2017 Fantasy Football Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
whats your guys take on Doug Baldwin. If you had him, would you do a straight up trade for Amari Cooper?

No. If I had Cooper, I'd gladly take Baldwin. I thinkCooper can be had for much less.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject:

Keep Baldwin. I was reading somewhere that Cooper is statistically the worst starting WR in football right now. Ouch. That hurts this Raiders fans heart.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

So in my 2QB league (standard scoring), I dropped Eli Manning this last week for Matt Breida when those Carlos Hyde trade rumors popped up. So now my only two QB’s are Palmer and Wentz.

I need to pick up another QB, but not sure if I just want to grab Eli back considering his depleted WR corps. I’m thinking of taking a flier on Hundley instead. (Other options on the WW are Hundley, Siemian, Trubisky, Hogan, and Beathard).

Just seems like to me, Hundley always looks solid in PS, he’s got a bunch of weapons and a solid running game, he’s in an air it out offense, and he can run a bit so he has a somewhat high floor. Sure his stats were bad this last week, but he was forced in to the game unexpectedly against a good Vikings D..

Just wanted to get some others’ thoughts on this. Eli or Hundley? Or do you like any of the other crap on the WW more? Lol
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

Got myself a W this week. Man Leonard Fournette is killing it for me right now, made the right choice to start Peterson too.

Tight End situation isn't exactly doing much for me right now, got Hunter Henry who started terrible but may be heating up now, then Martellus Bennett & OJ Howard who aren't doing much.

Question for you guys, should I pick up the Steelers defense from the waiver wire? Got Chargers at the moment who haven't been terrible but not big scorers either.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Got myself a W this week. Man Leonard Fournette is killing it for me right now, made the right choice to start Peterson too.

Tight End situation isn't exactly doing much for me right now, got Hunter Henry who started terrible but may be heating up now, then Martellus Bennett & OJ Howard who aren't doing much.

Question for you guys, should I pick up the Steelers defense from the waiver wire? Got Chargers at the moment who haven't been terrible but not big scorers either.

Depends on what other options are out there. The ceiling is very low on the Chargers and I think you're better off streaming defenses if that is who you have.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

^^^or pick up the Saints defense like my opponent did last week and pray they score another 38 points. smh

I lost by 5 points.

Who plays the Saints defense?
I mean, come on!

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
^^^or pick up the Saints defense like my opponent did last week and pray they score another 38 points. smh

I lost by 5 points.

I mean, come on!

Actually, they were a sneaky play last week IMO. They had been playing really well defensively, were at home, against Stafford who was banged up.

I thought it was a great contrarian DFS play for a GPP. Saints were bad the first weeks but the last few weeks have really turned the corner.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
So in my 2QB league (standard scoring), I dropped Eli Manning this last week for Matt Breida when those Carlos Hyde trade rumors popped up. So now my only two QB’s are Palmer and Wentz.

I need to pick up another QB, but not sure if I just want to grab Eli back considering his depleted WR corps. I’m thinking of taking a flier on Hundley instead. (Other options on the WW are Hundley, Siemian, Trubisky, Hogan, and Beathard).

Just seems like to me, Hundley always looks solid in PS, he’s got a bunch of weapons and a solid running game, he’s in an air it out offense, and he can run a bit so he has a somewhat high floor. Sure his stats were bad this last week, but he was forced in to the game unexpectedly against a good Vikings D..

Just wanted to get some others’ thoughts on this. Eli or Hundley? Or do you like any of the other crap on the WW more? Lol

Hundley for sure, IMO. He has the upside. Maybe he'll fail, but you can see how he might succeed with that system in place, with those players. And it's not like they have a great D, so they can't just expect to be winning 13-10 games all the time. Eli, as you mentioned, has lost so many weapons, and he's past his prime anyway, that it's hard to see how he has more than average QB2 upside.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Hundley for sure, IMO. He has the upside. Maybe he'll fail, but you can see how he might succeed with that system in place, with those players. And it's not like they have a great D, so they can't just expect to be winning 13-10 games all the time. Eli, as you mentioned, has lost so many weapons, and he's past his prime anyway, that it's hard to see how he has more than average QB2 upside.

I would go Hundley or Beathard.

Not only because I like the name on the latter, heh, but, he looked pretty sharp there in that game and they'll be behind a LOT.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

I lost by 5 points.

I mean, come on!

We are streaming defenses and have NO and Pittsburgh as waiver requests
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Keep Baldwin. I was reading somewhere that Cooper is statistically the worst starting WR in football right now. Ouch. That hurts this Raiders fans heart.
dam I didnt know it was like that. I figured maybe Cooper was a perfect buy low candidate and that sooner than later he would break out of his funk. Doug baldwin hasnt done much either. I haven't been playing him much. But alright, i'll keep looking for some other receiver I can pry for Baldwin.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
dam I didnt know it was like that. I figured maybe Cooper was a perfect buy low candidate and that sooner than later he would break out of his funk. Doug baldwin hasnt done much either. I haven't been playing him much. But alright, i'll keep looking for some other receiver I can pry for Baldwin.

I don't mind Cooper as a buy-low target, but I'd prefer Baldwin to him, and he should be healthy coming off their bye.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Curious if Decker can build off that good game last week. If he develops a rapport with Mariota man, Deck was super solid and consistent in the past shouldn't be a stretch for him to be again. He's only 30. I could see him putting up WR2 numbers the rest of the year if Tennessee would just increase his target share a little.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

Cooper is a buy-low candidate. But selling Baldwin to get him isn't buying low.

Selling ... Jarvis Landry in a non-PPR for Cooper or something like that is a good buy low trade.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Elliot gets another TRO, will play on Sunday.

Decision on PI will be next week when the main judge gets back from vacation (lol).

Zeke’s great and all, but this legal (bleep) is killing me
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

Cooper is a buy-low candidate. But selling Baldwin to get him isn't buying low.

Selling ... Jarvis Landry in a non-PPR for Cooper or something like that is a good buy low trade.

Especially with Parker out.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

Darkwa or DHenry in my flex spot?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

As of now, I'd go Henry. Just don't trust NYG yet and I would expect TEN to go up big and run out the 4th.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Curious if Decker can build off that good game last week. If he develops a rapport with Mariota man, Deck was super solid and consistent in the past shouldn't be a stretch for him to be again. He's only 30. I could see him putting up WR2 numbers the rest of the year if Tennessee would just increase his target share a little.

Decker has been a fantasy favorite, he has been consistent over the past 3-4 seasons. I drafted him but dropped him when he wasn't producing, but have a waiver request for him this week. I hope he remains a 7-12 point producer for the rest of the season.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

Decker has been a fantasy favorite, he has been consistent over the past 3-4 seasons. I drafted him but dropped him when he wasn't producing, but have a waiver request for him this week. I hope he remains a 7-12 point producer for the rest of the season.

I’m not quite as bullish. They have a good matchup this week, but they’re on bye next week, and Corey Davis should be back after that.

Davis got a pretty large target share week 1 (6rec for 70 yards on 10 targets) but then hurt his hamstring week 2 and has been out since then. If Decker only had one good game weeks 2-6 with Davis out, I doubt he starts producing consistently once he comes back.

Long story short, I think Davis is the Titans WR to own after Matthews.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

As of now, I'd go Henry. Just don't trust NYG yet and I would expect TEN to go up big and run out the 4th.

It’s really a coin flip for me. Both those guys’ roles are almost impossible to predict on a week to week basis.

I will say that I think Darkwa is probably closer to carving out a workhorse role than Henry. Not because he’s better but because the Giants aren’t as committed to Gallman/Vereen as Tennessee is to Murray.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:

I will say that I think Darkwa is probably closer to carving out a workhorse role than Henry. Not because he’s better but because the Giants aren’t as committed to Gallman/Vereen as Tennessee is to Murray.

My concern also. Obviously Henry offers way more upside but his workload is questionable.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

Shepard back at practice today. Is talented enough to capitalize on his WR1 workload. Pick him up if he's available in your league!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

My concern also. Obviously Henry offers way more upside but his workload is questionable.

I'd go Henry this week. Darkwa at Seattle isn't great, and I'd expect the entire NYG offense to struggle. TEN should be able to handle CLE with ease, unless Mariota gets hurt, and with Murray's hammy a possible issue again, maybe Henry gets even more of a 50/50 split this week. If TEN is up big in the 4th, which is quite possible, Henry is going to get most of those carries.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

It’s really a coin flip for me. Both those guys’ roles are almost impossible to predict on a week to week basis.

True. Can't argue with that. And Darkwa can catch the ball too so he should be game flow independent.

I just think Murray is going to have a big week and Demarco already was a DNP today due to hamstring tightness. They're playing CLE and wont need to push Demarco.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 17 of 22
Jump to: