he extinguished his competitive juices prematurely, in his 1st and then 2nd retirement. Kobe doesn't really have the same fire considering he basically had a 20 year career without any voluntary retirements. He basically sacrificed his body to the game and why his desire to come out of retirement is probably nil.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

I don't see the upside.

The way I see it is that he wants to be a business man like Magic in his post playing career. Stuff like that will keep him very busy in retirement.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

I don't see the upside.

Difference between MJ and Kobe is that MJ felt that he extinguished his competitive juices prematurely, in his 1st and then 2nd retirement. Kobe doesn't really have the same fire considering he basically had a 20 year career without any voluntary retirements. He basically sacrificed his body to the game and why his desire to come out of retirement is probably nil.

I mean cool opinion and all, but basically everything you said is made up. Nobody knows what's going on in kobe's head, maybe he'd enjoy playing in a low commitment league like the Big 3 and maybe he wouldn't, regardless I'd love to see it.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

I don't see the upside.

The way I see it is that he wants to be a business man like Magic in his post playing career. Stuff like that will keep him very busy in retirement.

Maybe he does, but playing one day a week for a couple months might be interesting to him, who knows.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: