2017 Fantasy Football Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12665
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
I like Kareem Hunt a lot with Ware likely out for the year. Got Hunt in the 8th round of a draft today. Big steal imo


Considering that he should be going in the 4th at the latest, yeah, I'd say so!
_________________
Focus is back to free agency: sign LeBron, sign PG, trade Deng, sign Randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12665
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Cameron Meredith goes down with gruesome knee injury. Has got to be torn ACL by the look of it. Guy saved my WR crews last year and was set for a breakout season this year. Ouch.


There is so much target opportunity now for someone in the Bears WR corps to step up. Somebody has to. I just don't think it will be Kevin White, as he just looks so terrible, but at least he has the opportunity now. I think it might be Kendall Wright who benefits the most. It's just about opportunity at this point, and he might be the best bet, when healthy, to lead their team in targets.
_________________
Focus is back to free agency: sign LeBron, sign PG, trade Deng, sign Randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 21028

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
I like Kareem Hunt a lot with Ware likely out for the year. Got Hunt in the 8th round of a draft today. Big steal imo


You're lucky he was still on the board. I got him in the 9th a week ago before the injury.

Hunt is going in the 4th round now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Cameron Meredith goes down with gruesome knee injury. Has got to be torn ACL by the look of it. Guy saved my WR crews last year and was set for a breakout season this year. Ouch.


There is so much target opportunity now for someone in the Bears WR corps to step up. Somebody has to. I just don't think it will be Kevin White, as he just looks so terrible, but at least he has the opportunity now. I think it might be Kendall Wright who benefits the most. It's just about opportunity at this point, and he might be the best bet, when healthy, to lead their team in targets.


White's a 6'3 guy who runs a sub-4.4 and has good hands. The injuries and the effort just not there are infuriating. It's a shame. It's a complete 180 from his college days when he'd be fighting for those jump-balls, making wow catches, running with max effort on each route, and just bullying every defender around him. Somewhere, that light needs to turn back on and he's not going to get a better chance.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12665
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Cameron Meredith goes down with gruesome knee injury. Has got to be torn ACL by the look of it. Guy saved my WR crews last year and was set for a breakout season this year. Ouch.


There is so much target opportunity now for someone in the Bears WR corps to step up. Somebody has to. I just don't think it will be Kevin White, as he just looks so terrible, but at least he has the opportunity now. I think it might be Kendall Wright who benefits the most. It's just about opportunity at this point, and he might be the best bet, when healthy, to lead their team in targets.


White's a 6'3 guy who runs a sub-4.4 and has good hands. The injuries and the effort just not there are infuriating. It's a shame. It's a complete 180 from his college days when he'd be fighting for those jump-balls, making wow catches, running with max effort on each route, and just bullying every defender around him. Somewhere, that light needs to turn back on and he's not going to get a better chance.


I'm not sure he could run a sub-4.4 now. I think the injuries may have ruined him, whether that's mental, physical, or both. Regardless, I'd trust Wright over him at this point. Again, somebody has to catch all those passes where the Bears will be trailing in garbage time, and that could be very often.
_________________
Focus is back to free agency: sign LeBron, sign PG, trade Deng, sign Randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Cameron Meredith goes down with gruesome knee injury. Has got to be torn ACL by the look of it. Guy saved my WR crews last year and was set for a breakout season this year. Ouch.


There is so much target opportunity now for someone in the Bears WR corps to step up. Somebody has to. I just don't think it will be Kevin White, as he just looks so terrible, but at least he has the opportunity now. I think it might be Kendall Wright who benefits the most. It's just about opportunity at this point, and he might be the best bet, when healthy, to lead their team in targets.


White's a 6'3 guy who runs a sub-4.4 and has good hands. The injuries and the effort just not there are infuriating. It's a shame. It's a complete 180 from his college days when he'd be fighting for those jump-balls, making wow catches, running with max effort on each route, and just bullying every defender around him. Somewhere, that light needs to turn back on and he's not going to get a better chance.


I'm not sure he could run a sub-4.4 now. I think the injuries may have ruined him, whether that's mental, physical, or both. Regardless, I'd trust Wright over him at this point. Again, somebody has to catch all those passes where the Bears will be trailing in garbage time, and that could be very often.


He seemed to have good enough speed in some clips I saw in training camp. But yeah, someone has to step up. Kendall Wright may see a good amount of catches but in John Fox's schemes, the big target WR's get a good chunk of the targets, especially in the red zone (i.e. Alshon Jeffrey, Cameron Meredith, Demaryius Thomas, Muhsin Muhammad, Eric Decker, etc).
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12665
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject:

I'd be very encouraged about Carlos Hyde's pass-game usage last night. Obviously, he has an injury history. He's unlikely to play 16 games. But he's going to get most of the work when he is healthy, and the offense will function better under Shanahan, who likes to involve his backs in the pass game. Hyde looked like he could have been Devonta Freeman or Tevin Coleman on that pass TD he caught last night. Looked very smooth. I think he's a good value right now in drafts/auctions. He's lasting until the 5th/6th.
_________________
Focus is back to free agency: sign LeBron, sign PG, trade Deng, sign Randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12665
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject:

RB's I'm High On/Undervalued
David Johnson (more versatile version of prime AP; ARZ's go-to player in red zone; legit threat for 100 catches this season)
Melvin Gordon (hardly comes off field in offense that should be better than last year)
Dalvin Cook (not worried much about Murray; he looked stiff last night)
Carlos Hyde (see comments in previous post; very encouraged by pass-game usage)
Kareem Hunt (should be an obvious one after Ware's injury; I was not a Ware fan at all and was expecting Hunt to get the job soon anyway)
Marshawn Lynch (he's better than the Latavius of last year and should fall into double-digit TD's with that offense and O-line)
Darren McFadden (you have yourself an RB1 for the first 6 weeks of the season; draft accordingly)
Joe Mixon (dude is super-talented, Hill is not, and if Marvin Lewis doesn't realize that, God help him)
Christian McCaffrey (more valuable in PPR, but he's totally legit and can run between tackles; only issue is J-Stew will keep a big early-down role when healthy)
Doug Martin (has looked very good in preseason; yes, he's out until Week 4, but I expect him to be clear lead dog once he's back)
Ameer Abdullah (I was all-in on him last season and thought he was playing really well before going down; giving him another chance)
Mike Gillislee (the Pats score a ton of rushing TD's, and he's the best bet to grab the majority of those)
Derrick Henry (while Murray is clearly the guy, he's coming off a big-volume season and isn't young; Henry would blow up if Murray got hurt.)
Rob Kelley (Perine is not a threat early in the season)
Danny Woodhead (great asset in PPR, Ravens throw to the RB's a lot; legit threat for 75+ catches)
Darren Sproles (another PPR asset; Eagles have kept him in bubble wrap all preseason, hinting at significant real game usage)
Chris Carson (quite simply, has looked like the best RB on Seattle. Lacy is awful, and Rawls and Prosise are injury-prone. Great late flier pick.)
Jonathan Williams (another flier pick I like, because not only does McCoy pick up a lot of nagging injuries, but it's also possible the tanking Bills trade him at some point)

RB's I'd Pass On/Overvalued
LeSean McCoy (the Bills are tanking and with a new offensive coaching staff, I'm hesitant to pay the necessary price here, and if they go to Peterman at QB, it dings his value even further)
Jordan Howard (Gurley's 2016 revisited? Very concerned about his situation now, as Bears offense woefully thin at WR; also not much of a pass-catcher)
Isaiah Crowell (just think he's being overvalued; Browns are still going to be very bad, and he doesn't play much when they trail big)
Leonard Fournette (hasn't been healthy since 2015, Bortles is the QB, offensive line is bad; there's blowup potential, true, but think he's being overvalued)
Mark Ingram (the Saints traded up to draft Kamara and signed AP)
Ezekiel Elliott (as of now, can't play until Week 8, and he's still going where you can get a good starting player; let someone else draft)
CJ Anderson (don't like the offense, don't like the offensive line, don't like his injury history)
Tevin Coleman (yes, he would be an RB1 if Freeman went down, but his TD rate is not sustainable and he's being taken like a standalone option)
LeGarrette Blount (can you say "regression", class?)
Bilal Powell (yeah, sorry, I just don't want any part of this Jets rush offense)
Eddie Lacy (looks terrible, and even if he somehow started, SEA's O-line is bad, and he won't face soft fronts like when he played w/Rodgers in GB)
Paul Perkins (has looked bad and will likely split snaps; believe Vereen plays a lot, and Giants pass in red zone anyway)
Frank Gore (the situation is looking ominous in Indy)
_________________
Focus is back to free agency: sign LeBron, sign PG, trade Deng, sign Randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Posts: 3406

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject:

had my 12 team PPR draft over the weekend. Had the 4th pick and somehow, David Johnson dropped down to me..YESS! haha. Was able to grab Kareem Hunt in the 6th or 7th round too. Lol dont ask how i ended up with 3 Titans players

QB Rivers
RB D Johnson/Lynch/Kareem Hunt/P Perkins/T West/Jamal Williams
WR Michael Thomas/Keenan Allen/Allen Robinson/Rishard Matthews/Corey Davis
TE Delanie Walker
K Vinatieri
D Cardinals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12665
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject:

WR's I'm High On/Undervalued
Antonio Brown (money in the bank)
Julio Jones (yardage likely to decrease, but TD's likely to increase)
Jordy Nelson (Rodgers' #1 option another year removed from ACL injury)
Mike Evans (dude is a beast, major TD scorer, and D-Jax helps on the other side)
Michael Thomas (yes, I buy the hype with no Cooks; better red-zone option than Cooks ever was, too)
Dez Bryant (Dallas will throw more this year, Dak is legit, and there's potential for a huge bounce-back here. Best end zone WR in NFL.)
Doug Baldwin (believe Wilson has big year, SEA better equipped to pass, has 22 TD's over past 28)
Amari Cooper (all he needs is to equal Crabtree's red zone targets to have big breakout in his 3rd year)
Brandin Cooks (chance for huge year without Edelman)
Demaryius Thomas (safe floor play has chance for some positive TD progression)
Larry Fitzgerald (Palmer will be better and he has been perpetually undervalued later in his career)
Alshon Jeffery (dammit, I'm going back to the well; Wentz looks good and if Matthews could fare well in the #1 WR role, I like his chances)
Keenan Allen (you know the risk, but he'll catch 100+ balls if healthy; has looked healthy)
Jamison Crowder (may not have as high of a ceiling as Pryor, but his role will expand and I expect him to lead WAS in catches)
DeVante Parker (an absolutely perfect match for Cutler)
Pierre Garcon (will feast in PPR; garbage time will mean a ton of opps. for him)
Tyrell Williams (quiet preseason only helps with his value; he's Rivers' new Vincent Jackson, especially w/Mike Williams hurt)
Eric Decker (so consistent before last year's injury-ruined year that I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt)
Kenny Britt (over 1K yards last year with Rams QB's, could have similar opps. that Pryor did last season to put up #'s on bad team)
Rishard Matthews (with Corey Davis basically behind in camp, he'll start to open the year, and I love Mariota this year)
Adam Thielen (PPR asset; my bet to lead Vikings in catches this season, now playing the slot)
Mike Wallace (top-30 non-PPR WR in 7 of 8 NFL seasons, and can get him super cheap; Ravens will be throwing and he's healthier than Maclin)
Kendall Wright (somebody has to catch the Bears' garbage time passes, and I think the best bet to stay healthy and do that is Wright)
Kevin White (worthy of a late pick to see if it's he that can emerge as the Bears' go-to pass option)
Jordan Matthews (like w/Eagles, could be #1 WR by default, and someone has to catch a bad team's passes)
Robby Anderson (on horrible teams like the Jets, pass volume is a thing w/garbage time; he's by far the best bet to be a possible target hog)
Kenny Golladay (ideal late-round WR flier, could be interesting if something happened to Tate or Marvin Jones. Has looked good in preseason.)

WR's I'd Pass On/Overvalued
TY Hilton (I'm staying away from Colts this season, as everyone's value would be torpedoed without Luck)
Allen Robinson (probably not as good as '15 and not as bad as '16, but I can't trust this QB situation)
DeAndre Hopkins (QB situation also a concern here, and he has 7 TD's over past 25 games)
Michael Crabtree (has to maintain strong red zone target edge over Cooper just to stay where he is; nowhere to go but down IMO)
Davante Adams (regression in the TD department highly likely here)
Jarvis Landry (never a TD scorer anyway, and Cutler likes to push the ball down the field)
Sammy Watkins (seems like a bad match with Goff)
Donte Moncrief (again, fading the Colts)
_________________
Focus is back to free agency: sign LeBron, sign PG, trade Deng, sign Randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Posts: 3406

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

nice lists ChickenStu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 126379
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
RB's I'm High On/Undervalued
David Johnson (more versatile version of prime AP; ARZ's go-to player in red zone; legit threat for 100 catches this season)
Melvin Gordon (hardly comes off field in offense that should be better than last year)
Dalvin Cook (not worried much about Murray; he looked stiff last night)
Carlos Hyde (see comments in previous post; very encouraged by pass-game usage)
Kareem Hunt (should be an obvious one after Ware's injury; I was not a Ware fan at all and was expecting Hunt to get the job soon anyway)
Marshawn Lynch (he's better than the Latavius of last year and should fall into double-digit TD's with that offense and O-line)
Darren McFadden (you have yourself an RB1 for the first 6 weeks of the season; draft accordingly)
Joe Mixon (dude is super-talented, Hill is not, and if Marvin Lewis doesn't realize that, God help him)
Christian McCaffrey (more valuable in PPR, but he's totally legit and can run between tackles; only issue is J-Stew will keep a big early-down role when healthy)
Doug Martin (has looked very good in preseason; yes, he's out until Week 4, but I expect him to be clear lead dog once he's back)
Ameer Abdullah (I was all-in on him last season and thought he was playing really well before going down; giving him another chance)
Mike Gillislee (the Pats score a ton of rushing TD's, and he's the best bet to grab the majority of those)
Derrick Henry (while Murray is clearly the guy, he's coming off a big-volume season and isn't young; Henry would blow up if Murray got hurt.)
Rob Kelley (Perine is not a threat early in the season)
Danny Woodhead (great asset in PPR, Ravens throw to the RB's a lot; legit threat for 75+ catches)
Darren Sproles (another PPR asset; Eagles have kept him in bubble wrap all preseason, hinting at significant real game usage)
Chris Carson (quite simply, has looked like the best RB on Seattle. Lacy is awful, and Rawls and Prosise are injury-prone. Great late flier pick.)
Jonathan Williams (another flier pick I like, because not only does McCoy pick up a lot of nagging injuries, but it's also possible the tanking Bills trade him at some point)

RB's I'd Pass On/Overvalued
LeSean McCoy (the Bills are tanking and with a new offensive coaching staff, I'm hesitant to pay the necessary price here, and if they go to Peterman at QB, it dings his value even further)
Jordan Howard (Gurley's 2016 revisited? Very concerned about his situation now, as Bears offense woefully thin at WR; also not much of a pass-catcher)
Isaiah Crowell (just think he's being overvalued; Browns are still going to be very bad, and he doesn't play much when they trail big)
Leonard Fournette (hasn't been healthy since 2015, Bortles is the QB, offensive line is bad; there's blowup potential, true, but think he's being overvalued)
Mark Ingram (the Saints traded up to draft Kamara and signed AP)
Ezekiel Elliott (as of now, can't play until Week 8, and he's still going where you can get a good starting player; let someone else draft)
CJ Anderson (don't like the offense, don't like the offensive line, don't like his injury history)
Tevin Coleman (yes, he would be an RB1 if Freeman went down, but his TD rate is not sustainable and he's being taken like a standalone option)
LeGarrette Blount (can you say "regression", class?)
Bilal Powell (yeah, sorry, I just don't want any part of this Jets rush offense)
Eddie Lacy (looks terrible, and even if he somehow started, SEA's O-line is bad, and he won't face soft fronts like when he played w/Rodgers in GB)
Paul Perkins (has looked bad and will likely split snaps; believe Vereen plays a lot, and Giants pass in red zone anyway)
Frank Gore (the situation is looking ominous in Indy)


A sleeper might be Marlon Mack on the Colts.
_________________
LG NBA Playoff pool first round:

1. pjiddy 32
2. blackmamba08 30
2. rebirth 30
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 126379
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

For WRs I like to look at QB relationships. When things get tight Hoyer will look for Garçon. Bradford will look for Thielan. Cutler will look for Parker. I have had success drafting on that basis.
_________________
LG NBA Playoff pool first round:

1. pjiddy 32
2. blackmamba08 30
2. rebirth 30
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12665
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
For WRs I like to look at QB relationships. When things get tight Hoyer will look for Garçon. Bradford will look for Thielan. Cutler will look for Parker. I have had success drafting on that basis.


Absolutely. If Tannehill were still the starter, Landry would be "the guy", even if Parker was always a candidate to make a nice leap this year IMO. But Cutler has always favored big-bodied outside WR's like Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery.
_________________
Focus is back to free agency: sign LeBron, sign PG, trade Deng, sign Randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12665
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

TE's I'm High On/Undervalued
Travis Kelce (stats spiked last season without Maclin; 8-10 TD's would mean huge breakout)
Jordan Reed (you know the risk, but if Pryor/Cousins connection takes a while to get going, major target hog potential here)
Greg Olsen (his consistency at the position must be valued)
Jimmy Graham (genuinely looks like old self again, the further removed he gets from knee injury; love Wilson this year)
Zach Ertz (long a fan of his talent, trade of Matthews opens up middle-of-field targets for him even more; just needs TD boost to become elite)
Kyle Rudolph (MIN's #1 red zone target, and Captain Checkdown, Bradford, is their QB, last time I checked)
Martellus Bennett (I think he's overrated in real life, but Rodgers does love the TE in scoring position. Legit 10+ TD upside.)
Jack Doyle (I'm fading almost all Colts, but if Luck can get back early in season, major target potential here since Allen was traded)
Jason Witten (might be worth back-end TE1 consideration because DAL will have to throw more this season)

TE's I'd Pass On/Overvalued
Rob Gronkowski (my biggest mantra in fantasy football is that you must mitigate risk in the early rounds, so I can't justify taking a player with this injury history in Rds. 1-2.)
Tyler Eifert (essentially a walking injury, would prefer safer options instead)
Eric Ebron (there's opportunity, in theory, without Boldin now, but I'll believe it when I see it)
_________________
Focus is back to free agency: sign LeBron, sign PG, trade Deng, sign Randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 28278

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
For WRs I like to look at QB relationships. When things get tight Hoyer will look for Garçon. Bradford will look for Thielan. Cutler will look for Parker. I have had success drafting on that basis.


Word is that Diggs may play more on the outside this year. I had both on my team last season, so I'm a fan of either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12665
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
For WRs I like to look at QB relationships. When things get tight Hoyer will look for Garçon. Bradford will look for Thielan. Cutler will look for Parker. I have had success drafting on that basis.


Word is that Diggs may play more on the outside this year. I had both on my team last season, so I'm a fan of either.


Diggs has the higher ceiling, but I think you can make a case that Thielen is the safer PPR bet. Ultimately, I'd go for Diggs' upside in standard.
_________________
Focus is back to free agency: sign LeBron, sign PG, trade Deng, sign Randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 21028

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject:

Anyone know why Mike Evans has the questionable tag on Yahoo? Can't find any news on thst anywhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Posts: 3406

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Anyone know why Mike Evans has the questionable tag on Yahoo? Can't find any news on thst anywhere.
I saw this on CBS Sports

"Evans (undisclosed) missed Saturday's preseason game versus the Browns as a precaution, but expects to be fully ready for Week 1, ESPN's Jenna Laine reports. Evans is dealing with an undisclosed ailment that caused him to miss a couple of practices last week. Fortunately, the receiver insists that he's fine, which should calm any concern fantasy owners may have had. It wouldn't be surprising if Evans sits out Thursday's preseason finale to ensure he's 100 percent when the regular season kicks off."

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/players/1824909/mike-evans/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 21028

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Anyone know why Mike Evans has the questionable tag on Yahoo? Can't find any news on thst anywhere.
I saw this on CBS Sports

"Evans (undisclosed) missed Saturday's preseason game versus the Browns as a precaution, but expects to be fully ready for Week 1, ESPN's Jenna Laine reports. Evans is dealing with an undisclosed ailment that caused him to miss a couple of practices last week. Fortunately, the receiver insists that he's fine, which should calm any concern fantasy owners may have had. It wouldn't be surprising if Evans sits out Thursday's preseason finale to ensure he's 100 percent when the regular season kicks off."

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/players/1824909/mike-evans/


Thanks. I didnt check CBS. Hopefully much to do about nothing =)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 7805
Location: London

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Drafted today, 6th in a 14 man league, got this:
QB Drew Brees
RB Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin, James White
WR Julio Jones, Emmanuel Sanders, Jordan Matthews, DeVante Parker, Marvin Jones
TE Hunter Henry, OJ Howard
K Adam Vinatieri
DEF Chargers

Thoughts?
_________________
Even The Genius Has His Questions, Be Grateful For Blessings...
Lakers, Chargers, Dodgers

RIP Junior Seau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 126379
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

You would be weak at RB in my league (6 pts for rushing TD and 3 pts for receiving TD) but that depends on scoring. Fornette scares me, their QBs are so bad.
_________________
LG NBA Playoff pool first round:

1. pjiddy 32
2. blackmamba08 30
2. rebirth 30
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 21028

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Drafted today, 6th in a 14 man league, got this:
QB Drew Brees
RB Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin, James White
WR Julio Jones, Emmanuel Sanders, Jordan Matthews, DeVante Parker, Marvin Jones
TE Hunter Henry, OJ Howard
K Adam Vinatieri
DEF Chargers

Thoughts?


Lots of good, upside WRs. Weak at RB. Too many question marks for me. Your one proven guy wont play to week 4 and I think Koetter hasnt committed to him starting just yet.

Better play the wire for an RB or trade a WR for one IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 21028

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Rate my draft: 12 teams, 7th pick. Stanard scoring.

QB: Drew Brees
RB: CJ Anderson
RB: Ameer Abdullah
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Amari.Cooper
TE: Kyle Rudolph
FLEX: Keenan Allen

BN: Stefon Diggs
BN: Terrance West
BN: Jamaal.Williams
BN: Thomas Rawls
BN: Rex Burkhead
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 12665
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Rate my draft: 12 teams, 7th pick. Stanard scoring.

QB: Drew Brees
RB: CJ Anderson
RB: Ameer Abdullah
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Amari.Cooper
TE: Kyle Rudolph
FLEX: Keenan Allen

BN: Stefon Diggs
BN: Terrance West
BN: Jamaal.Williams
BN: Thomas Rawls
BN: Rex Burkhead


Strong at QB and WR. Probably a little weak at RB, but it's possible that you'll have 2 decent starting options each week from that list.
_________________
Focus is back to free agency: sign LeBron, sign PG, trade Deng, sign Randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB