2017-18 NBA schedule released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
December is brutal. We face GSW twice, Houston three times and the Cavs

We'll win on GSW game when the Warriors have a night out in LA.

We've taken down Houston before, and I'm sure the CP3/Harden catfight will start by then.

Cavs? LBJ will just refuse to leave the Staples Center and the Lakers will trade JC/Deng for LBJ.

Do you guys believe the notion that Steph and Klay dont shoot as well at the Lakers because the Lakers black out the seats?

Never heard this one, but why only steph and klay ? Why not other shooters ?
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

yeah i see us winning 1 of those 6 games in December. maybe 2 if we are lucky.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
We've taken down Houston before, and I'm sure the CP3/Harden catfight will start by then.

They won't fight. If Harden can play alongside Westbrook he can play alongside CP3.

I see both of the Hou/NY games are national ones. Hope that's the league thinking a Melo to Hou trade will happen. Rockets looking good with the 2nd most national games.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

We start on the 19th? Thats pretty early...but I'll take it!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They won't fight. If Harden can play alongside Westbrook he can play alongside CP3.

I see both of the Hou/NY games are national ones. Hope that's the league thinking a Melo to Hou trade will happen. Rockets looking good with the 2nd most national games.

Yeah we'll see. CP3 grates on everyone. Blake hated him and I see him with a similar personality as Harden.

Is Houston really going to pay an aging CP3 max level money to keep him?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It is a pairing that both asked for and embraced. I don't see any problem existing.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Like we talked about before, it's not the same thing. Westbrook's game and Harden's weren't as developed back in 2012. Harden wasn't "the guy" on OKC. Westbrook wasn't as much of a ball hog.You're being lazy and comparing them on the surface to suit your agenda.

The Rockets still won't get past a healthy GSW and Spurs team, so I don't see CP3 making a significant impact.

Then again, this is coming from a guy who thought Dwight was a success in Houston. Even though they failed to make it out of the first round in 2 of the 3 years, and Dwight's tenure ended up with him bickering with the GM and having issues regarding getting the ball more. Yeah, a great success he was.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

I could see Houston and OKC getting past the Spurs but none getting past GS.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah we'll see. CP3 grates on everyone. Blake hated him and I see him with a similar personality as Harden.

Again I say, he played with Westbrook. Not a problem.

Hard to say what a new owner will pay him since we don't know who that will be. I'm sure current mgmt would suggest it.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:

Like we talked about before, it's not the same thing. Westbrook's game and Harden's weren't as developed back in 2012. Harden wasn't "the guy" on OKC. Westbrook wasn't as much of a ball hog.You're being lazy and comparing them on the surface to suit your agenda.

Actually it is the same thing. A willingness to share the ball or play off of it. Harden didn't want to be the guy in OKC. He didn't want to get traded. He's been asking for PG help for multiple seasons in Houston (first Lawson and now CP3). You assume his mindset has changed because he's been forced to dominate the ball on teams with limited offensive creators.

Krispy Kreme wrote:

Then again, this is coming from a guy who thought Dwight was a success in Houston.

He was. The franchise hadn't been past round one once in nearly two decades and got to a conference finals with him. They were more successful with him than any team in nearly two decades. This is fact. They didn't achieve the ultimate success with him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hard to say what a new owner will pay him since we don't know who that will be. I'm sure current mgmt would suggest it.

That was an eternity ago. Harden is now the Man on his team. Should be interesting to see how he takes little Napoleon yapping at him every practice and game.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That was an eternity ago. Harden is now the Man on his team. Should be interesting to see how he takes little Napoleon yapping at him every practice and game.

Harden helped recruit CP3, they are both grown men who want to compete. I doubt there will be any strife in their first year together.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Harden helped recruit CP3, they are both grown men who want to compete. I doubt there will be any strife in their first year together.

We shall see.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
Damn twitter is salty about lakers getting 35 games on national tv.lol

That's cause they know we are back to being relevant...

The league can't wait to start cashing in on the Lakers again.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject:

2017-18 Lakers Schedule: 5 Must-See Matchups

Quote:
The Lakers’ 2017-18 schedule has been released, and the team’s six-month, 82-game odyssey is filled with high-level opponents and intriguing storylines.

Below is the schedule boiled down to five of the top matchups that every Laker fan should have marked on their calendar.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170814-lakers-schedule-top-games?ls=related_stories
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

To be fair, he came off the bench when he played with Westbrook. Never shared the spotlight in OKC at any time.

But, I do agree, I don't expect them to clash, Harden recruited Paul there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: