Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Have my own trade question.

Trade Away: Le’Veon Bell and Keenan Allen
Receive: Dak Prescott and Melvin Gordon

It’s a standard 2QB league, and I had been starting Carson Palmer (along with Wentz). I’m now stuck with freaking Brett Hundley as my QB2, and the WW is ridiculously thin (only Brissett, Beathard, Moore, and Trubisky are the only starting Qb’s left).

The rest of my team looks like:
Wentz, Hundley
Zeke, Bell, DeMarco, DMC, Darkwa
Allen, Fitz, Thielan, Parker, Shepard
Brate

Really worried about WR depth if I trade Allen, but man I need a WR. Should I do this, or perhaps try and flip Darkwa or Shepard/Parker for a guy like McCown or Rivers or Dalton? Currently 5-2 FWIW

I would try to get Rivers and not have to give up Le'Veon, who has kicked it into high gear. Rivers' schedule has been absolutely brutal so far, yet he hasn't fallen on his face. He has a nice matchup this week against the Pats, then a bye, and then a terrible matchup in Week 10 against the Jags. But from Week 11 on, I think he will produce nicely. I actually flipped TY Hilton for Rivers in my only 2 QB league (I had Rodgers, Alex Smith, and Tyrod Taylor), and feel fine about it. If you could acquire Rivers now, you could play him this week, and then give Hundley another shot in Weeks 9-10 before going to Rivers for the rest of the year. I still think Hundley has some upside, more than what's on your waiver wire.

I ended up flipping Fitzgerald for him. I feel pretty good about it.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Any players you guys are targeting in trades?

My qb is Rivers
My rbs are mainly hunt kamara mixon and McFadden. I have David Johnson too but idk if he'll even come back and even if he does how will he play
My wrs are mainly Keenan Michael Thomas and will Fuller

Would you do kamara and rivers for Alshon and Wentz? How about trading for Watson. Do you trust him against the jags in week 15?
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

^^^I don't know if I would do that given your RB core. Is Alshon that much of an upgrade of Fuller? Maybe in real life but not fantasy. Wentz is awesome though. Honestly that is tough.

I have Watson and after what he did to the Seahawks today I'm starting to consider him match up proof for fantasy purposes. Good luck getting him, I wouldn't trade him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

My qb is Rivers
My rbs are mainly hunt kamara mixon and McFadden. I have David Johnson too but idk if he'll even come back and even if he does how will he play

Would you do kamara and rivers for Alshon and Wentz? How about trading for Watson. Do you trust him against the jags in week 15?

Hell yes I'd trade Kamara and Rivers for Alshon and Wentz in a non-PPR. Alshon, prior to this week was a buy low candidate. He had probably had the toughest CB matchups but it gets easier starting from this week. And I love Wentz.

If its PPR, that gives Kamaa more value.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

My qb is Rivers

Hell yes I'd trade Kamara and Rivers for Alshon and Wentz in a non-PPR. Alshon, prior to this week was a buy low candidate. He had probably had the toughest CB matchups but it gets easier starting from this week. And I love Wentz.

If its PPR, that gives Kamaa more value.
it's half ppr and I love kamara but rivers is going to face KC during the playoffs and I don't like that. So the appeal of replacing rivers with Wentz got me thinking about it even though I'd be losing kamara..Although I might even do a kamara for Wentz straight up and then take Rivers & mixon and try to get lesean mccoy since the guy's QB is Matt Moore

Might be able to do a Will Fuller for Matt Ryan straight up. Trying to do a will fuller & Rivers for Brady too.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Zeke to miss next 6 games.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/10/30/latest-updates-cowboys-rb-ezekiel-elliotts-monday-trial-fight-nfl-suspension
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/10/30/latest-updates-cowboys-rb-ezekiel-elliotts-monday-trial-fight-nfl-suspension

(bleep) (bleep) (bleep)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

(bleep) (bleep) (bleep)

I hope Zeke learns from this. If it was only one incident I'd be more able to ask for leniency.

SAS is somewhere smiling, waiting to go on the air tomorrow, screaming, I told y'all the Cowboys were a accident waiting to happen.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

(bleep) (bleep) (bleep)

I think he can still appeal to delay the ruling once again though.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

(bleep) (bleep) (bleep)

that'd just make a mockery of this entire process
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject:

Jay Ajayi traded to the Philadelphia Eaglea for a 4th round pick. This can only be goos for Ajayis value.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/367264/eagles-land-jay-ajayi-for-a-fourth-round-pick?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines&sf129409241=1
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Jay Ajayi traded to the Philadelphia Eaglea for a 4th round pick. This can only be goos for Ajayis value.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/367264/eagles-land-jay-ajayi-for-a-fourth-round-pick?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines&sf129409241=1

I know he hasn't been having a great season but damn. That seems like a gift for a good RB whose only 24.

Eagles can now use Blount as a 3rd and short back. I'm sure he won't be happy about that. We'll see how Ajayi works out for their run game. I thought Demarco Murray was going to help but was gone after one season.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

I hope this helps Ajayi. I have him on a team and hes been a dud.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
I hope this helps Ajayi. I have him on a team and hes been a dud.

Literally nowhere to go but up for Ajayi. Even if he got hurt, it still helps your fantasy team more than what he was doing for your team with the Dolphins, because if he gets hurt, at least you know you can look at other options LOL.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

(bleep) (bleep) (bleep)

Yeah, but from what the legal people I’ve been following on this have said, yesterday was his best chance.

I think the suspension finally sticks and I just have to pray I can squeak in to the playoffs without him haha
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

Anyone else pick up JuJu before he blew up this week?? Man that guy is fast.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Carolina Panthers have traded top wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin to the Buffalo Bills for third- and a seventh-round picks in the 2018 draft.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21240301/kelvin-benjamin-carolina-panthers-traded-buffalo-bills

Not sure if this helps or hurts Benjamin. Neither Cam or Tyrod are great passers.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
Quote:
The Carolina Panthers have traded top wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin to the Buffalo Bills for third- and a seventh-round picks in the 2018 draft.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21240301/kelvin-benjamin-carolina-panthers-traded-buffalo-bills

Not sure if this helps or hurts Benjamin. Neither Cam or Tyrod are great passers.

I think it might actually help. Cam's been on a bad streak, and Tyrod does like to lock onto a favorite target. They have a game on Thursday so you're basically taking a bye with Benjamin this week if you have him (I can't imagine he can play this week for them so quickly), but I think his value might go up slightly. It certainly helps Tyrod's value. As for Cam, he'll just pepper Funchess with targets now (his value goes up for sure), will probably increase targeting McCaffrey and Samuel/Shepard now, and Olsen will resume target monster status once he returns at the end of November.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Huskers wrote:
Quote:

I think it might actually help. Cam's been on a bad streak, and Tyrod does like to lock onto a favorite target. They have a game on Thursday so you're basically taking a bye with Benjamin this week if you have him (I can't imagine he can play this week for them so quickly), but I think his value might go up slightly. It certainly helps Tyrod's value. As for Cam, he'll just pepper Funchess with targets now (his value goes up for sure), will probably increase targeting McCaffrey and Samuel/Shepard now, and Olsen will resume target monster status once he returns at the end of November.

Agree. Benjamin is so ridiculously far and away the Bills’ best pass catcher it’s not even funny, and Tyrod is a skeaky good QB. His value increased for sure.

Also, if Funchess is available in your league, pick him up.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Huskers wrote:
Quote:

Agree. Benjamin is so ridiculously far and away the Bills’ best pass catcher it’s not even funny, and Tyrod is a skeaky good QB. His value increased for sure.

Also, if Funchess is available in your league, pick him up.

Does anyone know why Cam almost ignored Kelvin this year? I only saw 2 or 3 panthers games but it was like he was invisible to him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

That's been my biggest knock on Cam as far as QB status. I mean, decent numbers but he has yet to make a receiver post big numbers.

Just curious. Why did the Bills trade Watkins only to trade for Benjamin? Similar "big" receivers to me.

Maybe they just didnt like watkins.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
That's been my biggest knock on Cam as far as QB status. I mean, decent numbers but he has yet to make a receiver post big numbers.

Just curious. Why did the Bills trade Watkins only to trade for Benjamin? Similar "big" receivers to me.

Watkins is 6'1. Benjamin is 6'5".

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Watkins is 6'1. Benjamin is 6'5".

Oh. Watkins seems bigger to me I guess.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

^
Also, McDermott used to be the DC in Carolina and is very familiar with Benjamin. Their GM (Brandon Beane) also used to be in Carolina.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22
Jump to: