2017 Fantasy Football Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the advice guys. My gut is telling me to wait. Mainly, I'm nervous I don't have a reliablr flex option and at the very least, Perkins is the starter on a team with strong passing options that I hope will open things up for him.

If Luck were healthy, or, there were some kind of reports on when he might return, I'd scoop up Mack. As talented as Mack is, its hard for me to imagine dropping the NYG starting RB, for a guy who might start soon under Jacoby Brissett and the Colts.

Can you tell I'm not a risk taker? =)
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^^
I know that Tyrod has been a pretty solid fantasy QB over the past 2 seasons, but I don't like his situation this season. We know that he helps you out with rush points, but he's put up most of his passing value from throwing it deep, and Sammy Watkins was a great match with him in that regard. Now he has Jordan Matthews and Zay Jones as his top wideouts, and both are best suited as slot receivers, not to mention that Matthews just got there and Jones is a rookie. I'll say this: if Tyrod can make the Bills competitive this season and put up decent stats, I'll be genuinely impressed.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but Watkins only played 8 games in the last 2 years combined. I can't imagine that huge of a drop off in Taylor's play between when Watkins was on/off the field.

I also think their depth at wide receiver is waaaaayyyy better this year. Pretty much their only other receiver of note was Marquise Goodwin. Now they have Mathews, Zay Jones, and Andre Holmes.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

Ugh. I was re-thinking my decision to drop Paul Perkins for Mack and see Derrick Henry sitting there. Hmmmm.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

I'm in 6 leagues and in the 3 that auto-drafted, I have TY Hilton in all of them. That's what I get for not setting my "do not draft" list pre-draft. I'll be sitting him pretty much until Luck comes back. What a waste of a high draft pick. Colts are a mess.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

With David Johnson's injury, my RB situation is a mess. Which 2 would you guys start for wk2?

Carlos Hyde @ Sea
Rawls vs. SF
Ingram vs. NE

Available on waivers:

Terrance West vs. Cleveland
Jacquizz vs. Chi
Jonathan Stewart vs. Buf

Thinking to drop Rawls for 'Quizz and start him. Bench Hyde as @Sea is a bad matchup. NO vs. NE is expected to be a shootout (55.5 points). Man, I really hope my receivers come up big this week
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I would def pickup West, for rawls and play him. If you can afford it, add quizz.

Play Hyde, Quizz, and West.

Hyde has a bad matchup, but, they are using him in the pass game this year it seems.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
With David Johnson's injury, my RB situation is a mess. Which 2 would you guys start for wk2?

Carlos Hyde @ Sea
Rawls vs. SF
Ingram vs. NE

Available on waivers:

Terrance West vs. Cleveland
Jacquizz vs. Chi
Jonathan Stewart vs. Buf

Thinking to drop Rawls for 'Quizz and start him. Bench Hyde as @Sea is a bad matchup. NO vs. NE is expected to be a shootout (55.5 points). Man, I really hope my receivers come up big this week

All 3 of those guys on waivers are better plays for this week than the first 3 you listed, IMO. So it's just a matter of whom you can waive to pick up at least one.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Ugh. I was re-thinking my decision to drop Paul Perkins for Mack and see Derrick Henry sitting there. Hmmmm.

Um, yeah, pick up Henry. Perkins is almost never going to have a game where he even gets 15+ carries, is very unlikely to rush for more than 60-70 yards in a game, and he doesn't catch passes. In other words, if he doesn't score a TD, he's pretty much worthless unless your league has starting players that typically score 5-6 points, and there's no upside.

With Henry, Murray is coming off a huge workload, and the team wants to run and has a great O-line. If something happened to Murray, you have yourself an instant RB1. That's the type of lottery ticket I want on my bench.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Um, yeah, pick up Henry. Perkins is almost never going to have a game where he even gets 15+ carries, is very unlikely to rush for more than 60-70 yards in a game, and he doesn't catch passes. In other words, if he doesn't score a TD, he's pretty much worthless unless your league has starting players that typically score 5-6 points, and there's no upside.

With Henry, Murray is coming off a huge workload, and the team wants to run and has a great O-line. If something happened to Murray, you have yourself an instant RB1. That's the type of lottery ticket I want on my bench.

Agree 100%.

Henry has a much higher upside than Mack, and a higher floor as well. Hell, Henry is even owned in my 10 team league. PICK HIM UP PRONTO!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Done. Thanks guys. Got Henry on my bench now. I prefer him over Mack because their game scripts should generally yield more chances to run than in IND.

Now I just gotta hope Melvin and Kareem hunt stay healthy so I dont need to play Bilal Powell at RB2 though if Chris Carson would become a viable play that would be nice.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

For those with Diggs, Thielen, and/or Rudolph in your lineups, keep your eye on Bradfords situation. He left warmups early today with a knee injury.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/363114/Report--Sam-Bradford-left-warmups-early-
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

Chris Hogan or Carlos Hyde at flex? Standard scoring.

I had Hyde in but thinking Hogan.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

Sam Bradford out. Case Keenum in.

All Vikings offensive players take a downgrade.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/363116/Vikings-to-start-Case-Keenum-at-Pittsburgh
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Ooh that's an interesting one. If Sam Bradford can light up the Saints secondary like that, it's terrifying to think what Brady might be able to do.. Add to that that Amendola (and Edelman obviously) is out, and it's about as good a matchup as you could imagine for Hogan.

That said, Hyde is probably the safer bet just because he's guaranteed touches.

I'd go Hogan if you're feeling lucky, or if the team you're playing has good matchups going for it. Hyde if you want to play it safe.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Ooh that's an interesting one. If Sam Bradford can light up the Saints secondary like that, it's terrifying to think what Brady might be able to do.. Add to that that Amendola (and Edelman obviously) is out, and it's about as good a matchup as you could imagine for Hogan.

That said, Hyde is probably the safer bet just because he's guaranteed touches.

I'd go Hogan if you're feeling lucky, or if the team you're playing has good matchups going for it. Hyde if you want to play it safe.

I went with Hogan. Game script is so much better. Plus, I feel like my team in that league is stacked and I can bounce back from a loss. Plus, I have Hogan in a couple of my DFS lineups too. Haha
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Was on my bench but 14 carriea for 92 yds and a score for D Henry. Hope he starts to eat in to Murrays carries.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Was Kelley on the Skins hurt? I saw Perine getting the 4th quarter carries. I almost dropped him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Was Kelley on the Skins hurt? I saw Perine getting the 4th quarter carries. I almost dropped him.

Yes. Early reports say ribs. Kelley left and Perine came in.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Was on my bench but 14 carriea for 92 yds and a score for D Henry. Hope he starts to eat in to Murrays carries.

Apparently Murray tweaked his hamstring. This might be the opening Henry needed to get a more consistent role, but I'd be wary of it turning in to a dreaded 50/50 timeshare. If Murray ever misses an extended period though, Henry is a legit RB1.

Really (bleep) day as a Murray (and Olsen... and Nelson in another league) owner

Last edited by AY2043 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject:

If Kelley misses time, do you think Perine or Thompson is more worthy of an add? Thonspon's looked really good, but pretty much everything I've seen on him says he's not a 3db, where Perine might be..
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

this will be the last time i start Larry Fitzgerald. Left Crabtree on the bench with 29 points and ended up losing. That's disappointing.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Apparently Murray tweaked his hamstring. This might be the opening Henry needed to get a more consistent role, but I'd be wary of it turning in to a dreaded 50/50 timeshare. If Murray ever misses an extended period though, Henry is a legit RB1.

Really (bleep) day as a Murray (and Olsen... and Nelson in another league) owner

Damn. I got lucky this week. Picked up Chris Carson on waivers and thanks to you guys, added Derrick Henry dropping Perkins. Just like that, I may have to decide which one to start. They play each other next week. Right now I'm leaning Chris Carson until more news comes about Demarcos injury. Carson looks like a beast fho he has a bad o-line.

I hate losing in my season long leagues even more than losing on DFS. Haha.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Damn. I got lucky this week. Picked up Chris Carson on waivers and thanks to you guys, added Derrick Henry dropping Perkins. Just like that, I may have to decide which one to start. They play each other next week. Right now I'm leaning Chris Carson until more news comes about Demarcos injury. Carson looks like a beast fho he has a bad o-line.

Deng those are two good pickups; Carson & Henry. They both look beastly. I'd agree with you, I'd play Carson too. Im trying to get Carson this week as well haha

Do you guys think a trade offer of Rivers & Lynch for Brady & Doug Martin is asking for too much? Ha i know trying to trade for Brady after the week he had isn't the best time, but his owner lost and only has Lamar Miller, Charcandrick West and Jamal Charles for RBs. West got him 0 points.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Deng those are two good pickups; Carson & Henry. They both look beastly. I'd agree with you, I'd play Carson too. Im trying to get Carson this week as well haha

Do you guys think a trade offer of Rivers & Lynch for Brady & Doug Martin is asking for too much? Ha i know trying to trade for Brady after the week he had isn't the best time, but his owner lost and only has Lamar Miller, Charcandrick West and Jamal Charles for RBs. West got him 0 points.

You would be committing assault if you pulled that trade off LOL. But it never hurts to try.

If Murray were actually out, I'd play Henry over Carson; TEN's O-line is excellent and SEA's is awful. Also, TEN has a pretty good run defense. And while SEA certainly has that reputation of having a great run D, they have allowed a lot of RB production to both TyMont and Hyde over the first 2 weeks. Now, if Murray is going to still start, I'd probably roll with Carson, yeah.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Yup. That's why I'm waiting to hear news on Demarco. If he's out, I'm rolling Henry. If not, I'm going with Carson.

It's for my flex spot, my other two RBs are Melvin Gordon and Kareem Hunt which are must plays.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 10 of 22
Jump to: