Lakers fined $500K for tampering with Paul George (pg 30)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Of course until all the facts are presented and assessed everything else is merely conjuncture and speculation but Indy's reaction reminds me of a jilted lover scorned because she got dumped.
Instead of moving on they mask their pain by striking out, trying to get even with any and everybody, anyway possible.
Never mind how petty or stupid it may seem. smh
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LBJ joined the Cavs who were a lottery team.

I think we will be just as good or better (33-49 in 2013 b/f LBJ came) as the 2013 Cavs. In adding PG13, I think we get a better player in PG13 than Love, and I think Lonzo/Ingram are comparable to what Irving was (ceiling wise).

Situations are much different:

1. Joining the West in 2018 vs. the East in 2014. Very different scenarios, especially given point #2
2. Warriors. They are a problem.
3. His connection to Cleveland
4. Lebron's age
5. I'd argue your Kyrie point is questionable given Lebron's window is probably 2 years realistically IMO.

Or could the simple answer be that he wants to end his career in LA, and start making the business connections to jumpstart his post NBA career (which rumors abound he is poised to do)?

Why is LBJ's window only 2 years? Many all time greats have had long careers, and he could be one of the outliers.

That makes sense as a reason Lebron would want to come here. To come here to win is what makes little sense. I would welcome some first/second round playoff exits compared to what we have seen the past 4 seasons.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Of course until all the facts are presented and assessed everything else is merely conjuncture and speculation but Indy's reaction reminds me of a jilted lover scorned because she got dumped.
Instead of moving on they mask their pain by striking out, trying to get even with any and everybody, anyway possible.

NBA right now = Lakers are getting back to relevancy so let's accuse them so there next success will be stopped.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Bob Kravitz was on the morning show on espn710 this morning and went through the timeline, pretty good interview.

The 3 main parts imo:

1. Simon, Pritchard and Bird got together day after kimmel segment and basically said this is "BS." When Mintz called and informed them PG13 wouldn't be back, they put 2 and 2 together and submitted request for tampering investigation.

2. Kravitz said PG13 always gave the notion that he wanted to be back up until he wasn't named to the All-NBA. Once he wasn't eligible for super max, his tune changed. So Kravitz says you can't really blame the pacers for holding on past trade deadline despite the whispers even if in retrospect they should have traded him.

3. Kravitz believes PG13's desire is to be a laker and that he will end up with the lakers unless the tampering results in that option being taken away. Kravitz says Westbrook and OKC is not going to be enough to keep George from going to lakers.

Not many players are walking away from that contract.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LBJ joined the Cavs who were a lottery team.

I think we will be just as good or better (33-49 in 2013 b/f LBJ came) as the 2013 Cavs. In adding PG13, I think we get a better player in PG13 than Love, and I think Lonzo/Ingram are comparable to what Irving was (ceiling wise).

Situations are much different:

1. Joining the West in 2018 vs. the East in 2014. Very different scenarios, especially given point #2
2. Warriors. They are a problem.
3. His connection to Cleveland
4. Lebron's age
5. I'd argue your Kyrie point is questionable given Lebron's window is probably 2 years realistically IMO.

Or could the simple answer be that he wants to end his career in LA, and start making the business connections to jumpstart his post NBA career (which rumors abound he is poised to do)?

Why is LBJ's window only 2 years? Many all time greats have had long careers, and he could be one of the outliers.

It could be, I just don't think there's much real evidence. I hope I'm wrong and Lebron is in a Laker jersey next year (because I want to win), but it seems like we're just hoping based on rumors per usual. Hey, I hope the Space Jam 2 tale is true.

I think Lebron has 3 years, including this one, left performing at his current level. At some point, Father Time always wins. I find it hard to believe he's going to be putting up 26/8/8 at 37, but if anyone can do it, it'd be Lebron.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

As much as I agree with you there is another side to the same coin.

Many fans across the league feel the Lakers are the cheating dog that dumped your scorned lover. Completely justified thinking they deserve any payback coming to them.

Perspective changes from where you stand. Doesn't matter that we all have the exact same minimal information concerning the facts.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

The key here is what evidence the investigators find (or don't), and what the league chooses to do with it (or not). Whose fan base is right or wrong, spoiled, entitled, jealous, whiny, etc., is of no real importance.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
pio2u wrote:

As much as I agree with you there is another side to the same coin.

Many fans across the league feel the Lakers are the cheating dog that dumped your scorned lover. Completely justified thinking they deserve any payback coming to them.

Perspective changes from where you stand. Doesn't matter that we all have the exact same minimal information concerning the facts.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The key here is what evidence the investigators find (or don't), and what the league chooses to do with it (or not). Whose fan base is right or wrong, spoiled, entitled, jealous, whiny, etc., is of no real importance.

But it makes for good, if not futile, off-season conversation in the meantime.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Absolutely.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Do you think the league might warn the Pacers of false accusation if the league doesn't find any evidence?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

August is when the NBA news is slow, so this might be why this whole tampering thing came out so people can chew on something until the season starts.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Do you think the league might warn the Pacers of false accusation if the league doesn't find any evidence?

Depends on how you define lack of evidence. The fact that Magic is certainly guilty of a minor tampering violation and that there's at least some "probable cause" type evidence that something more may have occurred probably crosses a reasonable threshold for wanting it investigated. And that's just what's out there. I don't know what exact complaint or details were offered by Indy.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
If nothing comes out of this, the league should punish the Pacers for accusing.

This should go for every team for that matter.

Agreed, if the Pacers are wasting everyone's time, they they must forfeit draft picks to us along with monetary compensation. Lilpunkassbitches.

lol who is having their time wasted? Fans on message boards? Clearly we have plenty of time to waste.

Clearly. Picture me pushing one out while I post.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
ocho wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
If nothing comes out of this, the league should punish the Pacers for accusing.

This should go for every team for that matter.

Agreed, if the Pacers are wasting everyone's time, they they must forfeit draft picks to us along with monetary compensation. Lilpunkassbitches.

lol who is having their time wasted? Fans on message boards? Clearly we have plenty of time to waste.

Clearly. Picture me pushing one out while I post.

Picture what I might be doing next time you post something like that.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

The point is you are not an Indy fan. Consider for a moment the huge chip that most NBA fans have towards the Lakers.

I moved to Denver about 8 years ago, trust me the inferiority complex against the Lakers is huge. You hear it on the radio and from fans constantly. Even hear it in the NFL discussions and the Broncos. The recent run by the Dodgers coinciding with the mid season plummet of the Rockies is downright comical in the bitterness.

Small cities commiserate with each other about how unfair it is from a franchise perspective.

Think about the response to the Paul trade. LA fans hold a grudge. The rest of the League smirks and defends it. Or how many other 20 win teams have fans pack arenas to scream "Beat LA!".

The majority of the fans across the league would like nothing more then to see the Lakers get slammed hard for tampering. Only hope that nothing is found or proven.

If Magic screwed up it will likely be an overreaction if the the other owners and fan reaction can sway the punishment.

Exactly. That part is unfair but not unknown, which is why it is terribly important not to make egregious unforced errors of judgment.

Yes, it does remind of serving into the net in sports such as volleyball & tennis.

Unforced Error

a missed shot or lost point (as in tennis) that is entirely a result of the player's own blunder and not because of the opponent's skill or effort
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I would imagine that before the NBA spends the resources and money to investigate an accusation, they would do their due diligence to determine if the accusations had any merit.

I doubt its as simple as "they tampered" and that's enough to get an investigation going.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Bob Kravitz was on the morning show on espn710 this morning and went through the timeline, pretty good interview.

The 3 main parts imo:

1. Simon, Pritchard and Bird got together day after kimmel segment and basically said this is "BS." When Mintz called and informed them PG13 wouldn't be back, they put 2 and 2 together and submitted request for tampering investigation.

2. Kravitz said PG13 always gave the notion that he wanted to be back up until he wasn't named to the All-NBA. Once he wasn't eligible for super max, his tune changed. So Kravitz says you can't really blame the pacers for holding on past trade deadline despite the whispers even if in retrospect they should have traded him.

3. Kravitz believes PG13's desire is to be a laker and that he will end up with the lakers unless the tampering results in that option being taken away. Kravitz says Westbrook and OKC is not going to be enough to keep George from going to lakers.

Sounds like they have nothing. PG's tune changed when he knew he wasn't going to qualify for the super max? Shocker. Also nothing to do with the Lakers, unless Indiana thinks George and his agent weren't going to figure that out on their own. Sure seems like a fine would be the most we might have to expect.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

The moves that the lakers have made indicate they know something that they shouldn't. I said it as soon as the Russell trade went down because it didn't make any sense to trade Russell a year ahead of time, unless you know for certain that you're going to get a star with that capspace.

This investigation is really no surprise to me at all because it seemed like the obvious thing to do for a while now. GMs and owners are not stupid and won't be as easily manipulated as the casual fan. Idk what evidence will or will not be found, but I do know that this investigation is warranted. Hopefully nothing comes of it and magic/pelinka learn how to STFU and move in silence. People can say whatever they want about kupchek and buss but one thing they didn't do is run their mouths and parade around social media like attention whores.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
The moves that the lakers have made indicate they know something that they shouldn't. I said it as soon as the Russell trade went down because it didn't make any sense to trade Russell a year ahead of time, unless you know for certain that you're going to get a star with that capspace.

This investigation is really no surprise to me at all because it seemed like the obvious thing to do for a while now. GMs and owners are not stupid and won't be as easily manipulated as the casual fan. Idk what evidence will or will not be found, but I do know that this investigation is warranted. Hopefully nothing comes of it and magic/pelinka learn how to (bleep) and move in silence. People can say whatever they want about kupchek and buss but one thing they didn't do is run their mouths and parade around social media like attention whores.

I think it is quite possibke to have a two max plan based on your belief in your ability to close, without having to have inside knowledge. That shouldnt be seen as evidence in and of itself. Mitch and Jim passed up on quality players and committed to two maxes without any scoops.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

This investigation is really no surprise to me at all because it seemed like the obvious thing to do for a while now. GMs and owners are not stupid and won't be as easily manipulated as the casual fan. Idk what evidence will or will not be found, but I do know that this investigation is warranted. Hopefully nothing comes of it and magic/pelinka learn how to (bleep) and move in silence. People can say whatever they want about kupchek and buss but one thing they didn't do is run their mouths and parade around social media like attention whores.

I think it is quite possibke to have a two max plan based on your belief in your ability to close, without having to have inside knowledge. That shouldnt be seen as evidence in and of itself. Mitch and Jim passed up on quality players and committed to two maxes without any scoops.

Its possible, but the way they went about it is what's suspect imo. They could have easily packaged Russell or randle at the end of next season to open up cap space. They could have a full year to see how they fit with Lonzo and Ingram as well, but they decided to go all in a full year early. Mosgov and deng would have had 1 less year on their contracts making them easier to move as well. feels like they jumped the gun
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I would imagine that before the NBA spends the resources and money to investigate an accusation, they would do their due diligence to determine if the accusations had any merit.

I doubt its as simple as "they tampered" and that's enough to get an investigation going.

Actually, I think they are obligated to pursue formal complaints.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Its possible, but the way they went about it is what's suspect imo. They could have easily packaged Russell or randle at the end of next season to open up cap space. They could have a full year to see how they fit with Lonzo and Ingram as well, but they decided to go all in a full year early. Mosgov and deng would have had 1 less year on their contracts making them easier to move as well. feels like they jumped the gun

It's a lot easier to move someone when you can take back an expiring contract, as the Lakers did with Lopez. Much harder to find a team that can simply absorb the cap space.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Actually, I think they are obligated to pursue formal complaints.

Yes, but I'd have to imagine in order to file a formal complaint, you have to provide some details beyond "I think they tampered and for no reason whatsoever".
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

If you mean an investigation that includes hiring an outside law firm, yes, I agree.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 25 of 44
Jump to: