ot vlad rad for wilcox done
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
But then there's the Chris Mihm aquisition

That - especially considering the price of his K - is a HUGE steal.

So what? it got us no where last year.

So If the Lakers don't win a ring every year you're not a fan?

They are RE-BUILDING. That means they are looking to put together a team that can contend.

Have fun cheering for SA and Detroit, if you can't see out a re-building process.

I'll stick with the Lakers now - and 4 life.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Wolf your actting ignorant, a team who's having there best season in franchise history is still trying to improve there team while we're standing pat like sheeps when we're have 2 stright seasons of crappyness.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

No, your actting like Mihm bought something to this team, and my point is it got us no where.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Wolf your actting ignorant, a team who's having there best season in franchise history is still trying to improve there team while we're standing pat like sheeps when we're have 2 stright seasons of crappyness.

Radmanovic is an improvement?

What position does he play?

PF.

What position does Brand play?

PF.

Atleast Wilcox could play out there at C or defend the PF spot. Can't say the same about Vlade.

And the Clippers can make all the moves they want - they don't have a foundation that's winnning rings.

The Lakers are in search of that. If you can't give them 2-3 years after they have given us just 3 rings in this decade - then you are no fan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:

LAL25 wrote:
Rad gives them better outside shooting, spacing the floor.

Seattle gets a bit tougher inside.

I don't see how either team loses out on this trade. They both address weaknesses.

I actually think it hurts the Clippers because they don't have any depth in the front court. They really don't. Zebraca is still trying to get back following his heart surgery. After that they had Wilcox. Rad is really more of a slower SF, not a real PF. I'm sure he'll try, but he's a lousy defender.

Perhaps the Clipps make a 2nd move for Fortson. I don't know, but they're awfully thin up front and I couldn't be happier. I hate the Clipps.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

No, your actting like Mihm bought something to this team, and my point is it got us no where.

No, Never said that.

But someone said - what have the Lakers done in re-building in terms of talent.

I say Chris Mihm, Andrew Bynum, Smush Parker and Lamar Odom. That's half the rotation right there.

The Lakers need 2 pieces. But they must make sure they add the RIGHT 2 pieces and not get stuck with players that aren't worth a longterm invesment.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Wolf, we need 1 good player and 1 good role-player can we do that before the deadline? we can only wait . . .
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
LAL25 wrote:
Rad gives them better outside shooting, spacing the floor.

Seattle gets a bit tougher inside.

I don't see how either team loses out on this trade. They both address weaknesses.

I actually think it hurts the Clippers because they don't have any depth in the front court. They really don't. Zebraca is still trying to get back following his heart surgery. After that they had Wilcox. Rad is really more of a slower SF, not a real PF. I'm sure he'll try, but he's a lousy defender.

Perhaps the Clipps make a 2nd move for Fortson. I don't know, but they're awfully thin up front and I couldn't be happier. I hate the Clipps.

as do i
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

Radmanovic is an improvement?

What position does he play?

PF.

What position does Brand play?

PF.

Atleast Wilcox could play out there at C or defend the PF spot. Can't say the same about Vlade.

And the Clippers can make all the moves they want - they don't have a foundation that's winnning rings.

The Lakers are in search of that. If you can't give them 2-3 years after they have given us just 3 rings in this decade - then you are no fan.

Some people only support the team when they're in contention. Once the dynasty is over and they have to rebuild, however, they're quick to bash, insult and even - GULP - start loving on the Clippers formula for success (yes, the Clippers formula for success!) How pathetic is that?
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

They are RE-BUILDING. That means they are looking to put together a team that can contend.

Have fun cheering for SA and Detroit, if you can't see out a re-building process.

I certainly agree with the sentiment, but REBUILDING implies something other than staying the same. It implies PROGRESS. So, while I am a Laker fan, and I am comfortable with REBUILDING, I do not want to see the same crappy team hit the floor while every other team at least attempts to get better.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Some people only support the team when they're in contention. Once the dynasty is over and they have to rebuild, however, they're quick to bash, insult and even - GULP - start loving on the Clippers formula for success (yes, the Clippers formula for success!) How pathetic is that?

Exactly.

Does anyone even think why Wilcox got dealt?

Ummm - He's a FA this summer. Clips don't want to re-sign him.

Hmmm .... Is that a cost cutting move?

From the Clippers

Who would have thought !! :roll:

And to think - The Clippers actually are a playoff team right now because of Cassell. Once Cassell retires or is done - that team will struggle to make the playoffs.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

i think you're missing his point: when a team is built to win a championship, they have put ALL their eggs in one basket. It's a small window of opportunity--look what miami did this offseason. it was a big gamble, but it was made because they knew that if they don't win now, with shaq on the downside of his career, they never will.

when you are rebuilding, you cannot just make moves to make moves. it is a much more gradual process and it takes time patience and level-headedness.

i'm not saying don't make moves that improve us, but you can't make moves with the same rationale as a detroit or miami, who are playing to win today.

Last edited by tony smith on Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

We have a few pieces
Kobe
Mihm
Bynum.
Thats all. Both Rad and wilcox would have made us better.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers could win 3 straight titles and they'll still get no love from me. The Lakers were my team after Magic and Kareem left, to when they missed the playoffs with Van Exel and Vlade, to dominating with Shaq and Kobe and now dealing with Kwame and Odom. Give the Clippers credit they finally have a solid team and are playing well but THEY ARE NOT L.A.'S TEAM! THIS WAS, IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE LAKER'S CITY!
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I certainly agree with the sentiment, but REBUILDING implies something other than staying the same. It implies PROGRESS. So, while I am a Laker fan, and I am comfortable with REBUILDING, I do not want to see the same crappy team hit the floor while every other team at least attempts to get better.

BINGO.

Truth is had last years team not been plagued by injuries it would have been scary similiar to this years team. Difference is we had more talent last year. Where is the progress?
LAL25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

I don't believe it'd be sound for the Lakers to take on a big salary for a player that wouldn't significantly impact the team, but I also think this team is simply not built for the playoffs. Making the playoffs? Maybe, but competing in the playoffs? No. And no, I'm not expecting them to win a ring this year or next but let's see some smarter moves by the brass.

Some fans want to see a balance of business savvy and good drafting/FA signings. Sorry, but outside of Bynum the Lakers haven't made the best draft choices and they certainly haven't used their MLEs or even LLEs the best way they could.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I certainly agree with the sentiment, but REBUILDING implies something other than staying the same. It implies PROGRESS. So, while I am a Laker fan, and I am comfortable with REBUILDING, I do not want to see the same crappy team hit the floor while every other team at least attempts to get better

Hey MSB.

Listen - I'm not arguing that this team doesn't lack talent. They need more no doubt.

BUT there's a notion that the Lakers have added no talent. I disagree. They have not INVESTED in any talent apart from Lamar Odom longterm. And you already see how much the fans are on LO. So if they go ahead and add 4-5 players to big deals and the team doesn't contend - then what?

You are in the situation the following teams are in.

Denver
Memphis
Golden State
Sacramento
Minnesota
Houston

Wanna be like them?

I rather wait for the right move than rush and make the wrong move. I also would want some really good players signed to this team that fill a need.

And you and I both know that the Lakers are willing to ditch the capspace and win now for certain players
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

We need to make a trade before the deadline please lord if you hear me, please tell Mitch to make a trade!
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
I certainly agree with the sentiment, but REBUILDING implies something other than staying the same. It implies PROGRESS. So, while I am a Laker fan, and I am comfortable with REBUILDING, I do not want to see the same crappy team hit the floor while every other team at least attempts to get better

Hey MSB.

Listen - I'm not arguing that this team doesn't lack talent. They need more no doubt.

BUT there's a notion that the Lakers have added no talent. I disagree. They have not INVESTED in any talent apart from Lamar Odom longterm. And you already see how much the fans are on LO. So if they go ahead and add 4-5 players to big deals and the team doesn't contend - then what?

You are in the situation the following teams are in.

Denver
Memphis
Golden State
Sacramento
Minnesota
Houston

Wanna be like them?

I rather wait for the right move than rush and make the wrong move. I also would want some really good players signed to this team that fill a need.

And you and I both know that the Lakers are willing to ditch the capspace and win now for certain players

this argument isnt valid. take the teams star off those teams and give the rest to PJ and Kobe. We compete. Thats all. Give PJ and Kobe Pau's cast. Carmelos cast. KG's cast may be as bad as ours but the others are fairly young and solid.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
BINGO.

Truth is had last years team not been plagued by injuries it would have been scary similiar to this years team. Difference is we had more talent last year. Where is the progress?

Where's the progress?

1- We have more athleticism
2- We have more size
3- We have improved young players like Chris Mihm
4- We have added a young true Center that is impressing in Bynum
5- We have added a young guard in Smush Parker that has shown ability to step in and be a scorer on this team.

At worst - we have atleast 4 players you'd want to keep. Odom, Bynum, Mihm and Parker.

The problem? Even the league knows that those 4 are what's valuable. So they will ask for them. That's when you have to weigh in on what's good for the team ...

Which is exactly what the Lakers are doing.

They will make a trade if they think it's worth it. If they feel that they are better off looking at the summer and next season - then they will not make that trade.

But they definitely will look to upgrade. It's preposterous to think that they aren't exhausting all areas.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

It's called a "piece" not the whole dam puzzle. Are you trying to suggest that Mihm has had no positive impact on this team and isn't a great value at his price, just because we didn’t win a title last year? Guess what, the Clippers didn’t win, either.

Now let's see, it's taken the Clippers how many decades to build a contender? Oh, that's right, they still haven't put together the right pieces to win anything or even contend for a title. But hey, they've had 1/2 of one good season, so I can see why you'd want to bash the Lakers organization over the Clippers glowing success.

Seriously, if you contrast the two organizations, the Lakers have combined “pieces" to repeatedly put together not only title runs, but dynasties over several different eras, and you're going to sit there and crap on them for not contending in the 2nd year of a rebuild? And in favor of the Clippers, no less? Let me tell you, your concept of fanship seriously sucks.

The Lakers with Kobe Bryant are just one player away - as is the case when a team has a dominant player. Consequently, the Lakers will win another title before the Clippers do, and then you can sit and brag about how much you backed and supported the team during their struggles. You know. Like a true bandwagoner.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
this argument isnt valid. take the teams star off those teams and give the rest to PJ and Kobe. We compete. Thats all. Give PJ and Kobe Pau's cast. Carmelos cast. KG's cast may be as bad as ours but the others are fairly young and solid.

So basically it comes down to the same thing.

Kobe is god and will win against all odds and we must do whatever he needs ignoring what's best for the team longterm. Why? So he can be on a 50 win team, make All-NBA first team every season and win the MVP? I could careless about that.

There's some players you trade for. Guys on those teams I listed. But then there's players on those teams that you do not touch. They have ridiculous contracts all because of GM's giving too much money, too early. Some of those guys are players you would pay because you want Kobe to get help so desperately. Not thinking about 2-3 years from now when those players will be making 2 times the amount they should be. This from the guy that thinks LO is overpaid. Oh the irony, bounty ......

Answer me this - Do you think that the Lakers don't see what we see?

Ofcourse they know they have some holes. But they can't plug all those holes in one minute. It's a process. And you better believe that they are looking at ways to fill in those holes.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

That's because the Clippers have a bunch of trade assets they've built up through a decade of being in the lottery. They've taken about the longest possible route (with the exception of the Warriors) to get their heads above mediocrity.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
BINGO.

Where's the progress?

1- We have more athleticism
2- We have more size
3- We have improved young players like Chris Mihm
4- We have added a young true Center that is impressing in Bynum
5- We have added a young guard in Smush Parker that has shown ability to step in and be a scorer on this team.

At worst - we have atleast 4 players you'd want to keep. Odom, Bynum, Mihm and Parker.

The problem? Even the league knows that those 4 are what's valuable. So they will ask for them. That's when you have to weigh in on what's good for the team ...

Which is exactly what the Lakers are doing.

They will make a trade if they think it's worth it. If they feel that they are better off looking at the summer and next season - then they will not make that trade.

But they definitely will look to upgrade. It's preposterous to think that they aren't exhausting all areas.

How is lO valuable at 12mil? They wouldnt move frye for him. Wouldnt move granger for him. I mean other than a teams cancer what value does he bring. CERTAINLY not his inconsistent performances
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Then how about a little honesty. This team is NOT last year's team. Just take a look at the respective rosters. If you're only going by the record, then you're misleading yourself. Why? Because during the first half of the season last year, the Lakers went through the easiest and lightest part of their schedule with tons of home games to boot. When the toughest part of the schedule hit in the 2nd half, the Lakers went a whopping 2 - 21.

This year, the 1st half IS our toughest schedule and has had nasty road games all over it with tons of back-to-backs, yet guess what? We're over .500 with the worst in our rear view mirror and sitting in the playoffs. Last year's team had NOTHING on this year's squad. Consequently, we're stepping into the easiest part of our schedule with a chance to move up in the standings. Either way, we've completed the worst and we're in the playoffs as we speak.

How on earth is that NOT an improvement?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: