BREAKING OT: Kyrie traded to Celtics for Isaiah, Crowder, Zizic, and Nets' unprotected 2018 pick.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
I don't know what some of you are smoking, clear win for the Cavs here (ESPECIALLY given how their hand was forced and how other teams got much poorer returns in similar situations this summer), though obviously the Celtics also got what they needed - finally cashed in some assets for a legit All-Star / borderline superstar in his prime. But the main thing is that Cleveland now has a safety net of sorts if Lebron leaves and flexibility. And as far as getting equal value back for a star, they did as well as any team has in recent years, and may actually be at the top of the list.

The option is there to pay IT if he balls out and they want to retain him beyond the year to keep fans in the seats (with Love and 2018 Nets' 1st rounder flanking him), but they can just as easily blow it up and let him walk, trade Love for more assets, and build around youth (with a likely tank year in 2019). They're set up pretty decently for the short and long term now, which is way more than you could say 12 hours ago.

strawberry fields, sativa.

I agree with your post but Blue Dream, hybrid.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for the playoff series. That will be good TV.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

i'm happy that Kyrie stayed in the East!
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
I don't know what some of you are smoking, clear win for the Cavs here (ESPECIALLY given how their hand was forced and how other teams got much poorer returns in similar situations this summer), though obviously the Celtics also got what they needed - finally cashed in some assets for a legit All-Star / borderline superstar in his prime. But the main thing is that Cleveland now has a safety net of sorts if Lebron leaves and flexibility. And as far as getting equal value back for a star, they did as well as any team has in recent years, and may actually be at the top of the list.

The option is there to pay IT if he balls out and they want to retain him beyond the year to keep fans in the seats (with Love and 2018 Nets' 1st rounder flanking him), but they can just as easily blow it up and let him walk, trade Love for more assets, and build around youth (with a likely tank year in 2019). They're set up pretty decently for the short and long term now, which is way more than you could say 12 hours ago.

strawberry fields, sativa.

I agree with your post but Blue Dream, hybrid.

Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
When Kyrie leaves the Celtics, it will be great. Imaging if the Nets pick ends up being Bagley or Porter.

As a Lakers fan I'd prefer that pick to be trash. (bleep) the Cavs. (bleep) the Celtics.

Best case sceneario, Lebron leaves, Kyrie leaves, IT leaves and the pick turns out to be trash.

If Brooklyn is good enough for the pick to suck that means DLO becomes the second coming of Harden making us looking bad

We are talking about the same Nets that are predicted to win 15 games, right?

Cavs made a great trade. Deeper team now. Wonder if they move Love too? Still chase after a Porzingas trade? How about Love and the pick for Anthony and Porzingas? 😀

Going to be interesting to see how they gel this season. Would not be so quick to assume the Cavs can't convince James to stay. This changes the team dynamic considerably.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

That nets pick was pretty valuable for the Cs to give up, I am sure they could offer other picks( including ours), but I am happy they gave up so much
Stylezze
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Cavs made out like bandits, wtf Ainge. Had he played his cards right he could have gotten PG, Butler and still signed Hayward. I love how all of his jockers were defending him and praising his patience, then he goes and blows his wad on this trade. Part of me thinks that the thought must have at least crossed his mind to give the cavs more flexibility so they can try to keep LeBron (thus keeping him away from us).
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
bandiger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Cavs compete this year and have a future if LBJ leaves.
Celts compete now and can build on core.

Regardless. (bleep) the Celtics.

Great trade for both teams, part of the reason Lakers sucked ass is cause they got nothing for either Howard or Pau. Sad this team had to go through several years of tanking to recover

If Kobe wasn't trying to hang on at the end they would have started the rebuild sooner and traded those guys.

Kobe was still pretty damn good before the achilles injury. Also, we tried with Pau and had a great deal lined up . . .
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Anyone just hear Ainge say that the summer is not over yet in response to answering about the big summer?
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: BREAKING OT: Kyrie traded to Celtics for Isaiah, Crowder, Zizic, and Nets' unprotected 2018 pick.

shortodom wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
Shams Bomb

Don't know what this means for our chances with LeBron, but here you go. Get in before the merge/ shift.

Holy crap. Boston looking legit. They were going nowhere with IT. Boston vs Cleveland just got really interesting.

Then if we get Lebron next year. Lakers Vs Celtics is back

GSW Says not so fast they will still smack both us and the C's in their current state.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Anyone just hear Ainge say that the summer is not over yet in response to answering about the big summer?

They still have Brown, Tatum, and our pick. If they wanted to, they could probably get another All-Star or Superstar. Crazy.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
I'm in the minority here. I think CLE made out like bandits. Can't believe BOS added that Brooklyn pick.

I think most people are seeing it the same way as you.

Boston's moves make them finals bound with a good young core. Too bad GS is essentially invincible
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: BREAKING OT: Kyrie traded to Celtics for Isaiah, Crowder, Zizic, and Nets' unprotected 2018 pick.

fontana3d wrote:
shortodom wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
Shams Bomb

Don't know what this means for our chances with LeBron, but here you go. Get in before the merge/ shift.

Holy crap. Boston looking legit. They were going nowhere with IT. Boston vs Cleveland just got really interesting.

GSW Says not so fast they will still smack both us and the C's in their current state.

Well I think the Lakers dethroning GS will depend on if Lonzo and Ingram turn out to be superstars.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

They still have Brown, Tatum, and our pick. If they wanted to, they could probably get another All-Star or Superstar. Crazy.

Wow.

I bet they go after Marc Gasol now.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Wow.

That would be sweet. Waste all your assets on a no defense PG and a 32-year-old center.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Stylezze wrote:
Cavs made out like bandits, what the heck Ainge. Had he played his cards right he could have gotten PG, Butler and still signed Hayward. I love how all of his jockers were defending him and praising his patience, then he goes and blows his wad on this trade. Part of me thinks that the thought must have at least crossed his mind to give the cavs more flexibility so they can try to keep LeBron (thus keeping him away from us).

If the only goal of Ainge's job is to hurt our "chances" at succeeding at the expense of his own team's success, he won't have a job for much longer. He should not have the least worry about the Lakers who've missed the playoffs for 4 years straight and don't even play in the same conference. Hard to believe that he'd be so ridiculously petty to even possibly risk losing his job over it.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Derrick Rose just became a super sub. Even trade I'm...Go W's still come Finals over these whiney ass East teams.

doesn't matter cause IT won't be dropping 40 on Klay like Kyrie could
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Wow.

That would be sweet. Waste all your assets on a no defense PG and a 32-year-old center.

If they get Gasol this is there roster:

C: Marc Gasol
PF: Al Horford
SF: Gordon Hayward
SG: Jaylen Brown?
PG: Kyrie Irving

Still don't see them winning against the Warriors
:
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Wow.

Why would Memphis want Al Horford?
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: BREAKING OT: Kyrie traded to Celtics for Isaiah, Crowder, Zizic, and Nets' unprotected 2018 pick.

Inspector Gadget wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
shortodom wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
Shams Bomb

Well I think the Lakers dethroning GS will depend on if Lonzo and Ingram turn out to be superstars.

That will come down to that and if we get two max free agents too.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Wow.

Who said anything about Horford?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

I want to say it's a bad trade for the Celtics because Kyrie isn't that good, and having LeBron did him a lot of favors. On the other hand, the last time I doubted Kyrie was the 2016 Finals, so I learned not to do that. Guess we'll see.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Raijin wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Wow.

Does the salary cap not exist in your world?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Raijin wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Wow.

Does the salary cap not exist in your world?

Well you see Boston has other pieces in Smart, Baynes, Morris that they can add to Brown and Tatum to match salaries.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Cavs made out on that deal. They got Thomas who is gonna be a free agent, they got Crowder and they've got the Nets 1st round pick. The Celtics just got a whole lot better. if they still had Bradley....

But Tatum, Kyrie and Irving? Not a bad setup for them/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: